Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

Cure inflamed red pimples (temporarly, for when going out etc)

This really works... for a while though. I use it when im going out.. dap a drop of lavender essential oil on your inflamed pimple/cyst it will take the redness away :) try it , it really works...lavender essential oil also helps acne, so if you use it regularly you will see a differince.

Dont worry, even people with oily skin can use it. It's a non-comedogenic oil , it does not clog pores :)

You can also use redness removing eye drops to help with redness temporarily... Good tip.

Yeah , I tried that , didnt work as well as this method though

Good advice everyone. I'm always looking for ways to temporarily reduce inflamation before I go out. Do you think advil or tylenol would also be good if my face just gets flushed sometimes and I want a quick fix?

Good advice everyone. I'm always looking for ways to temporarily reduce inflamation before I go out. Do you think advil or tylenol would also be good if my face just gets flushed sometimes and I want a quick fix?

Im not really sure.

my advice on the lavender essential oil would probably be your best bet since it is a 100% natural with no given side affects..u might want to dilute it in water though and use a cotton ball n dab it on ur face.

This really works... for a while though. I use it when im going out.. dap a drop of lavender essential oil on your inflamed pimple/cyst it will take the redness away :) try it , it really works...lavender essential oil also helps acne, so if you use it regularly you will see a differince.

Dont worry, even people with oily skin can use it. It's a non-comedogenic oil , it does not clog pores :)

Where can i get this from, i'm in the UK.?

Where can i get this from, i'm in the UK.?

You can get lavender oil from ANY health food store, probably most supermarkets (asda/tesco etc) and all herbalist stores.

It's very easy and inexpensive to get.

Bought some of this stuff, and i can say its not all that good at taken redness down, it is quite hard to apply though as its a clear liquid.

Bought some of this stuff, and i can say its not all that good at taken redness down, it is quite hard to apply though as its a clear liquid.

if you have aloe vera..mix a teenie tiny drop and apply it.. or drop on ur finger and dap it on the pimple... ooooor

two tablespoon of water and two or three drops of lavender, dip cotton ball and dab.

i noticed regular use helps also. like entire face.

I put this stuff on the pimple straight from the bottle, i never mixed it with water, the girl in the shop said it was fine to put it on neat if it was a small area, but if your doing a large area, mix it.

I put this stuff on the pimple straight from the bottle, i never mixed it with water, the girl in the shop said it was fine to put it on neat if it was a small area, but if your doing a large area, mix it.

it might cause irritation. the girl doesnt know shit. i find it works better diluted.

Where can you buy the oil? At a supermarket or at Walgreens? Thanks.

Ummm...im not sure since im from canada but you can try.

go to a pharmacy like CVS they might have it. or try a health food store like vitamin world.

Also, taking advil or tylenol gets rid of the redness.

Aleve is great for temporarily reducing inflammation.

Like taking it as a pill through ur mouth, or crushing it up and putting it over ur pimples? Same question on the tylenol.