Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few months ago, I had some problems with raised scars/keloids/or something. Check out this thread -

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=98618

Doctor said there were about 4 permanent cysts (that's what he thinks they were) so he gave me 2 cortizone shots on the biggest ones and now here's my most recent pics, looks a lot better

IPB Image

The raised scars are still on my left side but they are barely raised anymore. I could use a few more shots but that stuff is probably expensive for me since I have no insurance. Should I just apply this scar serum I have? Vitamin E oil with cocoa butter, would that help them fade?

My other question is what the hell should I do about shaving. I do a good job but when it comes to shaving all the hairs around my neck, I cut myself EVERYWHERE. Do you think I should use an electric instead? If so, can you recommend me something that would give the closest shave? Thanks.

Bump, any suggestions?

you know, it's really a trial & error thing, what works fo one may not work for another...

I use Edge Active Care shave cream, the green one but there are other types out there for different skins. I really think this shaving cream is the best - since ive used it i dont get razor burns.

Also, have you tried single blade razors? One of those disposable kind where you can get a big pack of them?

I agree with lance...the non-lathering shave creams are the way to go if you deal with constant nicks and cuts...you'd be surprised at how well they work. Just make sure your skin is both CLEAN and WET when you apply the stuff, and don't be afraid to slather it on...doesn't seem to clog pores at all.

I use Edge Active Care shave cream, the green one but there are other types out there for different skins. I really think this shaving cream is the best - since ive used it i dont get razor burns.

Also, have you tried single blade razors? One of those disposable kind where you can get a big pack of them?

is that stuff really that good ? (only place i can find it is on-line...)

next question, where the h*** can you buy single blade razors, can never find them (i'm in the US)