Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am on cloud 9 right now, seriously. like many of you i've been on a serious mission trying to get my skin under control. i FINALLY found what i consider to be nothing short of a MIRACLE. let me explain what kind of acne i have first - hormonal, fluctuates as my cycle goes through it's course, but lately it's been getting worse, with more deep cystic acne, and as a result, more scarring. at the beginning of the summer i finally got frustrated and decided to never put bp on my face again. i'm not sure why, i guess i was just pissed off. as you can guess, the result was acne galore. i mean my face has never been that bad in my life. but i couldn't do it, it felt like a superficial treatment, not ever "curing" it, only seeming to maintain it, at best.

i discovered olay's new facewash for oily skin that has witch hazel in it. it is by far the BEST face wash i have ever used, and i've used them all. it really softens and relaxes the skin, and it's not too drying, but it keeps oil at bay. i've used that since the beginning of july. but my true Godsend is neutrogena's at-home microdermabrasion kit. i can't even put into words what this has done for my face in such little time. you use it for 5 days straight, take a week off, then use it regularly afterwards. i noticed results after about the 2nd day. it diminished my scarring by at least 80%, and i've got only a couple of pimples since, before i would have about 20 active pimples on my face at all times. my overall complexion has really brightened up and is back to glowing like it used to. :dance:

so this is my very simple regimen:

morning/night (more or less, depending on the amount of oil on my face): olay face wash for oily/comb. skin w/ witch hazel

2-3x a week: neutrogena advanced solutions at-home microdermabrasion kit.

important: STOP picking at your face! :naughty: no excuses, you destroy your skin this way. i've given in a few times, and used a clean needle and kleenex, which is better than dirty hands/nails, if the itch just won't quit.

right now i'm on the week off stage for the microdermabrasion, and i can't wait to start using it again, but i'm glad to say i have had no breakouts (some people have reported bad breakouts during the break time). so yes it is very soon to tell for sure, but i'm only hoping for more results as time goes on. i thought i would share with you all what has saved me, can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but at least for me, this truly is a miracle worker. it is a bit pricey, around 30 bucks, and you have to buy the cream on a regular basis afterwards, for like 15 bucks. but to me, that is worth it, especially comapred to spending 100 $ on a single professional microdermabrasion treatment. give it a try, the results are truly shocking.

[microdermabrasion treatment]

I have been really afraid to try the microdermabrasion, thinking it would aggravate my skin and cause more breakouts. Thanks for posting your experience with it, I may give it a try now.

djw

good to hear others are willing to give it a try, please keep us posted on your results. i'm excited to be starting it back up again tomorrow! :D

good to hear others are willing to give it a try, please keep us posted on your results. i'm excited to be starting it back up again tomorrow! :D

I've used it 3 times already. I am using this along with green cream, and in 3 days my blackheads are completely gone. Wow! Hope it keeps up, time to knock on wood. :doh:

i used the microdermabracion one, and also the 3 piece kit, from neutrogena:) it helped me a little heheh :)

alright you guys i just started microderm up again a couple days ago. near the end of the "week off" stage my skin was starting to go back to crazy, but after just 2 nights of this amazing product it's better. i'm so glad i don't have to take any more time off of it again. LOVE THIS THING!!! and i can't believe i'm not using any bp or anything else either, truly is amazing. i think it probably works better for people with persistent acne, that is itchy, which never really goes away...until you exfoliate with this thing. after that all is good. just thought i would put in an update. anyone else got updates/opinions?

I am thinking of purchasing this. I have heard great reviews. But mostly I have that " itchy persistent acne on cheeks" that doesn't heal, go away that good. I have senstive skin though, would this be to abrasive for me?..After the 5 days in a row, you then wait a week. Then use it regulary(like everyday, or do they mean a couple times a week?..)

Also, how much did it cost you?, where can I find it?

Sorry for all the questions..

sorry for the delay in response, i've been busy these past few days. well i'd give any treatment at least a month or two before really deciding how it works. that's why i'm not totally convinced that it is a real "cure" for me just yet, i have just been totally amazed at the quick results! in the directions it talks about if you have sensitive skin to use it every other day and then quit for a week, but i wouldn't worry about it, in my opinion it's not that abrasive. it's kinda like little granules being rubbed around on your skin. also there are 2 settings on the handheld device, one is more intense than the other. using it regularly they mean like 3 times per week or whatever you like. i bought mine at walmart for around 30 bucks with tax...you can pretty much find it anywhere i believe. i think it's atleast worth a shot, especially for people whose faces itch, it really does relieve it. lemme know if you have any other questions...hope i answered them all.

sorry for the delay in response, i've been busy these past few days. well i'd give any treatment at least a month or two before really deciding how it works. that's why i'm not totally convinced that it is a real "cure" for me just yet, i have just been totally amazed at the quick results! in the directions it talks about if you have sensitive skin to use it every other day and then quit for a week, but i wouldn't worry about it, in my opinion it's not that abrasive. it's kinda like little granules being rubbed around on your skin. also there are 2 settings on the handheld device, one is more intense than the other. using it regularly they mean like 3 times per week or whatever you like. i bought mine at walmart for around 30 bucks with tax...you can pretty much find it anywhere i believe. i think it's atleast worth a shot, especially for people whose faces itch, it really does relieve it. lemme know if you have any other questions...hope i answered them all.

CAUTION: if you are still breaking out (your acne is still not under control) DO NOT use this!!! since it will spread even more...............it was trial and error for me........i finally figuired this and those at home Glycolic peels spread more and irritate your skin...............I MUST SAY THOUGH: that when my acne was under control and i used it, it really was AMAZING....it left my skin dewy, reduced red marks and uneven skin tone...it really is worth buying if ur skin is acne free!

those are my 2 cents

xoxo

Maria

not sure if i agree with it 'spreading' your active acne even more. maybe that was the case for you, but my acne is still not gone completely, and i use this, it's actually helped to keep it under control. i'm thinking about starting to use it everyday, since i got lazy a few days and my skin got back to crazy. has anyone tried using the microderm. on a daily basis?

How is everyone doing with this? I just bought it and used it for the first time. I've used epidermx before but this was only used by using my fingers to rub it in so I don't think it worked as well. This electronic buffer that is included is pretty awesome. It feels like it's too soft to work but after a couple of minutes you can begin to feel the "abrasion" happening. Hopefully, this thing will work will. My skin feels great afterwards at least.