Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Is Everyday Mineral make-up that good?

I seen a lot of people like it here, and I'm about to get some.

I heard that mineral makeup isn't that good to cover redmarks, but

I just need it to make my red spots look faded...

So does it look natural? I don't want people to tell I'm waring make-up

(i'm a guy)

I seen a lot of people like it here, and I'm about to get some.

I heard that mineral makeup isn't that good to cover redmarks, but

I just need it to make my red spots look faded...

So does it look natural? I don't want people to tell I'm waring make-up

(i'm a guy)

When I read this thread tonight (see below) I found a couple of the messages looked like they were from guys. Granted I'm a gal - but I just ordered a free sample kit from EM tonight myself. Hoping it works. The only thing you pay for is shipping. Not much to lose. You could email the EM people if you're unsure of what colors to order, or if you want them to explain how to apply it from a guy's perspective.

Here's the thread I read:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=96662

and here is the EM web site:

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

Let us know how you do. :)

Some mineral makeup can be shiny so as long as EM is not you should be ok. I definatly think minerals are the way to go for you.

I think a really important thing is to make sure you match your skin tone-- then yes, it will look natural if you apply it lightly. A little goes a LONG way with EM!

I messed up and ordered the wrong foundations and had to return them. I figured the skin tones/foundations just went from lightest to darkest on the page. No, they don't. It goes back and forth between pink and yellow tones. So just make sure you are more thorough than me and read the descriptions carefully. :doh:

:)

For the concealer, I sort of jab/tap it into/onto any bad spots (like pointilism if you know georges seurat's artwork :razz: when my concealer is still fairly damp on my face. This helps it to stick to the spot. Then when my face is completely dry/moisturizer absorbed, I LIGHTLY buff the tiniest amount of the foundation in. I tend to apply foundation to one section at a time-- left cheek/jaw, right cheek/jaw, forehead, then T-zone. As a guy, you probably would only apply foundation very lightly to the area you want to cover, not your whole face. Just enough to blend in the concealer.

ps...if you use too much concealer it will look cakey. Just gently tap tap tap it on the blemish until it looks covered...don't put a glob on the first try...you want to only use what you need, any more and you will see a little make-up mountain. good luck!