Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slim_Cobra

Total Cure For Blackheads

bashing it cause i really doubt its non-comedogenic. i mean some ppl probably just break out from eating the sugar in honey, now they're putting it on their face... :confused:

Throughout the centuries, legendary beauties have used honey as part of their skin and hair care treatments. Cleopatra was famous for her milk and honey baths, and Poppea, wife of Roman Emperor Nero, used a honey and milk lotion on her face to keep her looking youthful. By the time cosmetics were beginning to be mass produced in the late 1800s, honey was a popular ingredient. Today, manufacturers are increasingly using honey in skin moisturizers, facial masks, hair conditioners and shower gels in response to consumer demand for more natural formulations.

All-natural honey is an effective treatment for minor abrasions and burns. A recent review of medical research documents its effectiveness as an antimicrobial agent.

The skin’s ability to stay hydrated is an important factor in its ability to maintain softness, suppleness and elasticity. As skin ages, or as it is exposed to environmental stresses and chemical agents, it loses this ability to retain water, becomes dry and appears wrinkled. Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains water. So honey is a natural fit for a variety of moisturizing products including cleansers, creams, shampoos and conditioners. Because honey is also an anti-irritant, it is suitable for sensitive skin and baby care products.

Research is currently underway to develop a process using honey to create alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). AHAs are an important ingredient in many skin creams and moisturizers because they help exfoliate the skin. Increased exfoliation, or renewal of the skin cells, gives skin a younger, more vibrant look. Exfoliation can also cause skin irritation so honey’s natural moisturizing ability makes it a perfect fit for AHA products.

Preliminary studies have also revealed that honey has significant natural antioxidant properties. Antioxidants play a role in protecting the skin from the damage of UV rays and in aiding in skin rejuvenation. Prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV radiation can cause skin damage, premature aging and even skin cancer. Because chemical and physical barrier sunscreens can cause skin irritation, companies are researching the use of antioxidants, anti-irritants and moisturizers in their sun care products. The natural properties of honey make it ideal for these products. Look for honey to appear in the ingredient statements of more and more cosmetics, sunscreens and skin care products.

haha summary: honey is good. milk has natural AHA. and come on, oatmeal is in sooo many face stuff.

You Boil The Milk On The Stove Dont Microwave, And For the Person Whose Is Laughing And Not Acultly Trying Dont Judge If You Havent Even tried It Its Better Than Buying Something That Has Been Tested On Animals Or You Just Picked It Off The Shelf Without Knowing Whats In It

what is this food on my face? i'm so sorry, i will pass this time.

go ahead, but next time save your worthless posts moron

Actually idk if this works for everyone but a great cures for blackheads that are on the nose are soda and salt scrubs. I wouldnt recomend this on any other parts of face because the skin is too sensitive there.

Okay, sounds interesting... Say all the blackheads go... which with alot of messing around, exfoliating and cleaning and stuff, they eventually go, but then you have holes where the blackheads were... which gets a shiney glow going on after 2 hours or so, then after you've had a sleep, you have blackheads in the ditches in your face.

So, what i wanna know is... how do u stop them filling up again, i tried using astringent which tightens the skin and closes the pores, that didnt work... the holes just fill up before they get a chance to heal?!

help

actually maybe it did.... i have these 2 noticeable blackheads on my nose. after i did that 1 wasnt so noticeable...i just noticed that.

i tried it haha desperate for anything to rid me of my blackheads . it made about 30% of them go away :D .. wuldnt do it again tho , other methods work better thats all.

Weird way... lol

Umm i might try it... ive had enough of these mofo's on my nose!

This is the hard and sticky way i guess... hueha

I actually got around to trying this... I used a coffee grinder and grinder up about a cup of oatmeal, about 1/2 of warm milk and a tblspoon of honey..

This mask actually exfoliates really really well. I was suprised.

if this is such a good mask for getting blackheads out then wouldnt you think one of the company's like clearasil or something would of taken this idea and ran with it just makes you think if this is really healthy for your skin. ya it might get blackheads out but it may not be good for your face. idk i am not trying to badger this idea or anything i am just saying my opinion.

It's a bit like trying to get toothpaste out of the end without squeezing the tube, you don't get much out do you, now squeeze it and see what happens!

Well I Think All Thoses On The Market Products Dont Take The Time To Reasearch Into Anything Natural If You Have Noticed. Also They Would Probably Put Something Thats Quick And Easy, Plus Oatmeal Wouldnt Work Out When Cold And Would Be Fresh When On Shelves For A Long time Unless They Put Some Preservitive Which They Usually Do. Its Also Something That Would Cost Them Alot Of Money Purchsing the Oatmeal And Everything, Dont Think They Care About Acne They Care About Buisness That s Just The Way It Goes, All There Commercials Have People With Really Clear Skin And Thas Just Not Daily Life For People Like Us On This Site.

I've heard about a similar mask using yogurt instead of milk and adding an egg yolk. Oatmeal is a known anti-inflammatory. Honey is a humectant. Dairy products contain lactic acid. And egg yolks (should you choose to add it) are high in vitamin a. So it sounds to me like a gentle exfoliating/detoxifying/hydrating mask. The difference between a mask you make in your kitchen and one you would buy is that there are no added preservatives which often aggrivate skin.

I actually got around to trying this... I used a coffee grinder and grinder up about a cup of oatmeal, about 1/2 of warm milk and a tblspoon of honey..

This mask actually exfoliates really really well. I was suprised.

but did it get rid of the blackheads?

Also how many times per week is this mask necessary to keep blackheads away?

if this is such a good mask for getting blackheads out then wouldnt you think one of the company's like clearasil or something would of taken this idea and ran with it just makes you think if this is really healthy for your skin. ya it might get blackheads out but it may not be good for your face. idk i am not trying to badger this idea or anything i am just saying my opinion.

Because these are natural ingredients that you could easily get and make at home. They would have to add preservatives to keep milk, oatmeal and honey fresh. Come on it's common sense :clap: