Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnbv

Help out a guy with make up issues. Thanks!

I am currently on the acne.org regimen, and am using only a conceler that dosent match my skin very well, but it is all I got and it helps some what. My greatest fear with make up is for anyone to notice it. (I'm a guy) But I have come to have a dependence on it in the morning. Every day I have used it since school (sept. 02) started. So now I am looking for a better way to do this. Again, my greatest fear is having anyone notice that I am wearing it, so what would be ideal is something that can look normal as possible, coverage comes second. And another problem is that I am EXTREAMLY embarrised to buy on the spot, rather then make-up, I will never be able to do it. So I guess I should have it delivered to my door, but it has to be an unmarked box (so my brother dosent know) with my name on it, not my mom's. We should start on what I should get first though. Also as another factor is that it won't cause acne, and I don't need make-up all over (foundation right?) So from reading this forum, I would need a conceler and some kind of powder right?

Thanks!

Your problem is not about makeup at all.

It's about your self confidence!

Yes...I can help you about your concealer problem but I cannot help you overcome your embarrassment.

In order to avoid your fear, " my greatest fear is having anyone notice that I am wearing it, so what would be ideal is something that can look normal as possible", you have to use concealer that match your skin perfectly. There is no other way around that.

Concealer is basically pigment that can cover up your scare or imperfection on skin. The color wont change. If your concealer doesn't match your skin, no matter what you do, it won't match your skin. Simple as that.

You can check out this post for concealer that won't break you out

I use Becca concealer....it is very natural and has 38 colors to choose from but Becca might be a bit too expensive. You can find them in Nordstrom (several states) or Bergdorf Goodman(NYC).

This post will tell you how to apply concealer correctly.

Click here and read I'm too lazy to type them over and over again. Just create couple pages that might help you.

This thread is about cosmetic for men.

seriously.....YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PERFECT MATCH concealer....otherwise it will show during the day.

Guest june

mnbv, do you live near a co-op or whole foods store? if so buy concealer there...it's sitting out for anyone to look at and a more relaxed atmoshpere...i love dr.hauschkas...the best concealer is laura merier secert camouflage...only 6 colors to choose from and each as 2 different shades so you can blend the concealer to your skin tone...i use sc-5, fair skin would be sc-1 or 2. buy the concealer brush to apply and blend it onto the top of your hand to warm it up(easier to apply). i if was a guy i'd wear toned day cream from dr.hauschkas(tinted lotion, VERY light) blends your whole face so when you do put on concealer the whole face looks blended(one tone) rather than two toned...always apply loose powder with a GOOD powder brush...makes a big differance. laura mercier is expensive(nordstroms, nieman marcus, shepora.com, some saks fifth ave) but last a long time. cost is about $38.

i think dr.hauschkas is the best route for you (toned day cream, stick concealer and loose powder). it's a wonderful line:) go on line and look them up:)

I can't find dr.hauschkas's site. Where can I look at his stuff on the net? Also, how will using the tinited cream effect the regimen? I use a AHA moisturiser, do I put the tinted day cream over it? I could eather ask my mom to get me these things or I could order them online. I won't be with her when she gets it (of cource) so how could I find my perfect skin color match?

So I use the day cream to set a base(won't this make acne stand out?), then use a same color conceler, and finish with "loose(?)" powder. And I need a good powder brush, would'ent that come with the powder it self? Again, I am concered it will effect the regimen... Thanks for the help.

how will using the tinited cream effect the regimen? I use a AHA moisturiser, do I put the tinted day cream over it?

Guest june

did you find the dr. h site? you can also can order the toned day cream and loose powder on shepora.com...i use the regime and no the toned day cream will not make your acne stand out...it will take out the reddness and make your skin look more one tone(very naturally) rather than varies colors...the toned day cream is a one size fits all...any skin color can wear it:) since the toned day cream is not a base find a concealer that matches your naked skin tone...like i said lauria mercier...comes with two shades so you can blend to match your skin...mix your aha lotion with the toned day cream(i use mine with dr. h's normalizing day oil)...if your acne is not too bad, but annoying to you, use the dr.h stick concealer(3 colors to choose from). i have never trusted a product brand so much...dr.h is beautiful:) loose powder because a pressed powder will make you skin look more cakey...and buy the translucent powder, do not try to match your skin tone! spartys brush list is great(varies prices, qualitiy) i have the laura mercier buffying bronzer brush around $50, but its worth it(wash out your brush with a mild soap, like ivory at least once a month)

-about buying online...toned day cream, loose translucent powder and a powder brush...same as if buying at a store

-concealer is hard, but since laura mercier has only 6 shades and dr. h has 3...you could take your chance, but sparty is right...it's best to go out and but these yourself. concealer buying is really hard:( if you think the shade is not right for you, just wait and let it sink in...if the color does not fade into your skin...wrong tone...took me a long time to finally find the right one.

concealer is about matching your skin tone...not the foudation you use unless you pile on the make-up which you don't want to anyways.

-mix aha with toned day cream or your choice of foudation...wait a couple mins

-if this is not enough cover for you...brush/dab on your choice of concealer

-wait a min... dust loose translucent powder with a good brush

i think that if you try the toned day cream only with loose powder you will feel better about your skin... for men it is the least make-up look, takes down reddness, blends your skin tone...i hope some of this is helping and not too confussing:)

toned day cream, loose translucent powder and a powder brush...same as if buying at a store

If you live in the US....you can get most of your Dr.hauschkas from the website that Oursfan post for you or go to http://www.sephora.com Search for the word "dr. hauschkas", you will find this brand there.

Paula's Choice brush is cheap and extremely good. You can order through her website. I got mine within 3 days.

I can't answer what powder should you use. I use Make up forever, MAC and Laure Mercier. You can find these three brand in most major department store in the US.

Guest june

toned day cream has a very faint smell( it's nice:) whatever brand of powder your choose buy a loose translucent one...the reason sparty and i have listed the ones we like is because if loose powder in not finely milled...it tends to get cakey/clumpy...i really love dr.hasuchkas...i use to use larura mercier, but dr.h is cheaper and better... if you use the toned day cream, wait a couples mins and than set with powder. also dr. h's bronze concentrate mixed with toned day cream gives you more coverage...if you can go to a natural food store or whole foods store, get samples...it's free or($2-$4) each. all the products are highly comcentrated so a sample should last you almost a week...call them up and see if they carry this brand...

Guest june

forgot about shipping... next day, 2-3 days or 5 days(all business days)...i hope that you will try to find samples first...saves money and headaches:)

I want to buy these things now, but I decided that I want to buy it from the internet. I don't want to deal with my mom with these things. Here is a list of what I want to get:

-toned day cream

-paula's brush

-translucent loose powder, finely milled

-possibly stick concealer

So do I have to order all three of these from seperate sites? I have a few more questions that is still on my mind: My skin needs AHA, so I want to be sure that I can mix the toned day cream without a problem. or should I put the aha on before the day cream? I still don't know what powder to get, is there a good, natural looking one I can get online? Also, because the stick conceler for dr.hasuchkas is in only three shades I was thinking I should try that if I am buying all this other stuff. I would say I am around one shade under medium, but not that pale. I never found out how much dr.hasuchkas's stuff costs also.

My main concern is what site to order these products from. Thanks.

Guest june

it's hard to find where to buy their make-up on line, but i found one for you:) go to AromaEssentials.com...click on dr.hauschkas...everything except paulas brush is on this site...

cost: of dr.h

-cover stick...$12.50 buy the light-med cover stick

-loose translucent powder...$25.50

-toned day cream...#25.50

i put on toned day cream after i put on dr. h noramlizing day oil, but try both ways...i think that if you put AHA on first...wait and than the toned day cream... you will get a better coverage without mixing...but yes you can mix this with any lotion or foudation, concealer etc...try both and find out which way you like the most...

one other note...toned day cream will look a little shiney...may feel greasy, but give it a couple mins to sink in and than powder your face

another note...if you buy at least $50 worth of products your shipping is free...standard ups delivery...about 5 days

one more...powder problem...LOOSE TRANSLUCENT POWDER...of any kind you want...we have just given you a couple that is the best we have used...ie...laura mercier, dr.h etc...

make-up hint...whatever concealer you buy...squeeze a little toned had cream on the back of your hand...take your concealer(squeeze or take a q-tip, break it in half and scrap some off)and put the same amount and mix...makes the concealer softer on your face since concealer is a spot treatment and not an all over foudation...blend, blend, blend! blending in the world of make-up is extremely important.

other than buying the products for you and flying over to see you for a make-up lesson...i don't think i can say any more:)

I saw this stuff on there called "Translucent make up"- Designed to even out the complexion and enhance the skin's natural glow. This light formula helps maintain moisture. Goes on smooth and stays put through the day. Would this be a better option then the toned day cream? I want to get fairly good coverge, without a make up look. I think anything will make a big diffrence though. Man, that powder is expensive... 16(also shipping) for a brush, 25.50 for the powder, 41.50. #-o toned day cream-22.50, cover stick-12.50, $76! It is still worth it if it works though. For the concealer there seems to only be 2 options, puntco 1 and puntco 2. I guess I would be puntco one. Will the powder help the shinyness ofthe toned day cream? and what do you think of the other translucent make up? It has three choices for colors... I don't know about that... :-k Now I want the normalizing day oil and the bronze concentrate! haha. I hope the powder is enough to keep my skin from looking shiny. I think I will talk to my mom to buy them tonight. (getting a credit card)

make that $81, $5 shipping on the brush. #-o I looked at my face, and I have alot of faiding red spots(I'll us the stick concealer), not too much actve acne, but the main thing is redness. Once I go on accutane, my face will get red I am fairly sure, so will the day cream conteract it?

Guest june

yes, the toned day will help with the reddness even with accutane...the traslucent make-up is a fuller coverage make-up, but if you want more coverage use it...it is a foudation though and as you are a guy i think the toned day cream is better all around...don't use the powder puff(germs and you will waste more) make sure you put powder on your brush and lightly blow access powder off before you powder your face...powder will really help to combat any kind of slick look...with or without make-up.

you are most likely punto 1 which is for light to med skin tones

the reason dr.h has only three choices of translucent make-up is because they will blend in with any skin tone(like the toned day cream, but the make-up has mineral pigments so a higher concentration of color).

i love the oil! love it! took me a couple trys to get used to putting oil on my face, but i love it now! bronze concentrate is also wonderful:)

dr.h is not a magic...they promote helping to heal your skin and get it back on track...i was totally not into this at all...but i've been using their products for 7 months soild and along with the bp my skin looks friggin fantastic:)

it is sorta expensive and your young...i hope you will give it some time if you buy it and i hope you love it:) remember...

products don't make us...ok:)

Well, I am exited. I am going to ask my mom tonight to order. $81 is alot, but I am only paying $5 in shiping so its all good. I hope this stuff works for me. Thanks for all your help june and Sparty.

mnbv....

You don't need expensive blush.....why pay $23 blush ????

I think it is essential to get great moisturizer and great foundation stuff...(foundation+concealer+powder)....but blush???? at $23???

#-o don't you think it's a bit much?

Guest june

i think he meant "brush" not "blush"...

mnbv keep us up to date! and ask questions if you have a problems...good luck! remember to give it some time as all new products need some time to get used to! (mostly foudations and concealer)

Okay, I just wanted to say that you have no reason to be embarrassed. Makeup is for everyone, men should stop being sissys about it. If anyone asks you, say you are fighting for equality among the sexes, lol.

Now, the best makeup I have ever found in terms of color matching is Dermablend. What you need to do is order a sample from the skinstore.com, and try each of them or mixtures on your face. Remember to check yourself in daylight! Many makeups look natural in warm artificial light but are SUPER obvious in the cold light of day.

Also, don't apply your wet makeup with a brush. It will leave brush lines on your face. For powder it's fine.

This is taking a long time. Well, not to bad. I got the brush on monday, which was surprising (5-6 days, they said 7-14 days) But I am still waiting on the important stuff. (loose powder, day cream, concealer) I dont think I will be using the concealer much, unless it works/looks amazing. Kinda anxious. I hope it looks normal.