Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Rebecca*

Apple Cider Vinegar

Hey, would ACV get rid of this purple area on my cheek? It was originally just a slightly pink area, and I tried putting aloe vera gel on it daily for a month or so thinking the redness will go away. But all it did was making things a whole lot worse, and now this is what I ended up with.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6089/012snz.jpg

^ Would ACV get rid of that and return my skin color back to normal, or should I try another treatment?

Also, although the picture is blurry you might be able to see how many blackheads are in that area as well. The stupid aloe vera gel caused them to appear, before I started using aloe vera I had no blackheads at all. Can ACV get rid of blackheads?

try this mask realy good

even the comments say its really good

Hey, would ACV get rid of this purple area on my cheek? It was originally just a slightly pink area, and I tried putting aloe vera gel on it daily for a month or so thinking the redness will go away. But all it did was making things a whole lot worse, and now this is what I ended up with.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6089/012snz.jpg

^ Would ACV get rid of that and return my skin color back to normal, or should I try another treatment?

Also, although the picture is blurry you might be able to see how many blackheads are in that area as well. The stupid aloe vera gel caused them to appear, before I started using aloe vera I had no blackheads at all. Can ACV get rid of blackheads?

shadow, i get those weird purple spots too; they take a while to fade, but i've found applying freshly squeezed lemon juice to the spot really speeds up the process. good luck

ACV makes my skin so smooth its not even funny, in a good way ofcourse but i wouldn't say this really helps with my current acne but its still good and for the taste i could probably drink the whole thing in a day love the taste, good for giving me energy.

I've been using ACV for 2 nights when I go to bed. The smell is hard to handle. Is there anything that can be done for the smell? Also how long did it take for you to see results?

I use ACV, the cheap stuff from the grocery store, I've been using it for several months. I use it diluted to take off my makeup in the afternoon, and I let it sit for a half an hour or so before I shower.

My red marks are fading, but I really can't say whether it's because of the ACV or not.

Question! Must I leave the AVC mixture on for only 15-30 minutes and then wash it off?

Or is it safe to leave it on overnight or if I apply it in the morning throughout the whole day?

Just wondering.

Question! Must I leave the AVC mixture on for only 15-30 minutes and then wash it off?

Or is it safe to leave it on overnight or if I apply it in the morning throughout the whole day?

Just wondering.

leave it on, no need to wash it off. most ppl do it at night since the smell is quite repulsive D:

Just wondering.

leave it on, no need to wash it off. most ppl do it at night since the smell is quite repulsive D:

What about during the day? Does the smell go away? I don't want my GF to find it a turn off when she is near me....

Thanks. Also, is it okay if I put my acne medicine on top? Or should I wash it off if I'm planning on still using my topical creams?

Thanks!

What about during the day? Does the smell go away? I don't want my GF to find it a turn off when she is near me....

yeah, you can do it during the day, mid day, morning, night, etc. whenever you want. yeah, the smell goes away, give it like 10 mins and itll go away. its just more convenient to do it at night since you're going to sleep anyways.

Thanks. Also, is it okay if I put my acne medicine on top? Or should I wash it off if I'm planning on still using my topical creams?

Thanks!

yeah. its ok. a lot of people like to use acv as a toner, so yeah.

I've been using the ACV toner for about a week and it's caused me get flare ups; a ot of red acne bumps. I usually ALWAYS get cysts, but now I'm only getting these inflamed red bumps.

So is this a part of purging or not? Should I stick with it for about a month to see if it finally starts to get better?

Thanks! :)

I started to use ACV yesterday, and today I notice quite a few clogged pores/beginning acne! :confused: IS this normal?? Should I continue using it?

(I use Heinz, not diluted)

I started to use ACV yesterday, and today I notice quite a few clogged pores/beginning acne! :confused: IS this normal?? Should I continue using it?

what brand are you guys using?

what brand are you guys using?

:)

hey, let me just say thank you for this idea, it has worked great so far for me! :dance: but i was wondering if its ok to apply extra virgin olive oil about 10 mins after applying the ACV toner? thanks!

I am starting ACV tonight in an attempt to reduce my red marks. I will take pictures of my progress and post back if i get any decent results.

I am noticing a lot of varying results posted on here, and have an observation some of you might find to be valuable. I am a nutritionist and am fairly well-versed on the subject of ACV. Aside from the fact that we are all biochemically unique, I think there may be an explanation for many of the negative/neutral reactions you may be experiencing.

Distilled ACV (heinz, etc) is a completely different substance from natural, raw ACV (Bragg). The distillation process destroys the beneficial enzymes and rich nutrient content of the vinegar, including potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulphur, iron, copper, and trace minerals. Also destroyed are natural malic and tartaric acids which are antibacterial, astringent, and, as I understand it, are the active ingredients in reducing the appearance of red marks (AHA). The minerals and enzymes may very well play a role in improving skin tone and quality also.

So, if you are looking to try ACV as a skin therapy, I highly recommend seeking out a raw, natural brand. Bragg is probably the largest producer of natural cider vinegar and can be found at any health food store, and online. If you aren't sure how to tell if it's raw, look at the consistency of the liquid. If it is very clear and uniform, it is probably distilled. Raw vinegar is cloudy and still has the "mother", a stringy mass of enzyme protein chains, this is the good stuff. It should be refrigerated after opening and used to make your toner in small amounts to maintain maxium potency.

I hope this helps some of you, I'll ost back soon with my results :)

This may be a ridiculous question, but does anyone know the PH of benzoyl peroxide?

every product is going to have a different pH, as benzoyl peroxide only makes up 2.5-10% of the gel. most products will probably be "pH balanced", which means in the 5-6 range, but it will vary from product to product. Your best bet is to buy some litmus paper (preferably 5.0-9 range)and test your own products if you are really curious

Edited by Mylia

dilute it! please tell me you aren't using pure vinegar. to start out you should probably be using about 1/4 vinegar diluted into water. just like the regimen, you can slowly ramp up how much vinegar is in your solution.

in my experience, it didn't matter when kind of vinegar i used. when i first started i would buy "name brands" but after a while, i started buying store brand.

Alright, well for me ORGANIC apple cider vinegar is doing wonders for my nose acne (however small they are). I use to apply Heinz but realized that's filtered and crud, so switching to organic is (positively) different than the filtered stuff. Already my nose is dry and so are the little pimples. I can't wait to try it again tonight when I get home :)

Edited by Axxith