Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eddstaa

What Do you think about

I'm thinking on going to my derm and asking him to perscribe me to Diffrin, Has anyone tried it before?

I'm thinking on going to my derm and asking him to perscribe me to Diffrin, Has anyone tried it before?

Let him tell you what you should take. I haven't heard anything spectacular from differin, actually it's more or less medicore in most people's standards. In any case asking your derm isn't anything unheard of, but i'd seriously consider listening to what he/she has to say first, then if he prescribes something absurd then object. Otherwise if he gives you something more powerful and or better than differin ( which is pretty much anything considering differin isn't hardcore or anything) then i'd take whatever else he gave you.

I pretty much say this because he'll know what to look for, certain topicals are better for certain things.

Let him tell you what you should take. I haven't heard anything spectacular from differin, actually it's more or less medicore in most people's standards. In any case asking your derm isn't anything unheard of, but i'd seriously consider listening to what he/she has to say first, then if he prescribes something absurd then object. Otherwise if he gives you something more powerful and or better than differin ( which is pretty much anything considering differin isn't hardcore or anything) then i'd take whatever else he gave you.

I pretty much say this because he'll know what to look for, certain topicals are better for certain things.

Agreed

Retin A>Differin

Differin is clinically effective (some argue more effective than other retinoids) and it has the added advantage of being much less irritating. It's an excellent choice for a first retinoid. If after six months or so response to it is incomplete then move up to a stronger retinoid. People who start with a strong one tend to wind up red peely messes and they give up before the retinoid has time to do it's thing.