Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LMG

Keeping face oil free while in school... ?

Right now I am in highschool and I have P.E ( physical education ) in the morning. After p.e i am very sweaty and my face is red and oily also. Right now im on retin a micro + duac + minocyclin. I don't put on duac in the morning before going to school in fear that the sun might burn my face because of the benzoyl peroxide. So my question is this, do any of you carry like little wet napkins or portable face washes that you can just wipe your face clean. Any help would be appeciated.

there are many types of "napkins" you can use to remove the oil during the day though i havent used any before, maybe you should ask the pharmacist about it or something. what i do is just go into the water and splash my face with water and gently pat dry but im sure you could get some oxy pads or whatever people use that remove oil

Right now im on retin a micro + duac + minocyclin.  I don't put on duac in the morning before going to school in fear that the sun might burn my face because of the benzoyl peroxide. 

1) Wait.....how could you have BP and Retin-A at the same time? :-k

2) I hope you use BP in the morning and Retin-A at night ...and NEVER have those two together AT THE SAME TIME. BP negate the effect of Retin-A, therefore you cannot use them together.

3) You are on acne medication....YOU NEED TO USE SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY NO MATTER WHAT. or at least moisturizer with sunscreen. Don't you know that you are more susceptible to UV ray than normal.

So my question is this,  do any of you carry like little wet napkins or portable face washes that you can just wipe your face clean.  Any help would  be appeciated.

Since you have PE class and after p.e i am very sweaty and my face is red and oily also........errr why don't you just wash your face? Nothing worse than having oily and sweaty face all day. Just rinse your face with warm water then follow with cold water. You can use those portable wash cloths as well (oil of olay, dove, nivea....you can find them in drugstore).

I know that people say you should wash your face 2 times a day. But hey...having greasy face all day sucks. Listen to your face...if it becomes too dry...just wash your face with water alone no soap no cleanser, ok.

No, I don't use benzoyl peroxide and retin a at the same time. What I meant by micro + duac + minocyclin was to show people what meds im on. I know not to use retin a and benzoyl at the same time. I do use duac after school until 9 o clock when I wash my face and apply retin.

arent u supposed to use the duac twice a day? once in the morning before school and after school then apply your night cream (retin-a) before bed