Notifications
Clear all

Honey + Milk Mask

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/02/2006 12:43 pm

Nothing ever works for my other than physically extracting blackheads.. usually I steam or use a baking soda scrub before extracting to make the blackheads easier to extract.

I was doing a honey and milk mask for my face in general, not for my blackheads. But after washing this off, the blackheads on my nose that looked pretty innocuous before seemed like they were all coming out. I couldn't believe it! SOO many blackheads- even the ones that are really deep or really really big- they just slipped right out.

I don't know why it worked so well... I'm guessing it's because milk has lactic acid (an AHA) and honey has natural extraction properties (or so I have heard). Anyways, just wanted to let you all know. I iced down my nose to close the pores right after.

I don't know if you should try this if you have active pimples cuz I didn't have any at the time.

MemberMember
(@dry_ice)

Posted : 08/02/2006 9:17 pm

I was doing a honey and milk mask for my face in general, not for my blackheads. But after washing this off, the blackheads on my nose that looked pretty innocuous before seemed like they were all coming out. I couldn't believe it! SOO many blackheads- even the ones that are really deep or really really big- they just slipped right out.

Could you give a little more detail on how to prepare and apply the mask?

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/02/2006 11:47 pm

Yeah sure, sorry I didn't include it before.

Just mix equal parts milk and honey. I used whole milk, but I don't know if it makes a difference. Massage it into your face (for a mask) or your nose really really well, in circular motions. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water, and then look in the mirror at all those blackheads just ready to come out!

MemberMember
(@jr86)

Posted : 08/02/2006 11:52 pm

how do you extract the blackheads, or do they come out on their own?

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/03/2006 12:06 am

well after using this, my blackheads surfaced and seemed to be very ready to come out. they just need a little pressure (fingers or blackhead extractor) to fully pop out.

MemberMember
(@seekingpeace)

Posted : 08/03/2006 11:19 am

well after using this, my blackheads surfaced and seemed to be very ready to come out. they just need a little pressure (fingers or blackhead extractor) to fully pop out.

it sounds like your blackheads weren't very deep. but im trying the mask right now.

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/03/2006 8:56 pm

how did it work out for you?

MemberMember
(@seekingpeace)

Posted : 08/04/2006 11:21 am

how did it work out for you?

it didn't.

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/05/2006 4:34 pm

aw man, that sucks. i'm sorry!

MemberMember
(@peppers)

Posted : 08/07/2006 12:01 pm

worked for me, I also used oatmeal though :D

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/07/2006 5:03 pm

sweet! i'm glad :-)

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/15/2013 3:21 pm

Hey could u use the honey mask for acne marks?