Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
introvert

POST ALL ACNE CURE QUESTIONS/ANSWERS HERE

I think you're on to something with the GA... I was doing great on the Acne Cure and tolerating all the products really well. Then I got the bright idea to use more GA and leave it on a little longer. WHY? I have no idea. :-k But I did it for a few days and now I have a new breakout. It wasn't until I read introvert's post about introducing the products slowly that it hit me...I will be reducing the amount and time that I use the GA... Thanks introvert!

i am in my sixth week and doing well. i am still breaking out but they go away faster and don't get as big. i still watch my diet as well...low sugar, low carb, and high veggies. i am trying to see what happens if i switch the order of the glycolic and the bha. the doc stated it wrong in his book. the bha is fat soluble and therefore cuts through the oil and cleans out the pore while the aha is a surface exfoliant. seems to be working when i switch them also.

i also wanted to say that u want to be careful not to over do it cause there are so many chemicals in this regime. also be careful not to overdry.

i am using zapzyt pore treatment gel with 2%sa

and alpha hydrox oil free formula with 10%

and paula's choice 2.5%bp

i use napca moisture mist from twinlab and dnovo gel by isocare to m oisturize.

i have said this before but i find it so interesting that my face which is normally overly sensitive is doing fine on this cure.

I started with Dan's regimen and when I was clear switched to the acne cure. I use the same products AFI does. I put my ice in a damp wash cloth and when the icing is over I add alot more bp ala DAN. I use Eucerin with aha moisturizer. I have not had any real problem. I tried the baggie thing but it was way too cold! I think that may irritate the skin. Also the tape should not cause you a problem unless you have an allergy to it.

Since the Acne Cure didn't work after about two weeks, I got impatient and decided to try something different.

Reading about the mixed results of the Glycolic Acid (second step in the Acne Cure regimen), I decided to skip it yesterday and applied benzoyl peroxide instead to see what would happen if I didn't apply GA. This was the morning wash, mind you, so first I washed my face using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (2% SA), then applied benzoyl peroxide to a dry face and finally applied oil-free moisturizer over that.

Later in the day I had about three new whiteheads that had formed.

I was extremely dissappointed and at a loss as to what was causing all this new acne.

Because of this, I'm going to try and go without benzoyl peroxide tonight. I just got out of the shower and washed my face with the Oil Free Acne Wash and will leave it alone overnight.

What I'm thinking here is that maybe the combination of both the SA and the BP is irritating my face thus causing the breakouts and the GA had absolutely nothing to do with it after all. In fact, last night I was reading that GA isn't supposed to destroy acne at all, it's simply supposed to just bring it to the surface and the BP does all the work in ridding your face of it.

I'll post my results tomorrow sometime.

Since the Acne Cure didn't work after about two weeks, I got impatient and decided to try something different.

Reading about the mixed results of the Glycolic Acid (second step in the Acne Cure regimen), I decided to skip it yesterday and applied benzoyl peroxide instead to see what would happen if I didn't apply GA.  This was the morning wash, mind you, so first I washed my face using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (2% SA), then applied benzoyl peroxide to a dry face and finally applied oil-free moisturizer over that.

Later in the day I had about three new whiteheads that had formed.  

I was extremely dissappointed and at a loss as to what was causing all this new acne.

Komencanto,

I'm not sure I understand your statement:

"It is a very good idea to add the products in week my week, and if one is annoying your skin, you can notice it. First add the Glycolic acid, then the salicylic and then BP. However, if you break out during one week, that is hardly proof that a particular product caused it."

I've been breaking out EVERDAY since day one of the Acne Cure, but before then my acne was EXTREMELY mild. It seems like ever since I introduced all 3 products was when the severe acne started.

ok...well I'm in almost week 3 and I absolutely love the results. I can honestly say that my skin has not looked this good in FOREVER!!! every day I wake up it keeps getting better and better. really, people, if you have tried this and quit in just 2 weeks, you will regret it...i honestly think that it's all about the products you use. The first week for the GA I used Neutrogena healthy skin formula because someone else on this board loved it and it broke me out TERRIBLY...I thought I would die. But then I got Alpha Hydroxy oil free formula and went onto www.makeupalley.com to check out their opinions and it was like close to 100% that people who tried it would buy it again, and most of them claimed it was the holy grail to their acne AND scars, so I'm alsmost on week 2 using it and it really has been a godsend. I can hold a mirror to my face on a cloudy day outsid and see that my texture is outstanding and the blackheads on my nose have disappeared.

please, just try it.

I'm approaching week 3 of the Acne Cure, and so far, I haven't had great luck with it. However, I have made one change the past couple of days that seemed to help. Maybe it will help you too, Introvert.

I was following the instructions to the letter, but I always left the SA and GA on a little longer than a couple of minutes (say, 7 minutes or so). I thought longer was better, but now I'm beginning to think that too much exposure can cause irritation, so now I leave them on for no more than 2-3 minutes. I haven't gotten any severe breakouts since starting this (2 days ago), and I'll let you know how it goes.

Good Luck Everyone

Just wanted to make a record of who isn't having much luck with the Acne Cure after using it for at least the recommended amount of time:

Banned

AFI

Blahblahblah

For Banned and AFI, I noticed that the AHA product you're using is the same. Some ppl said here to beware of the ingredients of certain products sold at Walgreen's because they contain comodegenic ingredients. Just a thought, but maybe the AHA product might be one of these?

You two are also using the same BA and SA products. I'm using the same products also, and for the AHA I'm using 10% GA pads from dermskin.com

And Blahblahblah also stated that after removing the GA(AHA)from his regimen, his skin improved.

From other posts, I've found that Meeraboots and Botchla also cut the AHA out from their regimen because of continuous breakouts and their skin subsequently improved.

Just throwing this stuff out there for anyone to comment on.

hi i am in week 6 and doing real well. i still think it is worth a shot. i am still trying it while changing the order of the aha and bha and i think it is working well. has anyone else tried t his?

how long have you been switching the aha and the bha? i was reading up on what aha and bha actually do and i think you're right that they are described incorrectly by dr dubrow.....

but will switching the order they are applied really make much difference?

i know each person is different but have you noticed a significant change?

I researched the BHA/AHA thing too. I wonder if there was a reason he wanted the deep cleansing first? Surely, there's a reason! Maybe to move all the gunk to the surface first and then let the glycolic acid do its thing?

I am having pretty good luck with the Ance Cure...but have just started with more breakouts. I believe I am going to have to do another liver cleanse. YUCK. I did one once before (my acne is hormonal and stress related) and saw good results - but not great results. I was told it really takes 2 cleanses to really whip your liver in shape. So, I will be continuing with the cure and doing a liver cleanse. Wish me luck!

but the glycolic acid will never get inside the pores...only the sa will do that so i don't think it matters if we switch the order. i have been switching back and forth and it is working fine. i don't know if it is much better but it definitely isn't worse.

i was just lookin for updates. my acne is not 100% clear but pretty much. i am not always able to do the bp and ice thing which is i think why it is taking longer. but everything that is there is alot easier to cover up so i'm more relaxed.

I found that Aquaglycolic cream was not good for my face. Since switching to a gel, I'm doing better.

So far, I am not 100% clear, but the improvement is enough for me to continue the program. biggrin.gif

Almost 8 weeks on a modified acne cure. For the first few weeks it made me break out way worse and my skin struggled to adapt to the BP. The GA was just too drying and I gave it up, so I use BP and SA now. Currently my skin is pretty good, but not perfect and I'm not sure the acne cure will get me there.

I noticed alot of us are using this in the cure. Someone pointed out it may have some comedogenic ingredients in it. Should we stop using this? It is all I could find in 4 different places sad.gif

I want to make 2 important points:

1. All AHA is NOT Glycolic acid. Just because it is 10% AHA doesn't mean 10% Glycolic. Glycolic is harder to find and more expensive usually. I was using Neutrogena AHA at first because I had to order Glycolic off the Internet. When I got the 10% Glycolic it was MUCH harsher than any AHA I had used.

2. Glycolic is definitely the harshest part of the treatment. Do NOT leave this on for more than a few minutes. I say you should leave SA and Glycolic on no more than 2 or 3 minutes. When I first got Glycolic, I left it on for more like 7 minutes the first 2 days and my skin got burned. It was peeling as if I had been severely sunburned for about 4 days afterwards (I stopped using it during that time).

So be careful with Glycolic, and make sure you get real 10% Glycolic.

The acne cure has not been 100% for me but better than anything I've tried before (everything but accutane.) I'm in my 5th week, 3rd since using real Glycolic. Also I have skipped some applications so I'm not surprised that I'm not 100% clear. Basically it has taken me from getting a 1-3 new pimples every day to getting 2-5 every week so far. And the ones I get are small. I started this acne cure after getting my first ever cyst thanks to Differin.

Also, another big thing for me is to make sure to not apply anything to the area to the right and left of my nose or the creases of my nose. That area is sensitive and will stay red easier, and give me acne more when I DO put stuff on it.

I had been using the acne cure for abou 5 weeks but with no glycolic acid, and my face completely cleared up.

About 3 weeks ago, I added in glycolic acid, and I'm still getting some whiteheads and new pimples. Sometimes it's depressing, but I know that it's doing it's job, so don't worry if your breaking out even though your into the cure for a few weeks.

ye the glycolic acid spells TROUBLE

i was getting cysts (which i never used 2) and breaking out really bad.. not to mention my face was RED as an apple

once i stoppedthe GLYCOLIC.. it got better

no cysts and less breakout

i think the Sylicilic acid and the BP + the ice thing are REALLY good

carry on with those 2 steps and see what happens,

ye the glycolic acid spells TROUBLE

i was getting cysts (which i never used 2) and breaking out really bad.. not to mention my face was RED as an apple

once i stoppedthe GLYCOLIC.. it got better

no cysts and less breakout

i think the Sylicilic acid and the BP + the ice thing are REALLY good

carry on with those 2 steps and see what happens,

Hey everybody, got a question: I've been using the proactiv 3-step solution for the last few years with pretty good results, although never 100%. Not being completely satisfied, I started visiting this message forum to see if there were any alternatives. I read about the acne cure, with the three steps of SA 2%, GA, and then BP. Then I looked at my proactiv 3-step, which was the BP 2.5% acne wash, the GA toner, and the BP 2.5% repairing lotion.

So I switched out the BP 2.5% acne wash for their SA 2% Deep Cleansing Wash, and now I'm thinking it's basically the same as the acne cure. Am I missing something? Is there some part of the acne cure I'm not doing? I guess maybe the BP lotion could be different than just straight BP, and the GA toner isn't a gel, but I'm not sure if this is a big difference. I'm curious to know what others think. Thanks for all the info guys. This message board has been a big help!

I saw a post somewhere on this forum earlier, that said the wallgreens GA is bad, because it's comodogenic. I think if you look onthe ingredients, there's petroleum, or petrolatum, or something bad..

so stop using it, try a DIFFERENT GA, and then see if it works.

hi, currently i have a problem bugging me for months.

Whenever i smooth my fingers over the surface of the bump ( its still reddish in color ) its totally flat, but when i press the area where its red and inflame i can feel that something is beneath the area. Its like the pus is still underneath my skin. Why is this so? It has been there for months and it has yet to erupt. What shld i do to make it erupt or to get rid of the hidden pus beneath my skin?

Thanks.