Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

became reality yesterday. It was absolutely terrible. I was in media studies learning about advertising and there target audience. Then up came the target audience of teenagers. We were asked to talk about an advert which was aimed at teenagers and guess what advert they picked out of millions....Clearasil. sad.gif Then the teacher went into how the advert shows a teenager who has acne who is low on confidence and embarrased and wont get any girls etc all because of acne. I just sat there with my face down looking at my paper trying to think about something else but i could feel peoples eyese watching me. He then went onto discuss how clearasil then changes the acne suffer in the advert to someone who can attract girls and has confidence and is no more embarrased. This made the matter worse, knowing that none of that shit works and how people with clear skin think clearasil is the answer to acne.

Any of you guys had bad experiences like that?

Guest Crooked I

No - but thats harsh and don't let it bother you.

yea, somewhat. see, in 7th grade i was like the only one in my grade with really bad acne. i had back acne too. and in health class, we watched a film about steroids. and they were saying how steroids gives you bad acne. then some people were staring at me, wondering....i mean, i was big for my age back then, 5'7, maybe around 150 lbs, i had muscle. but anyways, i dont take steroids.

Damn I had a similar experience in my bio freshman year class when the professor started talking about the dermis and epidermis which involved acne. Luckily I got there late but when i picked up the handout, it described everything about acne and stuff, which he went over, and luckily i got there when it was about over and he moved on to another topic...

"you're gonna be the one that saves me.."

-Oasis

in spanish class we learned vocab and made snetences and all. on the bathroom items we learned, one sentence was wash your face. i swear every **** time she picked someone to say that sentence it was me and i never raised my hand!!! grrrr

Guest Crooked I

Aha, i thought of one!

A few months ago, when my acne was really bad, i was working part time in a shop. It was really busy this day and a kid just shouted (bloody kids - why can't they talk quietly) "look at that mans face mummy".

Cue 20+ pairs of eyes trained on my face. So funkin' embarrassing.

I swear! Don't ya'll ever talk back? Maybe that's why my high school teachers hated me and why my Profs in college avoided me. I'm a little too outspoken sometimes. But, I'm not going to let some jerk get off by trying to make me feel inferior, ugly, not good enough, etc. My favorite come back to this bitch I knew in high school was, "Do you always have to point out what's wrong with other people? Do you have low self-esteem? Maybe you should talk to someone about it." Some people do things like that because they feel insecure about themselves. They don't want people to notice what's wrong with them, so they are quick to find things wrong with other people...divert attention. Also, a good loud, "What the hell are YOU lookin at?!" goes a long way. As for the little kids, not much you can do there. But, the adults should know better. Don't be shy to let them know that you know that they should know better.

In that case, I like "I know your mama raised you better than that!"

my friends little brother once asked my why I had red spots on my face, in front of my friend. I replied "I don't know"

Yeah my psychology teacher was talking about drug affects and the first thing she mentioned was accutane. I tried to not look around but I felt like the whole class pictured me in their mind. I know no one probably did, but my heart was beating fast for a few moments.

It's funny to dig up these ancient posts.