Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cageo

How to diagnose my acne? Or what to use?

18, male, and have had acne since I was about 15 or so.

It really borders around a mild. It's not light, but not severe. When it's dark outside, and just lights on in a room, you can't really notice anything. But if I go out in the daytime, it's very clear to see. It's in the way if, you stroked your hand against my face, you wouldn't feel any outstanding pimples or anything. It's very smooth, but it's got light red papules that mess it up.

For about a year now, I've been using Pro-Activ, and I'm not even sure I've even had results. It hasn't gotten better, but it hasn't gotten worse either, so I basically keep using it as a medium, because mild is better than severe, or any other possible things that could happen. My routine goes: Shower, wash face in shower with Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, get out, wash face with plain water, use Pro-Activ renewing cleanser, let sit for 5 minutes, use revitalizing toner with cotton ball, sit for 5 mins, then repairing lotion. When I get out of the shower, my face is ungodly tight and dry, but it goes away after I use the Pro-Activ.

I don't get very bad peeling or dry skin, if I do, it's usually gone when I wake up in the morning.

Now, about every 2 weeks or so, I'll have a breakout. My face will get really nasty and almost scaley looking, and for about a week I'll wake up to something new on my face, a whitehead that I usually pop, treat with BP, and it fades after a while. Then I'll get one or two big honkers that like to stick around (usually around cheeks) for a week or two, then die down a bit.

But breakouts really aren't the problem, the problem is alot of old papules that never seem to fade. They aren't huge, but they're there. Sometimes they're faded, sometimes they're flared up as can be. If the papules were eliminated, I'd be feeling pretty good about myself.

Any tips?

I'm also looking to get off of Pro-Activ. I see alot about people just going cold turkey and letting their face heal naturally with only a few things.

I'd do this, but I'd have a problem. After a shower, or washing my face in the morning, my face is extremely dry, tight, and almost unmoveable. Is there a good moisturizer with no oils that would totally take that away?

I also sometimes use Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy on problem spots after the shower before I goto bed, and I'd probably keep using it if I got off of pro-activ. Only con is that it seems to stay completely moist and sticky even hours after applied. Is Eucerin good for red marks?

I'm also looking to get off of Pro-Activ. I see alot about people just going cold turkey and letting their face heal naturally with only a few things.

I'd do this, but I'd have a problem. After a shower, or washing my face in the morning, my face is extremely dry, tight, and almost unmoveable. Is there a good moisturizer with no oils that would totally take that away?

I also sometimes use Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy on problem spots after the shower before I goto bed, and I'd probably keep using it if I got off of pro-activ. Only con is that it seems to stay completely moist and sticky even hours after applied. Is Eucerin good for red marks?

i dunno bout pro active, never tried it, but a lot of ppl here think its useless..

a good cleanser that i have found is called exfoliac, its pretty good and doesnt dry the skin.

as far as mousturisers i dunno but im sure someone here will reply to that :)

And one more thing, every day when I wake up, I ALWAYS seem to have atleast 2-3 whiteheads somewhere, which I pop and put a little BP on. What should I do to get rid of these?

Well last night, I used the renewing mask and only dabs of the revitalizing toner (only so I could moisturize), and I didn't use any BP (which I usually cover my whole face in), and this morning my face looks fine, no usual daily whiteheads anywhere.

And this morning I washed my face with C+C Daily Pore Cleanser gel/cream, but it still leaves me a bit dry.

I'm gonna try to totally abandon Pro-Activ, I'm also thinking of going on the diluted apple cider vinegar method.

I just need to know what products would be a good transition method?

And about 70% of my acne is just red marks from previous ones. I basically need something good that dims/fades red marks. One of the reasons I'm also stopping using BP, is because I hear it slows down the red mark healing process, which is basically what I need gone, my red marks.

I've been off Pro-Activ for about 3 days now, only using a C+C cleanser at morning and night, and I've seen huge results. Red marks aren't as inflamed, no whiteheads or no new acne. So far it seems to be true that BP just flares your redmarks and keeps them from healing.

Im in a very similar situation. I get these tiny red little zits not even big enough to feel but they still do a fair amount of damage