Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forster

Back of the Head

I have a really nasty circular area on the back of my head that has broke out pretty bad and I feel like I can't do anything about it. I'm not even sure if it's acne. I think it's boils...since I picked a smaller one and it had a hair on it. I didn't even think it was that bad until I shortened my hair to prepare for my military class at school and I could really feel it and see it when I used two mirrors. It looks awful. And tonight I randomly felt the back of my head and I can feel a huge one. I didn't even do anything to is and it started bleeding, I'm positive that it's gotta be boils now because there was some pus.

This is so sick. I think I know what the problem is, I sleep in kind of a hot room and I wake up sweaty and the back of my head just sits in that sweat on my pillow until I wake up, but I shower every damn morning and I'm a clean person and I wash my hair...so I really don't get it. At first I made sure that I washed the pillow cases as often as possible, but that's not working so I don't know what to do. I'm going to go soak my head in a hot bath and wash it with anti-bacterial soap...that's the treatment I'm coming up with through searches...I got pissed and I have a high tolerance for pain so I drained the crap out of the big one...hope that's okay...

Also, it is very very very itchy, and I'm starting to find them elsewhere on my scalp also. :(

Its not anything external causing them. They sound like cysts forming deep under the skin. I suffered from them badly. It got to a point where I could not sleep due to pain. Only accutane has helped me get rid of them.

Its not anything external causing them. They sound like cysts forming deep under the skin. I suffered from them badly. It got to a point where I could not sleep due to pain. Only accutane has helped me get rid of them.

Yeah I agree with energizer. It's not your fault. It's not poor hygiene. There is a genetic component, a follicular component, and a sebaceous thing going on.

Try a tee tree oil shampoo if it is actually in your hair. Dermatologist's treatment will be fastest, of course.

I've been on accutane...twice before this started. My face still looks like a warzone although it is clearing up nicely after 3 days of the regimen, and I can't be on accutane because the Army won't allow it.