Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Republicangirl

accutane destroys your hair

I would rather have hairloss than to deal with acne! Accutane is a voluntary treatment! If a person is more concerned about their hair than their skin they shouldn't take accutane!

BTW- The title should say "Accutane CAN destroy your hair" OR "Accutane destroyed MY hair"

K

Current statistics state that about 10% of people with experience hair thinning. However, this should be TEMPORARY. Don't let the scaremongers put you off unnecessary - look at the facts and the availability statistics and make an informed choice on the whole picture.

I don't have to wash my hair every day. Sometimes I can go for three days without washing it, it's still dry and smells fine.

I have a terrible case of dandruff, maybe its not traditional dandruff because its not oil, its all the peeling skin from my scalp and I keep having flakes falling off my head that take 10 hairs with it. Though I dont seem to be shedding much more than usual from internal forces.

Energizer - has that been going on a long time? It's very common to have scalp peeling for a couple weeks but then it tends to stop. It helps if you moisturize your scalp with a light weight leave-in conditioner, minimize shampooing but use conditioner.

Hi guys,

I wrote a topic earlier about hair loss and accutane. I think if you said that you prefer your hair than your skin maybe you don't need accutane at all ... I am saying that because if you really have acne and looking at you scar and thinking "it has to stop" maybe you won't say that. After 9 months after accutane I am still losing my hair but it is not noticeable yet. I am taking some pics every months and it does not look worse. I will se my dern next month and I will discuss with her about that issue and see other medical condition (vitamin deficiency). My acne is better although I still break out but not as bad as before. My husband said that my skin improve 75% and I am looking about a good make up which will help. I was not aware about hair loss accutane (honestly I was more scare to have my liver destroy forever, you can see that when I decided to go I though about the worst thing that could happen). Saying that I like you my hair falling is untrue, saying that I am concern is true but like someone said earlier, accutane is volontary medication no one forces us to take it.