Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maxx

Does facial hair irritate the skin??

Thats it really. Does having facial hair (stubble, sideburns etc) irritate the skin?

I guess it might because the hairs trap bacteria etc (I'm not too clued up on this kind of this) which would irritate the skin, but this is just an educated guess. I really have no idea.

I'd like to make a point that its not the act of shaving that I'm talking about (which I'm aware from experience can be an irritant from the method and the products used), but just having facial hair. Any tips would be muchos appreciatos folks.

Really I wish I could grow a huge beard to hide lots of my face. But that just isn't gonna happen right now :D

Thats it really. Does having facial hair (stubble, sideburns etc) irritate the skin?

I guess it might because the hairs trap bacteria etc (I'm not too clued up on this kind of this) which would irritate the skin, but this is just an educated guess. I really have no idea.

I'd like to make a point that its not the act of shaving that I'm talking about (which I'm aware from experience can be an irritant from the method and the products used), but just having facial hair. Any tips would be muchos appreciatos folks.

Really I wish I could grow a huge beard to hide lots of my face. But that just isn't gonna happen right now :D

Nope. I breakout whenever I shave frequently but the moment I just leave my face alone and let the hair grow in my acne clears right up. At least where my beard grows.

Never breaks me out. I usually shave about once a week but even then I only use a beard trimmer as I find shaving too close causes a beard rash and also pimples around my lip area. It shouldnt make any difference and is good for covering up acne!

Never breaks me out. I usually shave about once a week but even then I only use a beard trimmer as I find shaving too close causes a beard rash and also pimples around my lip area. It shouldnt make any difference and is good for covering up acne!

it works to an extent if you are getting lots of spots in the beard area but you end up looking silly if you have loads of other spots elsewhere