Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmmkay

I have chest acne...

I posted pics, had chest acne for years. Just recently went to Derma for it. She treated the keloid but what bothers me is the chest acne. She prescribed to Clindamycin Phosphate to dry the acne, I just ran out a day ago, need to call for a refill. She also prescribed me to Retin A .1%. Hmmm this doesn't really seem to be working. Well maybe a little. This is what I do, I take showers once I wake up and before I go to sleep. Soetimes I take 3 showers a day if I do an activity during the day that makes me sweat. I use Dove Body wash during the shower, I use a sponge too. Sometimes I don't use a clean towel, I use one that's been there a day. I try to be careful on what I eat, not really. I heard fatty foods is a factor. Please, any recommendations on my lifestyle? I also try drinking a lot of water, but sometimes I go dance at a nightclub and I go hours without drinking water. I drink some alcohol, and sweat like crazy. When I come home from the club, I notice my chest looks a little worse. :( help..

Some of it looks like scars too.

post-44543-1154384794_thumb.jpg

post-44543-1154384806_thumb.jpg

post-44543-1154384794_thumb.jpg

post-44543-1154384806_thumb.jpg

also about the medicine, i apply climdamycin after every shower and then retin-a before i go to sleep. but i wait at night once the clindamycin is dry before applying the retin-a. thanks.

wow this forum is helpful. so many replies

:lol: Isn't it just!!! Well I have had similar problems. I have had red marks from acne on my chest and back. The acne has stopped now (stopped around sept/oct last year). It started because I was sat the computer with my shirt off (no I don't have a webcam!!! :eh: ). It stopped when I stopped doing that but red marks were left.

A few weeks ago I was singing the praises of Murad products (which a number of people on here hate), but it did help the red marks go down. I also tried to get some sun on it as often as possible. I'm now using an AHA/BHA toner from http://www.lookgr8.co.uk and biooil on my face and for my body. I don't really have any marks now though.

As for this forum... Well you'll find there are lots of haters and nasty little people who get enjoyment from ridiculing people with acne. You will find many people trying to undermine the morale of the forum. I'm almost totally convinced a good number of the threads started in here are making fun of those people who have serious acne problems or are started by people in the salon and skincare industries to help market themselves and their products.

You won't get lots of help or support or information (though some people are very nice). You WILL get infantile arguments about which overpriced product is best and how reading the bible and taking bread out of your diet will solve your problems. You will also notice how people disappear when their acne is cured without telling anyone how they did it!!! :confused:

</rant>

So... Good luck :lol:

try not to take too many showers per day

one a day is enough and if u do activities that makes you sweat a lot, then two

also rather than using a sponge, i recommend you use a synthetic brush, i've been using it for my back and it has definitely reduced the breakouts i used to have on my back, i think it does it by exfoliating my skin and removing the dead skin cells that might clog up my skin

if your topical medication is working fine, continue to use it, if not, perhaps u could try BP and see how you go

anyway, good luck

Try using the PC 2% Beta Hydroxy Liquid from Skin Care Solutions I bought the spray attchment too since I can't reach by back by myself. I haven't used it on my chest, but I'm sure it would work the same. My back has been clear a few months now.

Lisa

Try using the PC 2% Beta Hydroxy Liquid from Skin Care Solutions I bought the spray attchment too since I can't reach by back by myself. I haven't used it on my chest, but I'm sure it would work the same. My back has been clear a few months now.

Lisa

hmm when do i use that?