Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, first post. im 18 , and have moderate acne on my face, and moderate to severe acne on chest and back. For my chest i have nodular red spots that have been there for years.. there not goin newhere. my back has acne that is persistent. i was clearing up a week ago but i just got like 5 new pimples that have red around em..

my question is what should i do, the accutane which would take care of the severe stuff like nodulars and tough back acne.. Or should i try this CSR thing. my face isnt as important because i can keep it under control with gentle cleansing. but i was thinking that if i tried the CSR my face would shape up but the sever stuff would remain..

accutane is tough stuff but it seems in the past minocycline and tetracycline hasnt worked (or my body got immune). accutane would most likely clear everything up, but its so strong and i need to convince mom. i keep telling her i wont die.

CSR needs to be followed exactly and i dont know if im gonna have the funds and time to do this once my first year of university starts.

im leaning toward accutane, but its tempting me cause i just got a thing of clear skin regimen in the mail.

give input

personally, i'd just do accutane. CSR seems like just a lot of work for me, i'd rather just take a pill twice a day for a couple of months, and they may be rough months, but you just gotta battle through them, and then it's over with. hopefully it'll clear everything up for you (face/chest/back) and you won't even have to worry about acne anymore. i'm on my last medication (Tazorac) before i'm just gonna say "fuck it" and give in to Accutane, I actually would take it but i gotta move away for university in a few weeks, so my doctors can't monitor me, and thus can't prescirbe it to me. ok... i'm getting way off topic here... in conclusion, i'd vote to go with the accutane.

You should attempt a topical retinoid before you consider Accutane. It's the same mechanism of action, but it's not systemic so you don't see the high risk of nagative side effects. BP did nothing for my skin.

i'd definitely go for accutane if your derm doesn't mind and you are aware of rare but possible side effects. dont dabble around with the csr, especially since u got bad back/chest acne.