Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HKS

Candida

Guest HKS

I thought it would be useful for everyone who has managed to overcome candida overgrowth through diet, colonics and supplements share their experiences on here because some of the previous candida threads are becoming way tooo long!

Cranberry juice helps me both prevent and heal yeast infections (with an anti-fungal to speed up the process for a full-blown infection). When I drink it regularly I have no symptoms of yeast overgrowth or discharge.

I'm one of the few who have tried almost everything.

But you have to actually know you have candida first, so blood tests and stool tests are good tools to use. I was under the assumption that I had candidiasis, and I went through 3 months worth of regimen with antifungals (mostly natural, in vitro ones) with probiotics and dramatic diet change. My acne improved a bit, but I can't attribute any of that to the antifungals.

I then went and got a prescription for Nystatin and two courses of fluconazole. My acne didn't really improve after that...though luckily my acne never went back to its previous form.

I think candidiasis is a bit overated as a symptom. My blood tests showed my immune system was just fine and the oral thrush that I had (mainly the white coated tongue) improved just a little bit through it all.

So to save yourself the trouble, don't bother with these candida regimens. Your main weapons are: Diet, exercise, and supplements.

Supplements in the form of multi-vitamins and such.

I personally take vitamin C and have not have any new pimples to date (for 2 months now). My skin is still a bit oily, and pores are large...but nothing like before.

Guest HKS

Shmelis - do you drink store bought cranberry juice or juice it yourself?

Shmelis - do you drink store bought cranberry juice or juice it yourself?

Storebought. It's hard, because you have to look for one that doesn't say "Cranberry Juice" and then "Juice cocktail" in small letters... also have to check if it's from concentrate or not. I buy stuff that's straight cran juice with a couple juice concentrates added for sweetness (grape juice concentrate and something else.... can't remember) but the fewer sweeteners the more effective it is. Just yesterday I could feel some... problems... beginning. Had a few glasses and today I'm great!

Its a mould overgrowth that women suffer from. Also people can suffer from it overgrowing in the bowels, where it is dark and damp. In a healthy bowel it is under control and is not over grown. It over gorws by poor diet and lack of defence in the gut (probiotics). It can be kill to the point it is taken back in control with probiotics and alkalizing the blood. Anti fungals like Olive leaf extract will terminate it extremly well. However it canot be killed, it is apart of the bowels and is needed.

What do you guys think of fluconazole (Diflucan)?

I have the mother of all side effects from my current course of antiboitics. I got 6 150mg tablets, to take one every 5 days.........I may only take two or three though and save the others for a rainy day (or a if it comes back).......usually one or two get rid of it........the doctor just gave me more for the hell of it....

I am drinking cranberry juice (for what caused the need to take antiboitics in the first place) and now I'm all messed up....

So I figured a bunch of fluconazole will knock it out.....then once I'm of off of these wreched antiboitics...Ill pick up some proboitics.........

When I get a yeast infection fluconazole kills it in 2-3 days. It's a great drug... with stuff like Monistat you have to wait a week or more, and it sometimes comes back right after you think it's gone. Plus my school gives me fluconazole for $2.83 and the Monistat is $15.

When I get a yeast infection fluconazole kills it in 2-3 days. It's a great drug... with stuff like Monistat you have to wait a week or more, and it sometimes comes back right after you think it's gone. Plus my school gives me fluconazole for $2.83 and the Monistat is $15.

I can't believe I got so many. My insurance only paid for 2 of them (20$ copay)....I have to pay for the rest if I want to use more then two in 25 days.....but they're only $17.95 each.......

I've used diflucan before, and I agree it works.....Monistat just sucks. I have something called VVS (google it if you want to know) and it's bad enough that the damn yeast aggervates it, but the monistat is even worse then the yeast itself......and there is research that suggests that monistat may actually cause VVS......sometimes I wish I had a penis..........

I can't wait to get off these stupid antiboitics.....I finish on Thursday......

If systemic candida is what's causing my acne (which I doubt) wouldn't it stand to reason that after 6 doses of a potent antifungal drug.....my acne would be gone?

I can't believe I got so many. My insurance only paid for 2 of them (20$ copay)....I have to pay for the rest if I want to use more then two in 25 days.....but they're only $17.95 each.......

I've used diflucan before, and I agree it works.....Monistat just sucks. I have something called VVS (google it if you want to know) and it's bad enough that the damn yeast aggervates it, but the monistat is even worse then the yeast itself......and there is research that suggests that monistat may actually cause VVS......sometimes I wish I had a penis..........

If systemic candida is what's causing my acne (which I doubt) wouldn't it stand to reason that after 6 doses of a potent antifungal drug.....my acne would be gone?

How many infections have you gotten? I've gotten 6 or 7 in the last year, and one two years before that

Not unless you repopulated your gut with good guys.

Not unless you repopulated your gut with good guys.

So if you took probiotics?

Candida may just be part of the problem causing acne. It could be a toxic system that Candida contributes to. The body can't get rid of toxins fast enough and it starts to come out through the skin, which is one way your body removes toxins.

How many infections have you gotten? I've gotten 6 or 7 in the last year, and one two years before that

About ten in my life....starting at age 11.......I had one at 14, then 17, then 19, then a few when I was 20 (went on the pill).....then came the onset of VVS (which can be worse then an infection), then a few more....

I don't get them very often......maybe like one or two a year now......and I think the last ones had something to do with using topical estrogen for the VVS thing (which did help intially)......this one had to do with the stupid Keflex...

I bought Kefir tonight, and my usualy yogurt, and a probiotic called Ultimate Flora.....which seemd like the most economical proboitic......it's got like 50 billion in one dose........way better then Priimal Defence and it was a little cheaper since it was on sale......

I'm only going to finish the bottle......it'll take about a month. I figure that's enough time for the good guys to grow back.....I miss them...... :(

Candida may just be part of the problem causing acne. It could be a toxic system that Candida contributes to. The body can't get rid of toxins fast enough and it starts to come out through the skin, which is one way your body removes toxins.

I don't think taking a couple weeks of a high dose broad spectrum antibiotic is going to make me "toxic"......it did mess me up a little, but I'm not dying of systemic candidais just yet..........

My acne didn't go away either (that was not the desired intention anyway). It did for a few days, but it came right back.....even worse actually.........

I had a problem with candida, and acne and also a bunch of other things like fatigue and allergies, etc. I found this product called threelac on the internet, and it works really well to kill yeast. If you search on google you can find tons of information. It's pretty expensive but it's worth it since diet and other things don't really work that well to get rid of candida. I found a way to get it cheaper. if you email me i'll give you the info since i cant post that stuff on here.