Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I spent this weekend with my fiance. I rarely wear makeup, so he's used to seeing my acne, which is moderate and nodulocystic. I'm going on Accutane next month (finally!!!!) and he's aware of the Accutane quest I've been on for the past 5 months, and happy for me that I finally got the ok from my derm. He's usually really supportive, but lately he's been making some wizecracks about my skin, which dont bother me and are usually funny......

We were in Walmart the other day and he picks up one of theose Proactiv knockoffs and says....."You should try this......it'll make all of your pimples go away...see it says it right on the box." (he wasn't laughing at me, he was laughing at the claims that it would cure acne).......

The next day I wore makeup for the first time in a while. I'm on antiboitics for a kidney infection and my cysts are shrinking or just staying on the smaller side, and my face isn't as painful as it's usually been (but I can't wait until I finish the course on Thursday). All of the redness was gone and the bumps weren't that bad. He looked at me and said "wow you look really hot......is that what your gonna look like after you finish Accutane??" I replied...."I'll look even better"........

He's just as happy this shit is going to be gone as I am....I think he fianlly understands how much acne sucks, and that I'm not just "trying to be a supermodel"

all your posts are about how extremely broken out you are.

yet ive never seen a picture of you that didnt look great

all your posts are about how extremely broken out you are.

yet ive never seen a picture of you that didnt look great

Look.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Labgrl,did you always have acne?I was just wondering. My hubby make a comment to me he said"So once you get clear are you going to leave me?"aww i thought it was sweet.I think maybe your fiance is worried about you attracting more attention once your clear.just a thought.

Labgrl,did you always have acne?I was just wondering. My hubby make a comment to me he said"So once you get clear are you going to leave me?"aww i thought it was sweet.I think maybe your fiance is worried about you attracting more attention once your clear.just a thought.

No...I've been with him for 11 years. I didn't have any acne when I met him, and stayed pretty clear for about five years....I got mild acne at 18 or 19....got some Proactiv and got on with my life....I stayed clear or had mild acne until I was about 23 (just last year). He's not used to seeing me like this. He's used to me being clear actually, and I thinkl he might have forgotten how I looked before I had acne......

Sounds like a great guy. I always rave about my husband being understanding and loving (in all things) but the acne thing may have something to do with him going through Accutane before he met me.

I really think that most guys don't get upset with acne (on their loves) as much as the girls actually do. We are SOOO much harder on ourselves. It's nice that your fiance is sympathetic and caring and excited for your treatment, but not tacky.

Acne filters out the mean guys, I swear. :rolleyes:;)

*swoons* You've got one of the greatest guys in the world, Labgirl!

whats swoon mean

one of my girl friends called me rudolf when i had a big pimple on my nose lol but situations leading up to that made it not mean and just funny =P

whats swoon mean

swoon is that thing all the girls do when you walk down the hallway at school

labgirl is that acne? it looks like dermatitis which is wat i got. id post a pic too to make u feel better, but my cameras in my friends car

whats swoon mean

swoon is that thing all the girls do when you walk down the hallway at school

labgirl is that acne? it looks like dermatitis which is wat i got. id post a pic too to make u feel better, but my cameras in my friends car

OFCOURSE ItS ACNE ............. :boohoo:

Isn't dermatitis just irritated skin ?

Perhaps you have acne and dermatitis...

I've had derms call any rash dermatitis, but I've never had one confuse acne with dermatitis.

Anyway, I think she knows she has acne (they don't give ACCUTANE for dermatitis).

My hubby was good about it. A little insensitive by not understanding why I cried everynight. But genuinely seen right through it, and didn't care. He probably wouldn't care if I still had it.

I looked through old picutures one day, and he's all, "that's not you, you're skin was never that bad was it?" Like during my worst, he had never really payed attention.

Now that I'm clear, he still tells me that it didn't bother him. Only that it bothered me. And that I never looked "bad", even with it all.

im just saying the small colorless bumps look alot like dermatitis or maybe irritation but not acne. and i get the same thing sometimes.

anyway labgirls, its really not that bad, even though that sounds like a cliche thing to say.

My hubby was good about it. A little insensitive by not understanding why I cried everynight. But genuinely seen right through it, and didn't care. He probably wouldn't care if I still had it.

I looked through old picutures one day, and he's all, "that's not you, you're skin was never that bad was it?" Like during my worst, he had never really payed attention.

Now that I'm clear, he still tells me that it didn't bother him. Only that it bothered me. And that I never looked "bad", even with it all.

My hubby says the same...he knows it bothers me but he says he never notices it as a problem and thinks I'm beautiful (with or without makeup go figure)! My I'm lucky though because he honestly means it and he's never been insensitive about it or about how I feel about it although he wishes so badly that I didn't feel so bad about myself because of it!

Should we all fight over who's man's the best LOL?! MINE IS :dance: LOL!

Hey I just realized you're a fellow Canuck...hi ya!

accutane is going to fix u up well and good in no time, your fiancee won't be able to keep his hands off o fu

fixed, had to do it!!

Yeah. Those bumps are actually whiteheads. I get thousands of them. I do have seborrheic dermatitis, in creases where the nose meets my cheeks, under my bottom lip and occasionally in between my eyebrows. It's greasy, scaley and flakey, not bumpy.........

I've got way better pics coming....I have a nice cystic breakout on my chin........

i think i am overly pessimistic, if my fiancee/boyfriend/husband said suminc like that to me id freak and run off crying cos id feel like they were making fun of my acne or sumthing. maybe i shud be more possitive lol.

and ur fiancee sounds pretty cool. its great ur gonna marry him!

oh labgirl, you and i have very similar acne. in those pictures, yours looks a little better than my current situation, but i get a butt-load of little whiteheads on my cheeks and jaw-line accentuated by the happy fat ones that never seem to go away. today my doctor put me on birth control. im a new member, but i think youre a derm, right? do you think this method would work for the type of acne we have...or better yet, have you tried it yourself?

oh labgirl, you and i have very similar acne. in those pictures, yours looks a little better than my current situation, but i get a butt-load of little whiteheads on my cheeks and jaw-line accentuated by the happy fat ones that never seem to go away. today my doctor put me on birth control. im a new member, but i think youre a derm, right? do you think this method would work for the type of acne we have...or better yet, have you tried it yourself?

I'm not a derm...I have a derm but I'm not one myself. I took the MCATS but never did get my butt to med school.....

Anyway....I noticed those whiteheads after I stopped taking birth control pills (Tri-Nessa....generic OTC). I get a huge breakout of them just before I ovulate each month......some of them become cysts right before my period (which is always two weeks late)......some of them just hang out then shrink as my period approcaches only to reappear excatly 15 days later......

I never got these when I was on the pill. Last summer I had my first cystic breakout (triggered stress I think). I had loads of pustules and papules, nodes and cysts, but never these stupid whiteheads, but I was pill on the pill then....so maybe I would have......

Birth control stopped working to prevent my acne after it progressed beyond the mild to moderate stage.....I'm going back on the pill when I start Accutane (this time Yaz)........

I don't think birth control pills can really clear cystic acne but they can help control it to a point......