Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

been on csr for 4 days, first 2 days nothing, now my face isnt red or anything but ITS SO FREAKING ICTHY -.-

been on csr for 4 days, first 2 days nothing, now my face isnt red or anything but ITS SO FREAKING ICTHY -.-

You and I are in the same boat. I'm 5 days in now and my face itches every now and then quite a bit. I posted on here the other week a thread called something like "whats the proper way to itch". The answers came back, as i figured, very gently.

However, gently itching makes the itch worse. Taking a tissue and making a point with it, followed by rubbing that tip on your face... is so gentle and it just makes the itch worse.

I've found the best thing is to just leave it. I try to give the itch 5 whole minutes... and by then... when it doesn't go away... i use the back of my finger nails to as gently as possible satisfy the itch. This is probably not the greatest... and it probably irritates... but after 5 mins... i tell myself i'm allowed.

are you guys just itchy?

or is there bumps, crustiness, swelling??

If it is just itchiness, that is pretty normal for someone new to bp. You can consider using less bp for awhile, or skip the next application or two. But the itching usually goes away eventually.