Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shampoosuicide

Post-Acne Hyperpigmentation for Asians ***PICTURES!***

Hello:) Well actually at the moment I'm clear after 9 months of battling moderate acne. I have just one pimple on my forehead... I'm Asian, very fair, I've never gotten tanned. From these pictures you can see my skin looks slightly burnt/reddish/dry. That's because of 8% AHA. I've been using AHA for several months, but still my skin is very sensitive to it as you can see.

I'm quite sure these aren't considered scars. What kind of pigmentation is this and what is the best way to treat it? Mega-dosing Vitamin C? The AHA certainly helped a lot I can tell you, although it makes my face very red initially, but when the redness fades the pigmentation fades a good bit as well. However the AHA doesn't seem to be able to take the pigmentation off completely. What else can I try?

Right side

Left side

Thanks for any help:)

looks like you have a whole constellation there. i think i see the big dipper jk

i have those kind of marks but a lot more dull. try revive renewal cream www.reviveskincare.com it has EGF and a bit of glycolic acid in it. ive been using for a few weeks and it seems like its working but not as fast as i want it to. i should just be patient

Guest papillon
Hello:) Well actually at the moment I'm clear after 9 months of battling moderate acne. I have just one pimple on my forehead... I'm Asian, very fair, I've never gotten tanned. From these pictures you can see my skin looks slightly burnt/reddish/dry. That's because of 8% AHA. I've been using AHA for several months, but still my skin is very sensitive to it as you can see.

I'm quite sure these aren't considered scars. What kind of pigmentation is this and what is the best way to treat it? Mega-dosing Vitamin C? The AHA certainly helped a lot I can tell you, although it makes my face very red initially, but when the redness fades the pigmentation fades a good bit as well. However the AHA doesn't seem to be able to take the pigmentation off completely. What else can I try?

Right side

Left side

Thanks for any help:)

Don't overdose on ANYTHING. You'll make yourself sick.

It's too bad that you are allergic to AHA 'cause I think it helps a bit with red marks.

I'm not a fan of trying anything invasive, so I'd wait a couple of months to a year/two years and see how the marks turn out. Be gentle with your skin!

put hydroquinone all over your face. hopfully it will lighten those brown spots. i see some red spots but i just slap on the hydroquionone all over (red and brown marks) and cant really tell if it does anything for the red marks, but it seems to help the overall tone --brown marks are consierably lighter. it will take at least 3 months though.

after my horrible breakout from october 05 i had a lot of similar marks but yours seem to be redder than mine. Ive done 6 sessions of vbeam and 1 jessner peel and its much much lighter but not clear yet. I wouldnt plan on those marks clearing by themselves with time. They will, but it might take 3 years! You definitely have to do something about it, i recommend vbeam because those marks are pretty darn red. Dont listen to the people who say time will take care of it because im asian as well and although they are right...they aren't the one's who's gonna be waiting 2-3 years, you will.

put hydroquinone all over your face. hopfully it will lighten those brown spots. i see some red spots but i just slap on the hydroquionone all over (red and brown marks) and cant really tell if it does anything for the red marks, but it seems to help the overall tone --brown marks are consierably lighter. it will take at least 3 months though.

NO do NOT use hydroquoine. i'm Asian too... and i used this, in combination with Retin-A. and yes, while it did fade the marks SOMEwhat... it also bleach my face and lightened my overskin toned, and made my skin SUPER ridiculously sensitive, that every time i exercise, my face becomes literally, a cherry. DONT use Retin-A either... the excessive peeling and everything it does to your face it too much to handle. And it made my skin SO oily... and i didn't really have oily skin before.

I regret using both those products.

I'm still looking for a solution for my marks too... The lasers sound tempting but I am so weary of modern medicine and all its bs side effects that no one tells you about...

Don't listen to oceanmist. Just because Hydroquinone didn't work on him doesn't mean that it won't work on you. Quite the opposite. Hydroquinone is the gold standard in bleaching agents with tons of people using it without problem. Chances are, it will work wonders for your dark spots.

And please, don't buy Hydroquinone under the counter. Get a prescription for it and use it under the supervision of a dermatologist.

hi everyone! thanks for all the replies!

here's a picture of the right side of my face, taken 6 days apart from those in my first post.

Right side, 6 days later

i'm not very discerning, but it looks better to me. what do you think?;)

I think it looks much better as well. I'm not Asian, but I did have marks exactly like that. I used AHA lotions and gradually they did lighten over time. I was able to use concealer while they lightened, however.

Good luck on your improvement!

try jessner peels guys, i Had one done at the dermatologist a week ago and i didnt expect anything actually...but my marks look much better now. I recommend it

a human hmm red marks and hyperpigmentation are different;)

thanks to everyone for the positive remarks and suggestions! in case anyone wondered what i did in those 6 days, 1) egg white + lemon mask (thank you delna!) 2) 3g of vitamin c / day.

i'm trying out some things now, for example last night i used cucumber juice + lemon juice, i upped my vitamin c to 6g, and my skin seems to have become accustomed to the 8% AHA now;)

i will post pictured again soon!

i'm still experimenting with the more natural cheaper alternatives... i'm really cautious about proceeding to bleaching agents like hydroquinone, because aren't they suspected of being carcinogenic?

I am asian, but have never gotten brown marks. I've used glycolic peels up to 30%, hydroquinone, Retin-A, and probably a lot more bleaching products. Maybe it's because I'm also French?

would you say shampoosuicide's marks are red or brown marks? they're kinda red to me. so i dont think it's really hyperpigmentation

I am asian, but have never gotten brown marks. I've used glycolic peels up to 30%, hydroquinone, Retin-A, and probably a lot more bleaching products. Maybe it's because I'm also French?

screw_acne hey buddy, i feel your pain too. are you trying out any methods to get rid of those damn marks?

Xero how did all those products work out for you? is hydroquinone really as effective as people say it is?

gentleman-in-training hmm i'm kinda blind, i really cannot tell whether those marks are like hyperpigmentation or red marks. i'm hoping they're just red marks, cause they seem to be easier to get rid of, ie. no need to use bleaching agents. was the mandelic acid a prescription from your derm?

Whoo. Go YK. ;)

I tried lemon/cucumber this afternoon. Will likely go on trying for a bit. Along with all my Vit E crap.

Gonna beg spastic derm for AHA next Monday.

Xero how did all those products work out for you? is hydroquinone really as effective as people say it is?

Nothing really worked, except hydroquinone. HQ really bleached my skin. I used to sorta have a yellow face too, which is common among asians. After HQ, my skin is white! :shock: It bleached out everything on my face including redmarks. Now, I just have indented scars.

Nothing really worked, except hydroquinone. HQ really bleached my skin. I used to sorta have a yellow face too, which is common among asians. After HQ, my skin is white! :shock: It bleached out everything on my face including redmarks. Now, I just have indented scars.

Hey Xero, how long did it take for your red marks to go away on HQ??????

Guest papillon

OMG. :) So, your face is white :shock: , but your neck and the rest of your body is "yellow"??? :shock::shock::shock:

Is the colour difference really noticeable?

I thought that too.. no. I was wondering why I became whiter. Maybe the HQ got into my bloodstream and went all over. I don't know. But I'm not yellow anywhere now. :shock:

Anyway, the red marks faded in a month.