Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infinity06

About to start Dan's Regimen

Well its offical I've decided to give Dan's Regimen a bash. The products are currently on their way as we speak. I dunno if this is normal but I actually feel excited about this because I've read alot into his regimen an other peoples experinces and from what I understand it seems quite a postivie product.

Now I'm new to these boards so bare with me but I've chosen Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer as my mosturizer to start with. I'm not too sure if thats a good thing or not but I'm quite desperate for a Facial Moisturizer. Any reccomendations would be helpful (Keep in mind I've never used a Faical Moisturizers, this will be my first)

So heres the plan

Gentle Cleanser Dan's one - Morning

Leave for 15 minutes

Benzoyl Peroxide

Leave for 15 minutes to absorb

Then finally, apply Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Anyways I just thought I'd post and let you guys know that I'm be breifly updating my progress with the regimen and letting use guys know how I'm getting on.

To end on a high note I'd be more than appertaitive to hear any tips or suggestions for when I start this Regiem?

Experinces good or bad are also welcome...

Kind Regards, Shyboy

best bet

start off small with the ammount of bp

that is VERY important

else you wil dry your skin up and cause irritation

which usually ends up in acne.

keep your skin feeling pretty much "normal" and you wil be fine.

about your moisturiser.

im not sure buti THINK that1 is the one some members didnt like as it doesnt moisturise aswel as they want.

if you find that aswel then give us a shout and we can recommend you another.

there are lots around so its easy to get another for you !

good luck with the regimen.

im sure you will go far with it and clear up in no time as most members do :D

best bet

start off small with the ammount of bp

that is VERY important

else you wil dry your skin up and cause irritation

which usually ends up in acne.

keep your skin feeling pretty much "normal" and you wil be fine.

about your moisturiser.

im not sure buti THINK that1 is the one some members didnt like as it doesnt moisturise aswel as they want.

if you find that aswel then give us a shout and we can recommend you another.

there are lots around so its easy to get another for you !

good luck with the regimen.

im sure you will go far with it and clear up in no time as most members do :D

Cheers Damien, You've been quite a major help to me since I started.

Applying a small amount of BP, well I kinda have acne in all areas in my face so personally I'd have to apply quite abit will that still be a problem or shall I fight one part of my face at each time until it clears up in indivual areas?

Thanks in advance.

Shyboy14

about your moisturiser.

shyboy,

I've used several Aveeno products and have liked them, but the Positively Smooth ones I've stayed away from, because the fine print on the label talks about how it affects your hair:

For example:

"Aveeno® Positively SmoothTM Facial Moisturizer is clinically proven to go beyond moisturization to improve natural skin tone and texture, while minimizing the appearance of unwanted facial hair. This breakthrough formula with an exclusive combination of skin-silkening soy extracts and skin conditioners has been shown to make hair look less noticeable in as little as 2 weeks. This daily moisturizer works to make hair softer, finer, and less noticeable so you can remove hair less often. Results improve with continued use. This light, fast-absorbing formula also moisturizes all day long and helps maintain a beautiful, healthy-looking complexion by: making hair softer,finer,and less noticeable"

Which makes me think that they are meant for women.

If this really does what it says it does, and someday you want to grow out your facial hair, I wonder how normal it's going to look? :think: (I'm just wondering out loud because of the product's own description, not due to personal experience using it.)

Infinity06, use a small amount of BP (probably 1/4 finger) to start with, and try and cover everywhere on your face which you breakout, its best to ramp up the dosage slowly until your at the full amount.

Applying a small amount of BP, well I kinda have acne in all areas in my face so personally I'd have to apply quite abit will that still be a problem or shall I fight one part of my face at each time until it clears up in indivual areas?

I get acne all over my face too, it's not just concentrated in one area. Still, you should follow the recommendations for how much BP to use even though you'll be putting it all over your face. For the first few weeks of the regimen, your goal is NOT to clear up your skin but rather to get your skin used to BP, so you really should be using small amounts of BP that you gradually increase. Once you're using a full finger of BP all over your face and can tolerate it, that's when the real clearing starts to happen. You must be patient and not worry over breakouts that happen in the meantime, which can be tough, but it's soooooo worth it. Just start out applying a very small layer of BP all over your face and work your way up to more BP all over your face.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, Aveeno® Positively SmoothTM Facial Moisturizer I'll just see what happens with it. Do any of you guys suggest anything else? keep in mind I've never used a Moisturizer before.

I'll use a small ammount of BP, 1/4 of a finger on each area? or 1/4 and massarge it all over my face?

And also Scars? I've these red little ones left from old acne during my Secoundary School years, Any advice on them?

In the beginning just use 1/4 finger for your entire face. Then the next week use 1/2 finger for your entire face, and so on.

As far as moisturizer goes, you basically want one that is oil-free and non-comedogenic, spf is always a bonus as the bp can make you more sun sensitive.

For scars, you should wait until after your active acne is under control, then you can look at options for removing the scars. But it is generally best to wait until your acne is under control.

Hope this helps!

Good luck and don't hesitate to let us know if you need further help!

Thanks, Well as for the Moisturizer do you suggest any? I've just Bought that Aveeno one today on e bay, But do you think I should actually use it or not? Don't worrie about the money side of issues as thats not a problem but I'd rather you say don't use Aveeno get another Moisturizer such as.... cause from this day on I want my skin to start healing and I'm totally comitted to doing that no matter the price?

I've not a clue when it comes to stuff like that you see... thanks I really do feel accepted in this message board its such a friendly amoshpere lol

Thanks, Well as for the Moisturizer do you suggest any?

I've tried a bunch of different ones, but there's no general consensus on what's best, which is why a lot of people hope Dan comes through with an "official" CSR moisturizer. What seemed to be most popular and recommended was Eucerin Skin Renewal which has been discontinued and therefore very difficult to find.

You might enjoy reading a ton of ratings (which might help you decide) here:

http://www.acne.org/rate.php

Click on Clear Skin Regimen Recommended Products > Moisturizers with Suncreen

Or Other Products > Over the Counter > Moisturizers/Lotions