Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobSheridan

Differin and Sodium Sulfacetimide/Cleocin

I currently use phisohex to wash my face, then apply Sulfacet-R/Cleocin lotion in the morning and in the evening wash with phisohex and apply differin gel (This is all prescribed by my derm). I am affraid to use a lotion because I thought the idea was to dry out the skin? Tired of having dry, cracked, flaky looking skin. I want smooth even toned skin... Any suggestions?

i'm having the same problem with differin, but mostly just on my lower cheeks.

i'm only going into my second week with it though, so it depends, how long have been using it?

from what my derm has said, im under the impression that the dryness will go away in under a month, and she told me to just skip a day if it gets really flaky/dry.

i'm only going into my second week with it though, so it depends, how long have been using it?

from what my derm has said, im under the impression that the dryness will go away in under a month, and she told me to just skip a day if it gets really flaky/dry.

I think it may be the sodium sulfacetimide lotion... Your face should get used to it after a few

more weeks. It is good stuff, but I have really oily skin, that is why i was prescribed the

Sulfer lotion for during the day. Do you moisturize?

I think it may be the sodium sulfacetimide lotion... Your face should get used to it after a few

more weeks. It is good stuff, but I have really oily skin, that is why i was prescribed the

Sulfer lotion for during the day. Do you moisturize?

yeah i use some neutrogena moisturizing lotion for sensitive skin, but it doesnt seem to do much for very long, it just gets dry again after about 15 minutes or so.

i mean, if i just sit there its okay, but if im laughing and talking it starts drying out again.[so i guess that means no more laughing or talking for me haha]

and im kindof confused about what moisturizing accomplishes, i mean isnt that just kindof like rubbing the dead skin back onto my face?[call me an idiot, i've just never had it explained to me]

that doesnt seem right, and if i exfoliate first it just gets redder and drys out more afterwards.

atleast its summer though, hopefully ill be okay by the time school starts up.