Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrhamster

ACCUTANE FOR VERY MILD ACNE

Hi folks,

I have very mild acne (well i consider it mild anyway), but very oily skin. Also the mild acne I get tends to leave little pits.

In your opinion would a derm be sold on the idea of prescribing Accutane for mild/very oily skin. I'm pissed off with spending loads of money, and not getting at the root cause.

Many thanks

what country do you live in , the Euros are more liberal bout prescribing accutane for mild cases

in America you have to try alot of antibiotics, topical gels before they give you accutane

unless your case is severe or persistant

what country do you live in , the Euros are more liberal bout prescribing accutane for mild cases

in America you have to try alot of antibiotics, topical gels before they give you accutane

unless your case is severe or persistant

Hi fuman,

Im european (england), so maybe they will not be so worried about pre-scribing it, ill try and get an appointment with a derm. Thanks for your reply.

Normally the side effects of accutane will out weigh the problem of mild acne.

Thats what happened with me, its risky.

thats why you take a low dose

Hi Mr H!

I'm in the us, but I have extremely oily skin, large pores, and somewhat mild acne (but i do get cysts). I got tired of it also, but it took me a while to find a derm that prescribed it. I am on a high dose (60mg/day) now, but probably going to go to low dose (10mg/day)indefinately for my oily skin. At the high dose, my oil is gone, my pores are cleaning out and my scars are evening out. Some say that the oil comes back after and some say it doesn't.

Feel free to PM me.

K