Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, im a 20 year old asian guy. Like most of you all i believe, i used to have perfect skin when im quite young (from the day im born to abt 17-18 maybe?) . Those were the times when i wonder how some ppl can have ance? Why people have such bad skin ? at some point in time i discriminated these ppl and "classified" them as different as good skin ppl so much so that i will make fun of some of these ppl and always think that never will all these happen to me. And as i reached my late teens, mild acne start forming but having the wrong mentality i took no interest and think that it will go away eventually. I guess god have a way to make ppl like me learn things the hard way. Soon, i have quite severe acne. I then became concern about it and finally understand what the [email protected]#$ is going on. I regret and hated myself for being a asshole and being so immature before.

I took accuntane and acne clear but its too late, because of not taking care of my face when i have acne, always picking on them, scars on my cheeks is the aftermath. I have quite a number of superficial scars on both my cheeks. Under different lighting, my face can appear smooth sometimes, but it can look very bad sometimes. I have already done my 1st chemical peel last month. I can see a improvement in the overall texture of my skin. Although it have only a little improvement on my scars, i do believe chemical peels must be repeated every month and done progressively with the strength of the acid to have a the best effect on the scars. Im not a expert on these scar treatment but i will take 1 step at a time and try not to make this worse. Im having my next chemical peel tomorrow, and i hope my skin will improve again.

Anyway, the purpose of my post is not really so much on giving suggestions on what scar treatment are best for various scars. I just wanna say that acne scarring changed my life at this point in time. Sometimes you will be thinking will be hiding ur face from everyone for the rest of your life. Sometimes its sad that some ppl may judge you as a person because of your scars. Even though i try to console myself sometimes that its just superficial scars, but it will really never be the same again ever... the more and more i think abt it the more i became depressed. I have learned not to judge people no matter how deep is their acne scarring because i understand how everyone of them feel inside now. Its laugable that it take me 20 years to understand that right? pity me.

Anyway, i have done my emoing ...it great to have such a forum to vent my frustrations and my feelings, even if its to strangers... i dont even think im posting in the right thread lol ... just remember that this forum is for Scar treatments =S................whatever ...... Everyone have a story, i have told my story. Whats your story?

If your scarring is shallow or even severe then theres hopes for you so dont fret. Just take with you what you have learned from the experience, which is to not be so quick to pass judgement on others. Ive learned a similiar lesson aswell and I plan to get rid of my scars and just use the experience while I suffered as a part of my life to learn from.

Please don't do repeated chemical peels, it thins out your skin and will make it look worse in the long run.

Please don't do repeated chemical peels, it thins out your skin and will make it look worse in the long run.

Will 6 chemical peels with interval of 1 month, progressively increasing the strength of the peels each month thins out my skin? My derm didnt say anything of that to me, can anyone confirm it and give me advice. Btw im only using Aha peels for my superficial scars, my derm said that if my skin reacts ok with Aha he might change to Tca for better results. Bascially i told him i wouldnt want to do something too drastic in the intial stage of my scars treatment , the last thing i want is that my superficial scars worsen

Anyway, i just done my 2nd peel this afternoon. My previous peel last month is 35% Aha, this 2nd peel today is at 50% Aha. Surprisingly in my memory, the 1st peel feels somewhat more painful than the 2nd peel. What i like about chemical peels is that the downtime is short, i already dont feel any burning sensation and the redness has started to diminish in just a few hours. I cant wait for my skin to start peeling in the 2nd week and hopefully i see the results which is the most important of all.

I do see alot of newer treatments and better technologies. Initially there was a struggle in me in whether to jump straight into lasers etc etc. I see many many different accounts of the result of all these treatments and i have mixed feelings. Different ppl's skin react differently, so in te end i choose to be safer and go ahead with Aha peels 1st. Plz feel free to comment on anything i say and offer me advice.