Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thEneXtChaPter

Only thing i can honestly say i got out of accutane

Was sometimes im alil hard on myself, and accutane was very hard on me, and usually i beleive i recover better from strains being put on me. Its like when I was into wrking out, the heavier and harder my workouts were, the stronger i wound up getting after it all. But in terms of acne, somedays i look bad and think i went through all that for nothing. But it was just another bad thing to happen to me, im not even mad about the acne itself right now, im mad that i went through all that for the way i look right now at this moment, which isn't good, my face is way to red right now...

i remember you in a dif thread and you said that you would rather go to to prison for 5 months than do accutane for 5 again. sounds like it was a terrible experience for you and i totally understand and respect your views on accutane, but for me i think the benefits of having clear skin will be worth it when i go on it. but to be honest i am still quite worried.

I know what you mean. I think that too sometimes, what the fuck am I having acne for?! (I see it as still "having it" although it's gone rightnow due to accutane)

But then again I'm absolutely sure everything that happens to us happens for a reason even if it's just to experience how it is. And I think I wouldn't have thought about me and the world so thoroughly as I did/am because of acne. I could have developped in one of those Oh-my-gosh-there-is-a-new-lipgloss-this-will-make-me-look-like-a-princess-girls :doh:. But I haven't. I don't know WHAT or WHO I am now but I honestly believe my personality has become a deeper touch due to acne. :boohoo:

Also, I'm happy for all those other terribly bad destinies I DIDN't get. (so far) :shifty:

I think it's always hard to see the good side of something, especially when it sucks so obviously and hasn't been gone for too long (or is still there). But rightnow I can think of more than one thing that was horrible back then but actually, it helped me realise something too. But I didn't think like that back then, I do it now.

So I'll ask you in a couple of years. :D

i remember you in a dif thread and you said that you would rather go to to prison for 5 months than do accutane for 5 again. sounds like it was a terrible experience for you and i totally understand and respect your views on accutane, but for me i think the benefits of having clear skin will be worth it when i go on it. but to be honest i am still quite worried.

Yea man well its a gamble, so anything can happen, of course I had to get more side effects than results. It worked for me, but i still have red spots, which my acne was alot of red spots, I had that gut feeling in the back of my head that accutane would leave me with red spots and not clear me up good enough when i 1st started tane, but my derm put me under the impression that accutane would clear me up fully. Anyway My side effects just out weighed the results i got now, if i didn't get as many side effects I wouldn't get so mad sometimes, but it just frustrates me to look in the mirror and still not be happy sometimes after all the stress and side effects i went through. If 3-6 months from now these red marks fade a good amount, then maybe i'll change my mind on accutane. Im doin fine now, but i just get frustrated because I feel like I went through all that trouble for very little sometimes. Also, that is true that i got extremely sore from working out the other day, which I've never ever gotten that sore from anything in my life before. Im going to think maybe accutane was a possibility, because my body became very achy while on tane and my physical well being took a big hit from tane. And I just finished tane 24 days ago, so the tane isn't fully out of my system yet.

I've been off accutane and acne free for over 20 months now. Redness is still there but i believe they are fading (slowly). Recently started doing glycolic acid peels and supplementing vitamin c to try and speed things up. Above all though time is the key.

From what i can remember accutane remains in your body for a couple of months after the course, so i'd take it easy with exercising for the time being mate!

yah your not going to lose much muscle mass that you gained I don't think if you rest a bit anyways

I have similar feeling about accutane

I was on 160mg per day for five months..... that's enough to kill a horse, and it did land me in the emergency room a few times b/c I would be gagging non-stop for a few months afterwards and could barely eat.

It did make a difference, I no longer get the gigantic cysts I would get on a daily basis. But even after such a hardcore dose my skin is still oily and I still have regular breakouts, I mean if you look at me I'm not clear, I would still be classified as having an acne problem, and the scars/redmarks just make it that much worse.

I nearly died, I took my body to the extreme and it still didn't clear me up 100%

I can say this with all honesty and truth and its that accutane saved my life. I was on the wrong dose for 6 months and it fucked my skin up but once I got a high enough dose for the last 4-5 months it did amazing things for me. :)

Was sometimes im alil hard on myself, and accutane was very hard on me, and usually i beleive i recover better from strains being put on me. Its like when I was into wrking out, the heavier and harder my workouts were, the stronger i wound up getting after it all. But in terms of acne, somedays i look bad and think i went through all that for nothing. But it was just another bad thing to happen to me, im not even mad about the acne itself right now, im mad that i went through all that for the way i look right now at this moment, which isn't good, my face is way to red right now...

Accutane wasn't the miracle that i had been praying for

i could not get accutane despite having severe acne, but these days they give it out like candy, and my doctor said maybe i can go on it now, NOW THAT I AM 95% CLEAR arghh 5 YEARS TOO LATE BAZTARD!

but yeh, scarring is moderate, thats why i sometimes will never forgive my doctor and derm

Guest TylerD

Accutane was a god send to me for clearing my acne. I am all acne cleared. The only thing I hated about accutane was it made my pores huge!!! But whatever lately I have just stopped carring about that.

I love it, im 17, highschool senior tkaing accutane, while everyone is out enjoying there golden senior year, i not only was cramped up in an office working a dead end job, i didn't even go out to enjoy the hard earned money i made on off days.. My biggest thing to be excited about senior yr was i was successfully registered for i-pledge for the month!! I think about the future too much, but common if i had a miserable 17 yr old year, im scared to imagine how my life will be when im older. I fuckin hate accutane, and it was nothing but a fuckin evil curse just having to take that drug.

I love it, im 17, highschool senior tkaing accutane, while everyone is out enjoying there golden senior year, i not only was cramped up in an office working a dead end job, i didn't even go out to enjoy the hard earned money i made on off days.. My biggest thing to be excited about senior yr was i was successfully registered for i-pledge for the month!! I think about the future too much, but common if i had a miserable 17 yr old year, im scared to imagine how my life will be when im older. I fuckin hate accutane, and it was nothing but a fuckin evil curse just having to take that drug.

come on man, 1 course doesn't always work for everyone. Like I was clear for about 3 months after but I still get acne now but using bp makes my skin pretty fucking awesome. I suggest using the regimen after accutane if you start getting acne again and it might keep you really clear. good luck brotha

Guest TylerD

I get the odd zit or 2 here, and I would use the regimen but I cant. My face is way to sensitive and would just turn bright red and make my pores and scars look like complete shit. But bp deffinitely works for alot of people so I cant talk bad about it. But as for me if I break out real bad again my only option is to go back on accutane. So lets hope it doesnt come down to it. However NYMJT BP might work wonders for you if you start breaking out a little bit.

I was good for about 8 weeks throughout the last month and following my course.

Now Im right back to where I started. Its as if I was never even on the medication. Its very frustrating... but at least I know that it cleared me up for aboput 8 weeks, so hopefully a second course will finnish the job.

I just cant wait to get back on it, despite the dryness and redness and peeling,,, because those 8 weeks felt sooo good! and Im really upset at the condition of my skin right now. Every morning I wake up and theres something new popping up somewhere. I work long hours and by the end of the day, I feel really embarassed at how oily my face is.

My plan after a second course of Tane (which I hope Im prescrived) is to just continue taking one single pill a week continually. Hopefully that will help regulate my skin after a second course and be the finnishing touch to keeping my face clean and clear...

I just cant wait for the next course already!

Guest TylerD

I was good for about 8 weeks throughout the last month and following my course.

Now Im right back to where I started. Its as if I was never even on the medication. Its very frustrating... but at least I know that it cleared me up for aboput 8 weeks, so hopefully a second course will finnish the job.

I just cant wait to get back on it, despite the dryness and redness and peeling,,, because those 8 weeks felt sooo good! and Im really upset at the condition of my skin right now. Every morning I wake up and theres something new popping up somewhere. I work long hours and by the end of the day, I feel really embarassed at how oily my face is.

My plan after a second course of Tane (which I hope Im prescrived) is to just continue taking one single pill a week continually. Hopefully that will help regulate my skin after a second course and be the finnishing touch to keeping my face clean and clear...

I just cant wait for the next course already!

Just remember to fight for it!!! When you go in there say nothing worked for you besides accutane and now your acne is back. Say you are not going through a hole nother corse of pointless products that you know wont work. He will give you accutane. Atleast that is what worked for me haha. Goodluck.