Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys and gals! I just wanted to report that all is mostly well except for one thing. :evil: I HATE HATE HATE POISON IVY!!!!! :evil: I decided to finish my little project in my front yard. Mind you I stopped for 2 weeks because we sprayed what we thought was all of the poison ivy with bleach. Aghh, well needless to say, I now have poison ivy all over my arm, legs, and on my forehead. I completely give up, I swear I'm not going in the front yard for the rest of the summer.

Aside from that my face looks nice. I actually had a co worker ask me what I had been doing because my skin looked much better. A boost of self esteem that I really needed. :) Thanks! I have an appointment with the derm tomorrow, I was hoping that maybe just maybe she'd be able to give me something for my poison ivy. :cry: I'm miserable because of it. I have no real progress to report, my face is clear aside from the occaisonal bump here and there. It's miles better than what it was.

Hope this finds everyone well. Have a great day :D

Aghhhh! I'm feeling a little better. I went to the derm for a regular check up and she took pity on me and gave me a script for a steroid cream to get rid of my itchies. :D

Its working wonders! Although I'm a little concerned because the area's are drying up and the skin is flaking off. It's leaving red marks. :(

Sooo I went to the derm on Monday. I just love my derm because she's on vacation for almost the whole summer. :confused: Must be nice! Anyway, my appointment was with the PA, she was ok and exceptionally thorough. The only problem was she's a close talker. :eh: I'm sorry but that bugs the hell out of me. I need my space. :hand: My face looks ok aside from the remaining scarring but it'll fade with time I hope. I only have sorta kinda active bugger on my right cheek and a few stubborn black heads. I had to go through the whole I pledge hassel as usual, it's especially a pain when the lady in charge is also on vacation. Fortunately I'm not going to run out of pills this time. My PI is almost gone except for the spot on my right hand between my pinky and ring finger. What a PITA! Atleast it's not itchy anymore. :dance: . It's bizarre though because it's on the underside of my hand and doesn't want to dry up like the other areas did. You can still see all the little bubbles. :think: I just wish I could be rid of it!

Hope this finds everyone well. :D

M

Glad to hear your poison ivy rash is clearing up! Not a good thing to have to deal with when you're on 'tane!

So, I'm curious, why did you doctor tell you not to take Vit E orally?

Tanya

OMG! Poison Ivy + Accutane == Not Good!

Geez! I can't imagine! You are a strong woman! I would've probably made them give me valium! Gald to hear its clearing up!

K

Tanya,

The doc said that vitamin e is fat soluable and taking it orally might cause more unnecessary strain on your liver. He said to focus on more topical solutions (lotions or creams with the proper ingredients)to aid my skin with the dryness.

K,

Thanks for the support! I really needed it. I really hate getting poison ivy and I've had problems with it since I was a kid. I've been hospitalized several times and also had a secondary blood infection from it. All I know is that cream was a god send. :oD I'm covered in red marks from the remnants but it's ok.

That huge bugger on my face finally exploded yesterday. It hurt like hell and oozed all kinds of puss but it looks better than a huge red bump. Ofcourse my BF was the first to notice. :( I'm a trooper though and I'm not going to get discouraged.

M

Today has been horrible. :cry: I caught some kind of cold from somewhere and I feel absolutely terrible. I can't breath through my nose at all. Damn these people and their germs! :evil: I had to take some cold meds and now my mouth and nose are super dry. I'm loading up on water and tryin to deal. :doubt:

My skin is doing ok, my face is flaking a bit but not a big deal. Although I do have a rash developing on my hands. It was wierd because I went outside to put some things in the bed of my truck and started to get overheated really quickly. By the time I finished up and went back in maybe 10-15 minutes I have what looks like a heat rash all over my hands and arms. My arms are ok but the top of my hands still have the rash. :( Sometimes this stuff is a real PITA. Hope everyone else is doing ok...

Feeling a little better. My voice hasn't entirely recovered but atleast I can breath and sleep. My face is mostly clear except the few remaining black heads. I managed to shed a few in the shower this morning. They're slowly but surely pushing to the surface. :dance: New pics coming soon...

Hey guys! Hope this finds everyone well. :) Here are my pics from about a week ago. I'm about 75 days in. Roughly 10 weeks. I'm pretty happy with the results so far, except the few black heads that I can't seem to get rid of.

[attachmentid=5637] [attachmentid=5638]

The pics are in my gallery from when I started if you guys want to compare... It wouldn't let me add em. :(

post-42689-1155985843_thumb.jpg

post-42689-1155985857_thumb.jpg

post-42689-1155985843_thumb.jpg

post-42689-1155985857_thumb.jpg

Hi Mindy!

Your skin is looking great! Sounds like those blackheads are some stuborn buggers! You still have another 75 days to go, so I am sure they will be gone by then!

Damn, I wonder if I should stop taking vitamin E. I don't get bloodwork done, so I have no idea what my liver is up to!

Yeah, I've been sick lately also. It sucks! I seem to be feeling better this morning, but I haven't taken my pill yet. Usually a couple hours after I start feeling like complete [email protected]#!

I hope your feeling better too!

K

Hey guys! Hope this finds everyone well. :) Here are my pics from about a week ago. I'm about 75 days in. Roughly 10 weeks. I'm pretty happy with the results so far, except the few black heads that I can't seem to get rid of.

[attachmentid=5637] [attachmentid=5638]

The pics are in my gallery from when I started if you guys want to compare... It wouldn't let me add em. :(

I THINK YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, MY LITTLE MOO MOO :D

Brief update: Went to the derm on Tuesday 8/29, visit was uneventful. Had the close talker again :eh: It's cool though she's more thorough than the actual derm and seems more attentive when it comes to problems.

I've been experiencing the usual se's: headaches, backaches,sleeplessness but all of these can also be attributed to my lousy job.

My rents had friends in from out of town that I haven't seen in awhile that were thrilled with the way my face looks. They haven't seen me since I started on tane. They paid me lots of compliments which made me feel better.

I'm probably going to have problems with I pledge being that my derm's office is closed all weekend for the holiday. They didn't get my bloodowrk and they don't open till Tuesday which is exactly 8 days past my appointment. Hopefully they'll understand and fudge my date so I can get my pills.

Hope this finds everyone well! :)

M

Hi Mindy!

Just checking in on your progress! I'm jealous, no one has really really said that my skin looks better :( Its probably because of these damn millias...damn bumps! The worst part, is that I have had to explain to others what they are and that they must be removed. One of my friends tried to tell me that it had to do with my regimine and told me how he does it! Kinda embarassing for a guy to be telling me that, although he is a very close friend, so its not all that bad.

Damn iPledge! I hope everything went ok with it!

K

Hi Mindy,

Hope this finds you well! When do you officially go off of Accutane? I will check back in to make sure you are still progressing! Have a great Thursday- Take Care of yourself!!!!

Mel

Hi All! :D I had a derm visit on 9/26. I got my last script! :dance: Looks like barring any unusual events I should be finished with my treatment 11/5/06. Things have been great, my face has been clear for the better part of the last 2 months. I still get the occaisonal pimple here and there but they're nothing compared to what they used to be. I still have scarring but I figure that I'll wait out the 6 months and see how things go from there.

My derm suggested that I switch my BC because they have stats that my current BC most likely caused my acne. So as of 11/06 I'll be another Yasmin supporter.

Overall aside from a few very minor se's my treatment was fairly easy. The only real stickler was headaches which very well could have been from my job. Hard to place an exact blame there.

Mel/K: Thanks for your continued support, it was very sincerely appreciated. :D

As usual hope this finds everyone well...

M

Hey, thanks for stopping by my journal! That is wierd with us having same name and age and stuff. Today was my first full day on the 'tane and I've had a headache for most of it. I've been drinking plenty of water but it hasn't helped.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting? I bought some

Eucerin Daily Renewal lotion

Aquaphor (stuff for my lips)

Cetaphil gentle cleanser

I also bought some supplements today too, but just read your post about Vitamin E. Here's what I bought supplement wise:

Daily Vitamin

Calcium

Super Omega 3 Formula

Vitamin E

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the help!!! Did your joints (hands) ache? I've noticed mine have started already and whether it's ok to take Aleve. They are also doing flu shots here at work and I wanted to get one but I read someone else's post who said the nurse wouldn't give her a shot since she didn't know if there were interractions with the 'tane.

So far today, no headache, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I posted some pics of my back if you want to view them. They are already pretty tender, I definitely won't be picking b/c they hurt. :confused:

I'M SO EXCITED! I FINISHED MY LAST PACK OF PILLS TODAY :dance::clap::dance::clap: HERE'S TO CLEAR SKIN IN THE FUTURE. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL CONTINUING YOUR TREATMENT. I'LL BE CHECKING BACK FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!

I've been off exactly 1 week and what happens? I wake up with a huge zit on my left cheek. :mad: And ofcourse who notices but my lovely BF and just can't keep his mouth shut about it. :mad: If only those without acne could really truly understand what it's like?!?

Hey I was just wondering how thins were going i have been on Accutane for about 5 months now and im finishing my final pill in 4 days im a lil nervous bc as i approach the final pill my skin isnt really CLEAR CLEAR i mean i have like 1 spot on my cheek but its drying up...does it get better when you end this crap cuz i feel your pain im gettin very tired of it...Please let me know!