Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raider5000

I Have The Worst Acne On This Forum....

Im gonna Try To Get Some Picture In Here...But as far as overal acne goes....im the worst ive seen.....my face acne is not the worst...although i would say ive only seen about 1 or 2 worse than me here....and as far as my back goes...i havent seen any worse than mine....i have upper arm acne and chest acne as well.....the upper arm and chest acne are pretty bad as well....probably not the worst...but close.....

BOTTOM LINE IS I NEED HELP!!!!! IM 17 and I Cannot Afford Accutane....Ive Tryed....Pro-Active, Acne Free Solution, Oxi Pads, Stridex, Cleaners, Scrubs, Almost Everything.....And I use Them Every Day...Many People Suffer Because They Dont Keep It Up....BUT I DO...And I still Suffer...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....HELP ME!!!

Hi. Sounds like your acne is pretty severe. However, the treatments you have listed are all external treatments which are generally recognised as only being helpful for mild acne. You need systemic (i.e. internal) treatment as well as topicals. If you take conventional meds, the treatment will typically be antibiotics (which are, in my opinion, useful in the short term but a bad idea long term) or Accutane (which is the treatment most suitable for severe acne, but not guaranteed to cure acne and also comes with a risk of certain side effects, sometimes severe). I assume that you are a guy and that, as such, birth control pills are not really an option.

You could also try the diet / holistic approach (see the diet/holistic forum for more information) because I number of people on there fervantly believe that acne can be cured / managed through diet. This was not my experience but you could be luckier.

I hear what you say about cost. However, if your acne is as bad as you say, I'm afraid that you will need professional help to get it under control. Can you get a part time job? Are there any public assistance programmes available? Can your parents help out? Could they get a loan? Any savings?

sorry you have to go through this crap :comfort: you never mentioned if you are seeing a dermatologist? if your not you should go to one as soon as possible, they should have some idéa what to do... from my experience its hard to fight acne only from the outside so maybe you need something like accutane anyway if it's severe, it's really not that excpensive from what i have heard... what are you using at the moment? have you tried the Clear Skin Regimen?

hugs and good luck!

If you are in the US-

I know that there are assistance programs out there for your type of situation. The only way I have heard about them is through the grapevine. I bet you could start by calling the community health clinic in your area to see if they have any information on assistance plans. Then, if you get nowhere with them, get out a phone book and call all of the dermatology clinics in your area and ask them. Usually "clinic" means that its reduced rate.

Make sure you tell them that your acne is "severe" and topicals don't help at all.

Some of these plans are sliding scale, and have to do with your income, so you will have to pay something, but not nearly what it would cost otherwise.

K

I Relize That Ill Need To See a Derm...ASAP.....Unfortunally My Acne as Seemed to gotton worse on my Face.....my Chest Acne Is Getting Better Although its pretty bad still......and my back and arms are like usually...horrible....my face is really gowing crazy on me....Its Time I went to a Derm........

I'm sorry you are going through this. Using topicals on severe acne from what I've experienced and heard from others is kind of like throwing rocks at a moving tank. If it's all you have, you have to make do, but it's not really going to do anything. If you can get to a derm, figure some way of doing that, go to one. S/he will probably put you on an antibiotic and some sort of vitamin to start. Best of luck.

Im gonna Try To Get Some Picture In Here...But as far as overal acne goes....im the worst ive seen.....my face acne is not the worst...although i would say ive only seen about 1 or 2 worse than me here....and as far as my back goes...i havent seen any worse than mine....i have upper arm acne and chest acne as well.....the upper arm and chest acne are pretty bad as well....probably not the worst...but close.....

BOTTOM LINE IS I NEED HELP!!!!! IM 17 and I Cannot Afford Accutane....Ive Tryed....Pro-Active, Acne Free Solution, Oxi Pads, Stridex, Cleaners, Scrubs, Almost Everything.....And I use Them Every Day...Many People Suffer Because They Dont Keep It Up....BUT I DO...And I still Suffer...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....HELP ME!!!

Sure you will get replies with this and that. But you're acne is too powerful. I am a pro and I say you get Accutane immediately using my step-by-step booklet here:

Money For Acne!

:ninja: