Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i just started accutane about 5 days ago (after a month and a half battle with the doctors and the iPledge system.. did anyone else have problems??) but im taking 20mg twice a day.. I was just wondering how soon before i'll start to notice a difference? Thanksss :D

Hey congrats on starting Accutane. Probably this week you will start seeing some side effects kick in, it depends on the person if you get them bad or not & how quickly your skin will clear up.

Guest runnerB

yeah, as dreamgirl said, it depends on the person. after 2.5 months of accutane, i had no active acne, but i'd say i really started to notice it clearing up about 1.5 months in.

thanks guys.. I hope it clears up before school starts in about a month and a half. Also i was wondering if anyone heard of the depresseion side effect actually happening?

Hi! Welcome!

I have heard of instances where depression has occurred, but I have found the opposite to be true. My skin is clear and accutane is like an anti-depressant. There is a lot of negative hype about accutane out there.

Its good to stay aware of this *potential* side effect, so that if it does happen you can find help asap. I also heard that its good for your family/friends to be aware of it also because they may see a difference before you do.

K