Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DRice

retin A - am I doing something wrong?

been on retin Aabout 3 months and not entirely happy. I use way more than a pea size amount, I apply every night, I use a fat finger of BP in the mornings (cheap moisturiser after the BP - been using BP for 32 days exactly) and i get BARELY ANY REDNESS OR IRRATATION at all

my acne is getting slightly better but not much, in fact , nothing much is happening apart from clear bumps on the skins surface and i constantly have about 5 zits (not the same ones admitedly they come and go in a day) and millions of clear bumps

anyway point is if i get no redness whatsoever is this thing working at all?

BP neutralizes Retin-A and interferes with its effectiveness. You should not be using them both. Just use the Retin-A.

BP neutralizes Retin-A and interferes with its effectiveness. You should not be using them both. Just use the Retin-A.

even if you wash inbetween applications and use one at night and the other in the morning?

even if you wash inbetween applications and use one at night and the other in the morning?

should be fine doing that if you wash it off

You may need a higher strength of Retin-A. I personally believe Retin-A Micro the sh-t for mild acne.

Keep in mind that the clinical trials for Retin-A Micro show that only 35% of the participants had and "excellent result." If after 3 months it's not doing anything, it probably will not do a thing.