Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, sorry to disturb, I am newbie here.

About half year ago, I started to use Epidermx Microdermabrasion. I have been using it for a few times.

Due to overdo of it, it left me two holes on my forehead and the skin on the forehead became very thin, one is in the right of forehead and the other is on the left side of the forehead. The holes are not very deep, it cant be easily seen if I see it in wrong angles. Some of friends could not see although I pointed to them. The holes are about 4cm in diameter each. I am so sad about it.

I am 24 years old with sensitive skin type. I was told that there is no cure to my problem above as we know that forehead is not easily to recover because the skin on forehead is thinner compared to other parts of our face. I live in despair for the past few months and I dont know where can I get help, although people could not see the holes easily, but i live in blaming myself for my fault of causing these two holes.

After half years went by, the holes still can be seen by me in particular angles.

I would like to do something so that the holes can be improved. I cant live in despair forever...

I lost my direction.....

1. I know there is something lost during the microdermabrasion that caused these holes. But, I dont know what are they? cells? collagen?

2. I would like to do something to improve the holes. What products can I use? What supplements can I take? What ingredients that can help to improve?

3. Does it mean that I must use products or ingredients that can boost the renewal of new cells on the forehead so that new cells can be born on the forehead and the holes can be improved? I thought if new cells are born onto the hole, the skin on forehead becomes thicker and the holes will be improved, am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am sorry to disturb here, I promise I will do my best so that I wont disturb you all much but I really need some guidance at this very beginning.

Thank you, please..please...

Hello, sorry to disturb, I am newbie here.

About half year ago, I started to use Epidermx Microdermabrasion. I have been using it for a few times.

Due to overdo of it, it left me two holes on my forehead and the skin on the forehead became very thin, one is in the right of forehead and the other is on the left side of the forehead. The holes are not very deep, it cant be easily seen if I see it in wrong angles. Some of friends could not see although I pointed to them. The holes are about 4cm in diameter each. I am so sad about it.

I am 24 years old with sensitive skin type. I was told that there is no cure to my problem above as we know that forehead is not easily to recover because the skin on forehead is thinner compared to other parts of our face. I live in despair for the past few months and I dont know where can I get help, although people could not see the holes easily, but i live in blaming myself for my fault of causing these two holes.

After half years went by, the holes still can be seen by me in particular angles.

I would like to do something so that the holes can be improved. I cant live in despair forever...

I lost my direction.....

1. I know there is something lost during the microdermabrasion that caused these holes. But, I dont know what are they? cells? collagen?

2. I would like to do something to improve the holes. What products can I use? What supplements can I take? What ingredients that can help to improve?

3. Does it mean that I must use products or ingredients that can boost the renewal of new cells on the forehead so that new cells can be born on the forehead and the holes can be improved? I thought if new cells are born onto the hole, the skin on forehead becomes thicker and the holes will be improved, am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am sorry to disturb here, I promise I will do my best so that I wont disturb you all much but I really need some guidance at this very beginning.

Thank you, please..please...

If your friends cant see it, its okay, unlike my condition which brought laughters and mockings, apart fro strange stares

not too sure as yet indispair but first thing i suggest is that you try thicken up your skin. Copper Peptides apparently re-model, strengthen skin and thicken it. If I were you I would intially concentrate on getting my skin back to a more normal level of thickness first. Stay away from anything that could thin it further such as retins and peels.

Indespair, I too have used the Epidermix microdermabrasion cream (maybe about 4 or 5 times total, spaced one week apart) and found that it seemed to really deteriorate the texture on the left side of my face (i'm not sure why the right side wasn't affected at all). My left side had a few rolling scars but not too bad. Since doing the microdermabrasion cream, I have new small scars, not too deep or big, but definitely there, and my pore size seems to have increased on that side. I just wonder about the benefit of scrubbing away at your skin with these harsh creams that don't seem to do much and in fact may weaken the skin. I stopped using the cream a few months ago but really regret, as you do, having tried it at all.

I've been using Retin-A micro to try to promote collagen (takes a long time though) to try to get my skin back to the way it was before the Epidermix. I understand how difficult it is when you feel like you caused something yourself and just wish you could turn back time and decide not to do that. I guess that's how life is and the best thing to do is look how to correct the mistake but also try not to dwell on it and let it pull you down.

Could you post a picture of what you're talking about? Does it look like an acne scar or something else? It just might help to be able to see it and point you in a better direction.

not too sure as yet indispair but first thing i suggest is that you try thicken up your skin. Copper Peptides apparently re-model, strengthen skin and thicken it. If I were you I would intially concentrate on getting my skin back to a more normal level of thickness first. Stay away from anything that could thin it further such as retins and peels.

Hi, Pff, thanks for your reply.

May I know in what products I could find Copper Peptides?

Thanks for your advice, what should I do to thicker my skin on foreheads? Could you please suggest me?

Yes, I didnt use any harsh products as I have sensitive skin. I use gentle products generally.

Indespair, I too have used the Epidermix microdermabrasion cream (maybe about 4 or 5 times total, spaced one week apart) and found that it seemed to really deteriorate the texture on the left side of my face (i'm not sure why the right side wasn't affected at all). My left side had a few rolling scars but not too bad. Since doing the microdermabrasion cream, I have new small scars, not too deep or big, but definitely there, and my pore size seems to have increased on that side. I just wonder about the benefit of scrubbing away at your skin with these harsh creams that don't seem to do much and in fact may weaken the skin. I stopped using the cream a few months ago but really regret, as you do, having tried it at all.

I've been using Retin-A micro to try to promote collagen (takes a long time though) to try to get my skin back to the way it was before the Epidermix. I understand how difficult it is when you feel like you caused something yourself and just wish you could turn back time and decide not to do that. I guess that's how life is and the best thing to do is look how to correct the mistake but also try not to dwell on it and let it pull you down.

Could you post a picture of what you're talking about? Does it look like an acne scar or something else? It just might help to be able to see it and point you in a better direction.

Hi, Blinny, thanks, I appreciate your reply.

Do you mean it is the collagen loss that caused the holes?

Did the Retin-A micro helps you in promoting collagen? I know it takes time. How long you take to see results?

I thought Retin-A micro is a harsh thing? it will worsen the condition?

I dont know what should I do to correct my mistakes now... I am new to this field, but I know I must do something...

I attached my forehead photos here. As you can see, there are two holes, one on the left and the other on the right side.

2. I would like to do something to improve the holes. What products can I use? What ingredients that can help to improve?

I could not continue living in despair like the past few months, I hope I could do something to improve it, at least to improve it....

[attachmentid=5382][attachmentid=5381]

post-44456-1154338768_thumb.jpg

post-44456-1154338810_thumb.jpg

post-44456-1154338768_thumb.jpg

post-44456-1154338810_thumb.jpg

I can't imagine that microdermabrasion did that to you. You would see a larger, all-over effect from MD, I'd think. I can really only see the one on the right (your left) and it looks like an old chicken pox scar.

I have a "dent" in the middle of my forehead exactly like that. It is from my lovely younger brother throwing his car keys at me when we had a fight (we were 16 and 20 respectively). I do microdermabrasion for aging, not acne scars, and it hasn't worsened at all. I've been told the only thing that would help it is collagen, as a subcision wouldn't help much there. It needs filler.

I wear bangs and no one ever notices my dent. I have to wrinkle my forehead to point it out to my brother and make him feel bad. :razz:

That depression is too round to be just from a general thinning of skin.

Good luck.

I can't imagine that microdermabrasion did that to you. You would see a larger, all-over effect from MD, I'd think. I can really only see the one on the right (your left) and it looks like an old chicken pox scar.

I have a "dent" in the middle of my forehead exactly like that. It is from my lovely younger brother throwing his car keys at me when we had a fight (we were 16 and 20 respectively). I do microdermabrasion for aging, not acne scars, and it hasn't worsened at all. I've been told the only thing that would help it is collagen, as a subcision wouldn't help much there. It needs filler.

I wear bangs and no one ever notices my dent. I have to wrinkle my forehead to point it out to my brother and make him feel bad. :razz:

That depression is too round to be just from a general thinning of skin.

Good luck.

Hi, MeredithC, thank you for your reply.

No, I didnt mean the hole on the left side of my forehead, it was left by chicken pox since I was small and I didnt mean this.

I mean the two holes, each hole is 4cm in diameter, one hole is on the right and the other is on the left. Could you see them?

Could you please tell me what are "bangs"?

Do you mean it is the "collagen loss" that caused the skin thinning and then caused the holes on my forehead? Is it?

You mean by using products, we could not fill the collagen, we need to do some surgery, is it? Sorry, I am unfamiliar with beauty field as I am new, please forgive me.

And again, please forgive me, I dont udnerstand your last sentence "That depression is too round to be just from a general thinning of skin." Could you please elaborate? I am sorry.

Ok, I guess I can't see the "holes" very well. I thought you were talking about the chicken pox scar (that's what it looked like to me). Did you do the dermabrasion yourself? Did you hold the abrader in one place? I don't really understand.

Two large areas on each side of the forehead?? I could barely see these "depressions".

I've never heard of anything like this.

Sorry I can't help more.

Bangs are the part of my hairstyle that cover my forehead. My scar is a real "scar" and not a depressed area. I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Hi, MeredithC, thank you for your kind reply, thanks.

Is there anyone could tell me is it the collagen or cell lost that caused the thinning of skin like mine and thus caused the holes?

I hope to know the causes before I could find any solution to improve the two holes, please... I beg for your opinion...

What are the causes of skin thinning?

What can I do to thicker the skin on the holes on my forehead?

Hi, MeredithC, thank you for your kind reply, thanks.

Is there anyone could tell me is it the collagen or cell lost that caused the thinning of skin like mine and thus caused the holes?

I hope to know the causes before I could find any solution to improve the two holes, please... I beg for your opinion...

What are the causes of skin thinning?

What can I do to thicker the skin on the holes on my forehead?

Its collagen that your body produced and sent to the affected area so quickly that it really didnt care what the end product looked like, as long as the wound was healed. There is really no "loss" of anything, its not like wrinkles. I cant even see the scars u r referring to (other than the chicken poc scar). But since it bothers you so much, maybe read up on tca cross or needling, good luck.

Also, if you want to do something a little less abrasive, then you might want to do a search on camellia oil. There are several people who have claimed that the oil alone helped them completely fill in pitted scars, they said it took up to a year, using it day and night, but it worked for them. Do a search on google and this message board to see the reviews. Also, a prescription topical called tazorac is supposed to stimulate collagen production and help w/ scarring. There are a few people here who have had success w/ that, so research that as well. Good Luck!

Hi I have 2 small depression scars and I have been using Copper peptides and Tazorac For about 2 months. The scars are about 60% better. I am very amazed. The only bad thing about copper peptides is they tend to make you break out for about a month. My pores in my scars also have a bluish tint due to the Copper peptide serum. I have been using the CP seum and Tazorac on 1 chicken pox scar and 2 small indents from lasers. Yesterday a friend said all three scars are almost gone. So far i am very happy with my progress. It is so hard to stick with the CP serum and Tazorac because both make you break out at first and now I am peeling like crazy. I am chillin on the Taz for a bit. Anything that will help will take time. Usually I do not stick with anything this long but I read the studies on CP serum and it seemed like it could work.

Sorry, I have two more simple questions, really sorry.

1. The holes were caused by skin thinning and skin thinning was caused by collagen, is it?

2. So, in order to fill the hole, I must make the skin thicker and fill the hole with collagen, is it?

Thank you.

1. The holes were caused by skin thinning and skin thinning was caused by collagen, is it?

2. So, in order to fill the hole, I must make the skin thicker and fill the hole with collagen, is it?

Thank you.

I can't see the holes either, indespair. I keep looking but can't see anything besides the old chicken pox mark. My feeling is leave it alone, and don't look at it for a long long time. It may heal up on its own and you'd be better off than trying more things and making the holes which I can't see actually become more visible. I have done this with my skin many times. I stare at it and obsess to the point where I have to do something about it. Then I try all sorts of things not really knowing what I'm doing and my skin ends up worse off than when I first started. And then I realized that the imperfections I so obsessively focused on in the first place really were nothing to worry about and I wish I hadn't touched my skin. I know it's easier said than done, but if no one can really see the holes you're talking about, than I think you should just try to leave it alone at least for a while.

I can't see those "holes" either. But after looking hard for some time, I think I know what she was referring to. Those are not really holes. Those two slightly depressed areas above her eye brows are the natural shape of her forehead. I've seen tons of people with a forehead like that - it's not all full and round. I don't think there is anthing you can do about that, except to get a plastic surgeon to restrcture it.

Thank you.

I can't see the holes either, indespair. I keep looking but can't see anything besides the old chicken pox mark. My feeling is leave it alone, and don't look at it for a long long time. It may heal up on its own and you'd be better off than trying more things and making the holes which I can't see actually become more visible. I have done this with my skin many times. I stare at it and obsess to the point where I have to do something about it. Then I try all sorts of things not really knowing what I'm doing and my skin ends up worse off than when I first started. And then I realized that the imperfections I so obsessively focused on in the first place really were nothing to worry about and I wish I hadn't touched my skin. I know it's easier said than done, but if no one can really see the holes you're talking about, than I think you should just try to leave it alone at least for a while.

Hello, Blinny, thanks for your advice.

The depressed areas looked very dry and thin. So, I would like to know what ingredients should I put so that the depressed areas can be thicker and looked more moisturise.

Any advice, Please?

I dont honestly see how u could get pox scars from microderm. I had microderms and facials one week after ending accutane use and all they did was make my face a little healthier looking. Did u rub and rub and rub the spot raw?

U also do not make your skin thin from rubbing skin off it either. Only thing that truly thins the skin; is retinoids oral or topical.

Hi, masterk, as I stated in the above posts:

1. I didnt mean the chicken pox hole, I get this since small.

2. I didnt blame the product, I said it may be caused of my over-doing.

I just hope to improve the two depressed areas.

I can't see those "holes" either. But after looking hard for some time, I think I know what she was referring to. Those are not really holes. Those two slightly depressed areas above her eye brows are the natural shape of her forehead. I've seen tons of people with a forehead like that - it's not all full and round. I don't think there is anthing you can do about that, except to get a plastic surgeon to restrcture it.

Hi, Lanatlj, thank you very much for your post.

The depressed areas are caused by my over-doing of microdermabrasion, I am sure.

The depressed areas have very dull and thin skin. They looked very dry too.

1. What ingredients should be avoided so that I wont make the condition worse?

2. What ingredients should I use to make the skin at depressed areas become thicker and more moisturise?

Please, please give some opinions......

I am terribly sad on what I have done, I am the one to be blamed, cant live in depress and self blaming all the time....Just hope I can do something to improve the conditions.

Please...any opinion is welcome and appreciated

1. What ingredients should be avoided so that I wont make the condition worse?

2. What ingredients should I use to make the skin at depressed areas become thicker and more moisturise?

Please, please give some opinions......

I am terribly sad on what I have done, I am the one to be blamed, cant live in depress and self blaming all the time....Just hope I can do something to improve the conditions.

Please...any opinion is welcome and appreciated

I dont honestly see how u could get pox scars from microderm. I had microderms and facials one week after ending accutane use and all they did was make my face a little healthier looking. Did u rub and rub and rub the spot raw?

U also do not make your skin thin from rubbing skin off it either. Only thing that truly thins the skin; is retinoids oral or topical.

Actually, I believe that retinoids (from all that I've ever read and researched) thicken the skin over time. I've never read anything contrary to that but I do agree with you that you don't thin your skin from rubbing or exfoliating it. Skin will just keep growing back. However, sun damage and age does thin the skin. And that can start becoming apparent in your twenties but not as much as you might begin to see in your thirties.

Actually, I believe that retinoids (from all that I've ever read and researched) thicken the skin over time. I've never read anything contrary to that but I do agree with you that you don't thin your skin from rubbing or exfoliating it. Skin will just keep growing back. However, sun damage and age does thin the skin. And that can start becoming apparent in your twenties but not as much as you might begin to see in your thirties.

your wrong they thin the skin while u use them.

Do you mean anything related to Vitamin A such as Vitamin A oil can thin our skin? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Is it the collagen lost or fatty acid lost or cell lost that caused me the depressed areas like holes? Actually, what is lost that caused me as pictureds attached?

Or until now research also does not know what are the causes????

Can you all please tell me?Please

Collagen is too big to go through your skin, so there's not much you can do about that. Have you seen a dermatologist?