Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using zinc citrate from the vitaminshoppe for the last five months and this is what happened:

my body acne has completely cleared up. However my face has improved but I am still breaking out.

Do you think it is just a matter of time before my face clears up too, or this is the best I will get from using Zinc for acne. Your response will be greatly appreciated.

I've been taking ZMA for it's anabolic effect.

However, and this may be placebo, but it seems like some of my scars have healed and I remember reading about zinc promoting recovery.

its hard to say what you should be able to expect, but i have been using zinc with good results so far (here). i still get the odd zit but nothing like before.. so its definitely having a positive effect. personally from experience i have found that it seems to be easier to clear up body acne than facial acne so dont lose hope

How many milligrams of zinc did you take? I just got some today, mine are 50mg. So we'll see how this works!!

I have taken ZMA for around a year on and of, I have found scars healing - how much this is to do with zinc im unsure as I take other stuff that may help removing scars like wheatgrass.

Off the top of my head I think Zinc is probably effective because of it action on the testosterone breakdown DHT hormone, which is implicated in acne.