Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joel

Remote linking in signatures has been disabled

The Acne.org Admins have decided to disallow remote linking (outside Acne.org) in signatures. All existing remote links have been removed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

may i ask why? if it is not linking to anything objectionable.. does it really matter?

I really want to keep the site and messageboards as free of ads as possible. To that end, we decided to disable links in signatures.

the mods already did a fine job before removing ads with spam etc

why the rule change? is myspace really that harmful linking it or some other links

makes no sense.

Is that what happened to the photo album link I had in my signature?

Just to share with you, my link was for a very detailed and sharing Fraxel photo album & blog. Dozens of members in that famous Fraxel thread in the Scar treatment forum have thanked me over and over again for as it helps them decide yay or nay. And I think that's important stuff when it comes to medical treatments. You can see the posts for yourself.

Can't my link be pre-approved or something? People and lurkers in that thread are following my Fraxel treatments and I'm scheduled for the 4th one.

My link actually helped people. :(

My Fraxel Photos

You do keep an excellent log, Annie. pff... as well keeps a terrific log off-site that she linked to in her sig. It seems that excessive linking to MySpace and Liberty Hell did us in, but the scar treatment folks catch the short end of the stick on this one. OursFan kept a terrific off-site log; I'm sure there are others I'm missing, too. It's not like people were trying to sell anything with their photo logs. You could always try hosting your log here, but obviously this isn't the only site or forum that the members here visit, and why should we be required to refer people here to see our log when we aren't allowed to refer the people here anywhere else? It seems a wee bit one-sided. I understand wanting to control spam, but this is sort of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I just hope they don't start deleting the links contained in our logs that are hosted here. I continually get asked where I get the products I use and all the links are in my log; plus, I would never have found these things in the first place if it was not for links that other members had posted, along with reviews and their own experiences using these products.