Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if anyone has had any reactions to creatine? I have had acne for a long

time.. but seems to get worse when I use creatine. I love the effects of it as it helps me

build muscle and recover faster, but then I get painful lesions on my back and chest. I thought

this stuff was supposed to be safe? :think:

There have been reports of Creatine worsening acne. What type of creatine do you take monohydrate/ethyl ester? brand? sometimes you find if you change one may effect you less. Some of the crap they mix it will too can have an effect on acne.

Consider other suppliments to replace creatine anyway, long term use even with regualar breaks can increase pressure on the liver anyway. Whey protein?

Guest WolfPleb

There have been reports of Creatine worsening acne. What type of creatine do you take monohydrate/ethyl ester? brand? sometimes you find if you change one may effect you less. Some of the crap they mix it will too can have an effect on acne.

Rats, I've just started on creatine. Haven't noticed anything yet.

Whey protein?

I'm not 100% sure, but it looked to me like whey seemed to break me out.

Trouble is with bodybuilding stuff, almost anything anabolic will raise testosterone (even exercise), and there seems to be links between testosterone and acne (acne is associated with DHT a metabolite of testosterone, atleast in men.)

YMMV.

I've been on creatine for 2 and a half months now, trying out a 3 month cycle. (Specifically, GNC's "Creadrive" brand and GNC's chewable creatine tablets). I've felt that its made me break out terribly on my back.

Anyway, I'll be coming off of it in 2 weeks and I'll post my results as time progresses.

GNC IS A RIP OFF GO TO YOUR LOCAL NUTRITION STORE AND YOU CAN TALK DOWN THE PRICE.....ALWAYS, AS FAR AS THE CREATINE I WAS TAKING TEN GRAMS OF MONOHYDRATE ON WORK OUT DAYS, IVE BEEN OFF FOR TWO DAYS, DONT NOTICE ANY GOOD CHANGE, ILL KEEP YOU POSTED