Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

When I had an eating disorder I didnt have acne...

Last year I had an obsession to stay super thing and it lasted about 4 months untill I caved in to my eating desires. During that time when I ate almost nothing I had almost NO acne.. and now that I've started eating again and I have acne I feel vey tempted to stop eating..

Whatever you do, avoid suger... For me, that is what caused my acne... I don't even eat fruit anymore!

Whatever you do, avoid suger... For me, that is what caused my acne... I don't even eat fruit anymore!

^Same with me with sugar. My grandparents said that salt is essential, but sugar isn't. Whenever I eat at their house or cabin, I eat cookies, ice cream, too more dairy and more so I know that all of that breakouts me out TERRIBLY. I'll go from clear skin to huge whiteheads and blackheads.

^Same with me with sugar. My grandparents said that salt is essential, but sugar isn't. Whenever I eat at their house or cabin, I eat cookies, ice cream, too more dairy and more so I know that all of that breakouts me out TERRIBLY. I'll go from clear skin to huge whiteheads and blackheads.

Just eat fat after sugar to stabalize the spike in blood sugar levels.. I eat TONS of sugar (all from fruit) and don't break out.. Just eat healthy fats right after like brazil nuts, extra virgin olive oil, and avocado.

Fruit? I know it has sugar but I never thought it was the kind of sugar that causes acne, because I notice I break out a lot when I eat candy bars and ice cream, so I avoid those at all costs :P.. but fruit? I eat a ton of apples now and now that you've mentioned it maybe thats one of the reasons I still have acne..

Dolph:

Sugar in Fruit is in the form of fructose, which is utilized at a slower rate by the body than your standard table sugar. Also the sugar in fruit is NOT what is causing a breakout, at least not directly and not if unless you are eating more fructose than your body can handle in a day. Usually 5 servings of fruits in a day is enough for most people, but you could easily eat more than that and be fine. So unless you have a diabetic situation developing or your eating a whole bag of apples or more in a day plus other fruits, then it's not the fruit causing your acne.

Last year I had an obsession to stay super thing and it lasted about 4 months untill I caved in to my eating desires. During that time when I ate almost nothing I had almost NO acne.. and now that I've started eating again and I have acne I feel vey tempted to stop eating..

o same. i still stop eating almost anything everynow and again but i always eat again. i actualy told my friend i had less spots when i was starving myself and she got realy annoyed and told me it was malnutrition that caused spots and not eating food healthily. so i duno...

thing is i dont eat fruit. i hate it. i cant stand it. yuck! i eat vegetables. one of my friends says this is probably why i have acne but i think thats bullshit. i cud scoff all the disgusting bannas and apples in the world and id still look like a miniature mountain range! but yeah. wateva...

If you have a poor liver and u eat lots of sugar without fibre u will spike blood sugar levels regardless of its nature i.e. fresh apple juice or coke, this will spike sugar levels. This will cause acne.

(sugar in fruit is not used by the body any different then table sugar or a Mars bar! If eaten the fruit has FIBRE in it which lowers the rate at which it enters the blood stream)

Hormones are released to balance the blood sugar levels. If your liver canot handle this excess strain these hormones float in the blood stream to the skin. Mixing dirty blood will cause acne even more so if the blood is more acid then alkaline. Avoiding simple sugar and EATing fruit will infact slow acne down but u still need to work on ur liver. Once ur liver is stronger u can handle sugar rushes better and in theory eat what the hell u like. Remember the liver pures the blood when you sleep...u ever notice u get more acne after u wake up?

well sometimes i notice my acne has gone after i sleep. but anyway...

what you're saying about liver. How do you get your liver "stronger"?

Is that why people "flush" it?

and people have also said that having crappy intestines and digestive system can also cause it. good sign is if ur constipated. how are u meant to resolve that? take laxatives all the time?

and just incase this is what you thought i dont eat fast food or humungus amounts of sweets. i eat hardly any sweets or cakes and all that and i dont have microwaveable dinners either! i eat bread and fluff, that contains fibre right?

well sometimes i notice my acne has gone after i sleep. but anyway...

what you're saying about liver. How do you get your liver "stronger"?

Is that why people "flush" it?

and people have also said that having crappy intestines and digestive system can also cause it. good sign is if ur constipated. how are u meant to resolve that? take laxatives all the time?

and just incase this is what you thought i dont eat fast food or humungus amounts of sweets. i eat hardly any sweets or cakes and all that and i dont have microwaveable dinners either! i eat bread and fluff, that contains fibre right?

Yes acne does fade when u sleep as ur blood cleans and ur body rebuilds and makes new skin etc so it does cure it sleeping.

Yes the deal is this. If ur bowels are slow (less then 1 or 2 movments a day) then the food u eat is rotting in ur body longer than it needs to...this causes acne aswell.

Flushing the liver will not help if ur bowels will not expel the stones and toxins fast enough so u have to 'cure' the bowels and make them stronger first of. Once the bowels are clean..then u rebuild it so its 100%....then u flush the liver removing all toxins and stones...THEN u rebuild the liver...if u dont rebuild the liver it will not be any use to u, u need to take herbs to heal the liver. Getting it back to 80-100% power will mean u only need 6 hours sleep per night and u will wake up with more energy then ud ever think.

Bread is good and bad yes it wont spike the blood (unless its white bread) and fibres useful but its hard to digest for the body. To long to explain y.

god dammit I know my acne isnt that bad but I soooooo wish I could go back to those days of being care free and eating whatever the hell I wanted to.. :( I miss candy bars, pancakes, cake, and I could go on and on...

god dammit I know my acne isnt that bad but I soooooo wish I could go back to those days of being care free and eating whatever the hell I wanted to.. :( I miss candy bars, pancakes, cake, and I could go on and on...

Im more then with you on that...eating a acne free diet is hard work, its not easy and u can crave odd food the longer you are away from it...however a spurge of junk here and there aint as bad as it sounds...3 steps forward and 2 steps back will make a big difference.