Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pushing Up Roses

Pooooores

Hey yall. I'm 21 years old, and have just recently starting getting acne. I had it when I was 14 or 15 right after my Dad passed, but it healed after the stress levels went down. My acne is healing again (somewhat) but it leaves me with these HUGE pores. Actually, I don't know if they are enlarged pores or pockmarks. Can anyone enlighten me on this? What do pock marks actually look like?

-Sarah

Hey yall. I'm 21 years old, and have just recently starting getting acne. I had it when I was 14 or 15 right after my Dad passed, but it healed after the stress levels went down. My acne is healing again (somewhat) but it leaves me with these HUGE pores. Actually, I don't know if they are enlarged pores or pockmarks. Can anyone enlighten me on this? What do pock marks actually look like?

-Sarah

TO: sarah

Pockmarks or ice pick scars appear exactly as they sound. A generally small indentation but not necessarily small, caused by nodulular acne (the deep seated acne which has decided to plant its roots in you) but I think any mis-treatment of the skin, neglect and improper popping methods will often lead to scarrrrrring. I have one by my hairline above/on my forehead. It is really old, but surely caused by lack of patience in my younger years. I think there are treatments out there for scarring but I myself chosen not to invest any money to have flawless skin just yet. the alternative would be to cover them [HUGE pores] up with makeup, i don't know what's less authentic, expensive procedures/creams or face painting. Alas! after all, i'm me and though I sometimes dream of being a pretty boy, ill have to keep...

d r e a m i n g :yinyang:

BTW: I've read from this site that astringents can temporarily minimize the appearance of large pores "'The alcohol in the products [astringents] cause the capillaries to dilate and the tiny erectile muscles of the pores to tighten...[however, some] astringents actually encourage oil glands to over-produce oil, leading to an increase in the size of pores." I'm thinking maaybe your astringent isn't alcohol-free? There are some good alcohol free witch hazel products out there that are pretty refreshing. Sometimes simple is better.

-Sarah

TO: sarah

Pockmarks or ice pick scars appear exactly as they sound. A generally small indentation but not necessarily small, caused by nodulular acne (the deep seated acne which has decided to plant its roots in you) but I think any mis-treatment of the skin, neglect and improper popping methods will often lead to scarrrrrring. I have one by my hairline above/on my forehead. It is really old, but surely caused by lack of patience in my younger years. I think there are treatments out there for scarring but I myself chosen not to invest any money to have flawless skin just yet. the alternative would be to cover them [HUGE pores] up with makeup, i don't know what's less authentic, expensive procedures/creams or face painting. Alas! after all, i'm me and though I sometimes dream of being a pretty boy, ill have to keep...

d r e a m i n g :yinyang:

BTW: I've read from this site that astringents can temporarily minimize the appearance of large pores "'The alcohol in the products [astringents] cause the capillaries to dilate and the tiny erectile muscles of the pores to tighten...[however, some] astringents actually encourage oil glands to over-produce oil, leading to an increase in the size of pores." I'm thinking maaybe your astringent isn't alcohol-free? There are some good alcohol free witch hazel products out there that are pretty refreshing. Sometimes simple is better.

Thank you, I think I just had an epiphany. I think I have scarred pores, not LARGE pores, which is maybe why even astringents don't seem to affect them. Thank you for your help. :)

-Sarah