Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eisley

advice for my skin??

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these red marks and redness in general?

the redness is pretty bad. the pictures dont do it justice.

i had 3 photofacials with VERY minimal results.

i have a little active acne in these pics, but it's the first time i've broken out in awhile.. most of the red marks are old.

any ideas would help... thanks! :D

NOTE: first picture in room lighting, second picture in natural lighting, third picture is my "good side" ha

[attachmentid=5361][attachmentid=5362][attachmentid=5363]

post-44377-1154212642_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154212803_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154212905_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154212642_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154212803_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154212905_thumb.jpg

I hardly see any redmarks or acne, your skin is beautiful as it is! Man i'd kill to have such clear skin. You could try bio-oil or an aspirin mask (I've never used them but i've heard good results from them for red marks!) In time your redmarks will fade and a bit of concealer will cover them up while they heal.

yeah i know it doesn't look so bad in the pictures. but after i wash my face the marks totally turn bright red, as does the rest of my face, and it takes an hour or two to calm down. i am just looking for something to decrease the redness of my face in general... as well as my marks. thanks for the ideas!

anymore suggestions? :shifty:

it took a lot for me to post these pics on here... doesn't anyone have suggestions?

puh-leeeeaaase?

why dont you use eucerin calming lotion,or something like that. its their newer line i think. my mom uses it on her BRIGHT red face (she goes overboard with hydroquinone/tretinon) and it does make it less red--tho not totally, but then again she started with really red face. i bet it would work really great on you since i just cant imagine your face being really really red (i know you may claim it, but i bet theres a lot of personal bias tucked in somewhere).

dont worry too much about your remarks...you have really great skin--redmarks or no redmarks :)

looks like your sleeping on one side. replacing pillow sleep every night can help and try not to mush your face into the pillow not good for the pores.

you know it's weird, because the side that breaks out is the side i DON'T sleep on... infact i make sure not to sleep on it. i was always baffled by that. i dont know what the reason for only breaking out on one side of my face could be besides that. odd. but i am very conscious of never ever sleeping on that side of my face.

thanks tho!

i am considering having vbeam or fraxel done...

which would you suggest for my skin?

thanks guys!

Guest nec77

vbeam or pulse dye laser, not fraxel! you could try a glycolic peel. also applying a vitamin-c serum or vitamin e (from capsules) would probably work. umm 'palmers cocoa butter swivel stick' might help too (i would just put this on the red marks- it says its for blemishes, some people said cocoa butter broke them out, so id be carfeful).

vbeam or pulse dye laser, not fraxel! you could try a glycolic peel. also applying a vitamin-c serum or vitamin e (from capsules) would probably work. umm 'palmers cocoa butter swivel stick' might help too (i would just put this on the red marks- it says its for blemishes, some people said cocoa butter broke them out, so id be carfeful).

[/quote

thanks for the reply nec77!

may i ask why you suggested i stay away from fraxel?

also, what is the difference between the vbeam and pulse dye laser?

thanks again! :D

Guest nec77

vbeam is the name of the laser (i believe) but its a type of pulse dye laser. i just know that vbeam and pulse dye lasers are for red marks. i also heard exercising makes your skin heal faster.

fraxel is more for scars and its expensive!!

hmm i think that would irritate my skin, because it's pretty sensitive, and i have mild breakouts every once in a while. but for some reason i am still tempted to try it... and anything else for that matter, haha.

thanks nec77 for all your input. it's nice to have other people on this board who are actually interested in helping others, instead of just recieving help. you're awesooooome!

PS i'm looking into the MaMa lotion right now... what do you think about this?

PS i'm looking into the MaMa lotion right now... what do you think about this?

I have skin kind of like yours. but with more red marks. I used MaMa Lotion for months but had to stop because it's kind of expensive. I really like it, it makes your skin peel the first week or so, but then you get used to it. It helped my red marks slowly but surely and definitely tightened up my pores. Its worth it if you can afford it.

Good luck

Eisely - I, too, think it's very weird that the side I've had the most acne problems with is the side I do NOT sleep on.

I'm thinking about investing in the Eucerin calming lotion... But, hot damn, that stuff is expensive!

If you use peels, use sunscreen. It's probably more cost effective to apply it once every few days to a week because it does something to encourage skin growth and it removes old skin. Skin takes a while to grow back, so don't apply it every day.

MaMa lotion is expensive and on the weaker spectrum of AHAs. But you do apply it to your skin and let it sit, so it can effectively be strong. I bet there's an immitation out there or just Malic/Mandelic acid that's inexpensive.

thanks for all the replies :D

i am going to give delna's regimen a shot for a few weeks... see if i notice any improvement.

[might as well, since it's so cheap]

if that doesn't work i think i'll try mama lotion for a bit.

and then maybe onto the more expensive things (peels, laser, WHATEV..)

[i'm just scared that harsh treatment will aggravate my mild acne. eek!]

think this is a good approach?