Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

Best Way to Close Pores.. Excision or TCA Cross??

Anyone had success or otherwise trying to rid themselves of noticable pores here and there via excision or TCA Cross? One would assume since the excision would only require a single stitch, the residual scar would be non-existent. Please post your experiences.

If you're just struggling with big pores, I would recommend using Tazorac or CP serum as both of these made my skin look so smooth and the pores a lot tighter. You have to put up with the initial peeling though, but once your skin is used to it, you won't peel as much. I dunno about TCA cross but I def would not recommend excision for closing an enlarged pore. It takes several months for the redness to go away, and you have lumpiness under the skin for a while until things level out. For a while, it will stick out like a pimple. And that is assuming if everything goes well, which is not exactly guaranteed with excisions.

It's up to you, I guess. You should ask your derm if it is a good idea. Healing from an excision is a long process, and I honestly don't think it is worth the risk just for a large pore. Please look into less invasive procedures first. Best of luck to you!

i had a tca cross test done on a large pore and it just made it wider. It worked fine on the rolling scars but no the pore. If you decide to try tca on your pores i suggest a test patch on 3 areas then see how it has responded 6 - 8 weeks down the line.

I think if you're talking about a few large scarred pores that will require only a 1mm excision, that would be the fastest way to go. Of course if you're talking about many scarred pores or just large pores, it would be impractical to excise them all. Excise the largest ones, and have a plan to treat the rest over time.

i have found mama lotion to be the best in helping to tighten my pores. it has reduced them about 80 percent, and results they say are permenent.

I think if you're talking about a few large scarred pores that will require only a 1mm excision, that would be the fastest way to go. Of course if you're talking about many scarred pores or just large pores, it would be impractical to excise them all. Excise the largest ones, and have a plan to treat the rest over time.

I agree with this provided you go to an EXCELLENT doctor who is specialized in this procedure.

i had a tca cross test done on a large pore and it just made it wider. It worked fine on the rolling scars but no the pore. If you decide to try tca on your pores i suggest a test patch on 3 areas then see how it has responded 6 - 8 weeks down the line.

How do you treat your rolling scars with tca cross?isn't rolling scars too big of an area to be treated with TCA cross?

For God knows how many times I said this. Better not do TCA Cross on Scarred pores. the pores are too small to do it well. Scarred pores are easily made unnoticeable by fraxel or rid of by more ablative resurfacing. TCA Cross would likely leave a wider scar. Unless you got the really thin toothpick. Even so you need a really good pair of eyes. Even so the acid will likely burn the pores bigger. Trust me I did it on one of my pores.

Holeleyface, you say you used TCA cross on very small pores (cheek are next to nose?) and you mentioned in another thread you used 100%.

I have a few pores of 1mm size. They're easier to threat with a sharpened tootpick without touching healthy skin. Also, it seems 50% TCA cross is alot safer for CROSS'ing pores.

How do you treat your rolling scars with tca cross?isn't rolling scars too big of an area to be treated with TCA cross?

Dont really know how Dr.Chu treats them, i guess the same way for other scarring. All i know is it seems to be working for some stubborn scars.

I agree with holeyface in that i think tca cross is not great on pores, my test results on three pores produced wider scars.

i have found mama lotion to be the best in helping to tighten my pores. it has reduced them about 80 percent, and results they say are permenent.

Where can u buy this mama lotion do you have to order it? Or can U buy it in a store