Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So.. I've always taken those as post red marks... but now... I'm not so sure...

I would say I'm pretty much clear now... I think I just have naturally big pores or something.

But I don't think the redness is natural.

Does anyone have an idea what this is?

Or it could just be post acne marks.

Or just redness.

The pic is moderate. On days when it's hot and my face gets red, it's much more noticable... and well it's more noticable in certain lighting than others.

My skin goes extremely red sometimes. And I mean bright red. Just mi cheeks though and I think its due to the harsh BP i used to apply to them(I dont anymore!!).

I was thinkng of applying aloe Vera to them to try minimize the redness . has anyone else tried this?

Looks like both to me. The area below your eye looks a bit like sunburn and the spots on your jawline seem to be red marks.

There's a possibilty it could be rosacea.

"Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin disorder that affects an estimated 13 million Americans. It occurs in both sexes and may begin in the teenage years. The most common symptoms include facial redness across the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, visibly damaged blood vessels (telangiectasia), and small red inflammatory papules. The condition develops gradually as mild episodes of facial blushing or flushing lead to a permanent red face. Individuals with fair skin, particularly those of Scottish, Irish or Celtic descent are more predisposed to rosacea, although dark-skinned individuals are not spared." http://www.drnase.com/article_1.htm

My face gets red when I go outside, workout, etc. I'm going to see a dermatolost about this soon. I'll keep you updated on what he says.

"Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin disorder that affects an estimated 13 million Americans. It occurs in both sexes and may begin in the teenage years. The most common symptoms include facial redness across the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, visibly damaged blood vessels (telangiectasia), and small red inflammatory papules. The condition develops gradually as mild episodes of facial blushing or flushing lead to a permanent red face. Individuals with fair skin, particularly those of Scottish, Irish or Celtic descent are more predisposed to rosacea, although dark-skinned individuals are not spared." http://www.drnase.com/article_1.htm

My face gets red when I go outside, workout, etc. I'm going to see a dermatolost about this soon. I'll keep you updated on what he says.

Disagree! She's way too young for rosacea and it would be the mildest case I've ever seen. Rosacea is very, very rare people of Asian descent. Her skin is really, really smooth compared to anyone with rosacea. Depending on the "stuff" you've been using on your face, it's probably irritation and post-acne coloring. It's not that bad. Do you mositurize with your acne treatments?

Disagree! She's way too young for rosacea and it would be the mildest case I've ever seen. Rosacea is very, very rare people of Asian descent. Her skin is really, really smooth compared to anyone with rosacea. Depending on the "stuff" you've been using on your face, it's probably irritation and post-acne coloring. It's not that bad. Do you mositurize with your acne treatments?

You think so? You're probably right, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Many people on this board claim they have rosacea so I was partly basing my opinion off that.

You think so? You're probably right, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Many people on this board claim they have rosacea so I was partly basing my opinion off that.

WEll I don't know that I "know" a lot, but I'm older (33) and have friends with rosacea and the first thing I've noticed in their faces is texture (along with the required redness). Flushing is pretty red, and the people I've known have had strong "pink" tones to their skin. Also, the nose is usually involved, but not always.

My sister-in-law had what was considered a "mild" case and she was way redder than this poster. I don't know, only a doctor can say for sure and sometimes even they are wrong! :surprised:

Wow I really didn't expect people to answer my post but thanks!

I thought I might have rosacea but I know I'm naive and pretty ignorant at times so I went to the docter. She gave me some medication that was used to treat rosacea.

Then I went to the derm and he didn't understand why my doctor would prescribe the medication. I've been to the derm twice now and he didn't mention anything about rosacea so I know I don't have it. But sometimes I feel like he doesn't know what he's talking about... does anyone get this feeling about their derm?

And I was using Aloe Vera Gel then I lost the bottle and now I've been to lazy to find it/buy a new one.

I've also been using tazorac so I have a few theories on my red skin but like i said i'm naive..

I thought I might have rosacea but I know I'm naive and pretty ignorant at times so I went to the docter. She gave me some medication that was used to treat rosacea.

Then I went to the derm and he didn't understand why my doctor would prescribe the medication. I've been to the derm twice now and he didn't mention anything about rosacea so I know I don't have it. But sometimes I feel like he doesn't know what he's talking about... does anyone get this feeling about their derm?

And I was using Aloe Vera Gel then I lost the bottle and now I've been to lazy to find it/buy a new one.

I've also been using tazorac so I have a few theories on my red skin but like i said i'm naive..

I DO remember my face being alittle red when I was on tazorac. It seemed to go away with time however.

Probably just the Tz. It's one of the more irritating topicals. retinoids in general are pretty irritatin at first, until your skin gets used to it. Should fade in time. Just take it easy.

I would say I'm pretty much clear now... I think I just have naturally big pores or something.

Or just redness.

The pic is moderate. On days when it's hot and my face gets red, it's much more noticable... and well it's more noticable in certain lighting than others.

Hey there,

I seem to have larger pores underneither my eyes.. Is your skin naturally oily as well?

I think the red mark is just post acne..and ya, dont you just hate certain lightings : )

Or just redness.

Hey there,

I seem to have larger pores underneither my eyes.. Is your skin naturally oily as well?

I think the red mark is just post acne..and ya, dont you just hate certain lightings : )

Yeah, it's kinda disgusting but my skin looks pretty greasy during the day. Yeah it's naturally oily. It's kinda weird because I used to have really flaky skin and now there aren't flakes but huge pores and oil.

And yes. Certain lightings suck.

And are you a Youtube fan or something?