Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AstheRushComes

Would the Derm give u Accutane if u have Mild Acne?

I have acne on my cheeks and temples and whereever and very sparse on my neck. I'm willing to take it I dont care about the sideeffects I just want the acne gone period :pray: So what do I have to say for them to prescribe me accutane and is it different with each derm? Like 1 will prescribe it, but then another wont? :ninja: Thnx

If you've used anitbiotics and topical's, with no improvement and your acne is persistent the derm will probaly give it to you.Some derms dont like to give it at all.

i'm sure they ask proof of u taking antibiotics and such right? I'm in no way taking differin and all those different pills that dont seem to work for most people.

Is there a way to work around the system, what something convincing I should say for them to prescribe Accutane? Also does Accutane treat Folliculitis (however u spell it)

Why don't you try a topical retinoid first? There's no reason to go on Accutane and a doc isn't going to give it if you haven't at least tried SOMETHING else... you can't beat the system by saying "Hey, I have moderate acne but I'm lazy and just want to skip the rest of the steps because they don't work for everybody... can I have Accutane please?"

yea he did cause my face was oily and not responding with tetra for 2 months

I think accutane is a "last resort" kindof thing. Have you been following CSR? If you have, I'm surprised you haven't gotten results with your mild acne.

:D I think its worth a try but if its only mild acne that might be a little over the top. I have really mild acne myself and getting accature would seem a little crazy with no hugemongo zits you know? I totally understand about just getting rid of acne but I would try something I little easier first and use accature as a last resort kind of thing(I mean, Wouldnt it suck it didnt work as well as you wanted it to,THE BEST "Miracle Drug" Not working). Lol get my point? I'd try differin,Tazorac,Retin,Tea Oil,anything like that. :D:D