Notifications
Clear all

Burn From Tea Tree Oil:(

MemberMember
(@cry13)

Posted : 07/29/2006 4:52 pm

Hey looking for some help please. On tuesday i got a dime size burn on my chin from over treating a zit with TTO. It was then very raw...i've been drying it out during the day and polysporin at night...it has not healed yet...how long do you think the healing period for something like this normally is? Should i start to be worried...or give it more time? Any thoughts are appreciated as i'm starting to think i may have to seek medical advice:(

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 07/29/2006 5:33 pm

...I used to get that too, it took about a week and sometimes a bit more to go away. Gotta be very careful with tea tree oil, especially if use 100% pure tea tree oil like I used too.

It also gave me some sort of rash, which is the reason why I stopped using. It actually made my acne worse.

I think you'll be OK, just be careful and I would stop using it if I were you.

MemberMember
(@cry13)

Posted : 07/29/2006 6:49 pm

ok thanks...i'll wait it out another few days and if it doesn't heal i guess i'll see a doc...keeping fingers crossed

MemberMember
(@hey_you_25)

Posted : 07/30/2006 1:22 pm

Becareful with that stuff. It can be harsh to the skin at first. You might want to space it out over several days so that your skin gets used to it.

MemberMember
(@dcraze87)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:44 am

...I used to get that too, it took about a week and sometimes a bit more to go away. Gotta be very careful with tea tree oil, especially if use 100% pure tea tree oil like I used too.

It also gave me some sort of rash, which is the reason why I stopped using. It actually made my acne worse.

I think you'll be OK, just be careful and I would stop using it if I were you.

what did you guys do to help it heal? mine is not deep..no oozing, but i can def tell it took off the first layer of skin and is very very red. it looks like i got a bad chemical peel. this is awful

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/15/2012 10:04 pm

I put neosporin on mine every night and after about 4-5 days it significantly improved... just got to be patient (which is really difficult when it comes to skin)...