Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest yoyoma

50% VS 100% TCA CROSS

Guest yoyoma

Hi guys,

Question...I know some of you (and the TCA CROSS study) suggest that to be effective, TCA CROSS should be done at least at 65% or 100%.

I am wondering, if I use the 50% and it already produces a pretty significant scabbing on my skin, wouldn't that be enough, since that's the point of having a higher % of TCA?

Also I just noticed the TCA that I have has the expiration date of 5/15/06....if you were me, would you still use it?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

I've always only used 50% and had terrific results. TCA is VERY powerful stuff. Gotta be very cautious with that stuff, particularly if you havn't done invasive procedures to your face.

I would NOT use tca that has expired. I have read that it strengthens with age.....and that you could harm yourself if you let it set for a long period of time.

Guest yoyoma

Thanks Denise

No I haven't done anything yet.

Regarding letting my TCA set, it's only been about a month and a half past the expiration date, when you said that the TCA strength getting stronger, it can't possibly turn into 100% within that period, can it? :think: