Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yo ppl...just thought I say if you think ur acne is bad then walk around the burn section of ur local hospital...my dad told me to do this years back before I cured my acne to help me realise it nothing to worry about. So im 18 walking about this ward and im like hmmm ok my acne is in a different league, like a sunday pub team league. However this did the trick...it changed me and for a few weeks. The I used the net to reasearch then 2 years later I cured myself. Kapoowww! forgive my straight to the point talk...none of it is easy.

Yo ppl...just thought I say if you think ur acne is bad then walk around the burn section of ur local hospital...my dad told me to do this years back before I cured my acne to help me realise it nothing to worry about. So im 18 walking about this ward and im like hmmm ok my acne is in a different league, like a sunday pub team league. However this did the trick...it changed me and for a few weeks. The I used the net to reasearch then 2 years later I cured myself. Kapoowww! forgive my straight to the point talk...none of it is easy.

im interested to know how you "cured" yourself. and #2, seeing other peoples problems really doesn't make me feel any better. Acne aint my only problem anyway :doubt:

im interested to know how you "cured" yourself. and #2, seeing other peoples problems really doesn't make me feel any better. Acne aint my only problem anyway :doubt:

it made him realize that compared to the people in the hospital, he had it pretty fuckin good and thats a good thing to realize.

And thank your father for that day man, he helped you a lot

Yo ppl...just thought I say if you think ur acne is bad then walk around the burn section of ur local hospital...my dad told me to do this years back before I cured my acne to help me realise it nothing to worry about. So im 18 walking about this ward and im like hmmm ok my acne is in a different league, like a sunday pub team league. However this did the trick...it changed me and for a few weeks . The I used the net to reasearch then 2 years later I cured myself. Kapoowww! forgive my straight to the point talk...none of it is easy.

Are you saying you felt bad about it for about two weeks? And then moved on?

Your dad is cool and knows how to teach.

:clap:

i dont think he is trying to say that he is better than those ppl .. but that our problem with acne is miniscule compared to others ppls problems ... although there are always exceptions. Some ppls acne is so severe it looks like they may have been burned .. but i think the majority of ppl have moderate and mild acne .. so for us to complain would sound foolish and ridiculous to someone who may have burned like 70% of their body.

i didnt say that we dotn bc we do ... but i think we shouldnt take it to such extremes .. like some ppl consider suicide .. and that to me is an extreme .. and atleast acne can b treated and if there is scarring there are treatmeant .. but fo ppl who are badly burned most of the time there is not much they can do .. and some ppl are so severely scarred their faces and body are completely transformed.

that's actually a really good point. whenever i'm feeling down abouot my face my mom comforts me but then reminds me to think of a few people we know who have cancer or other health problems, etc. it really helps me to think that i don't actually have it that bad..

i didnt say that we dotn bc we do ... but i think we shouldnt take it to such extremes .. like some ppl consider suicide .. and that to me is an extreme .. and atleast acne can b treated and if there is scarring there are treatmeant .. but fo ppl who are badly burned most of the time there is not much they can do .. and some ppl are so severely scarred their faces and body are completely transformed.

It makes me sad when I think of things like this :(

I don't know..... I don't like seeing other people suffering.... And it doesn't make me feel better about myself when I do....it just makes me feel guilty for feeling bad about stupid stuff...

Anyway, if that rational worked, none of us would ever feel bad because there is ALWAYS someone who has it worse off than you.....

it made him realize that compared to the people in the hospital, he had it pretty fuckin good and thats a good thing to realize.

And thank your father for that day man, he helped you a lot

There's always someone who has it worse. Maybe one person should be the only one to be allowed to complain? It would be person who have the worst life ever.

There's always someone who has it worse. Maybe one person should be the only one to be allowed to complain? It would be person who have the worst life ever.

That will probably be a reality show at some point..... Worst Life Ever....

The people who have it the worst complain the least (in my experience). www.helpjacqui.com (not for the squeamish!! You've been warned) I'm a professional in the rehabilitation field and I've seen lots of cases that can't be compared. Tragedy is tragedy and they can't be ranked, but they can make you feel very grateful for what you have. As much as my daughter's predisposition to scarring will upset me, I am very grateful for how healthy and wonderful she is.

I think the original poster had a very good point. I've been through acne and now I will go through it again watching my daughter, but it will not be the worst thing in our lives. Even when conquered, life will still suck at times and will be wonderful most of the time.

i wonder what the world would be like if everyone could be made happier by the greater misery of others.

The people who have it the worst complain the least (in my experience). www.helpjacqui.com (not for the squeamish!! You've been warned) I'm a professional in the rehabilitation field and I've seen lots of cases that can't be compared. Tragedy is tragedy and they can't be ranked, but they can make you feel very grateful for what you have. As much as my daughter's predisposition to scarring will upset me, I am very grateful for how healthy and wonderful she is.

I think the original poster had a very good point. I've been through acne and now I will go through it again watching my daughter, but it will not be the worst thing in our lives. Even when conquered, life will still suck at times and will be wonderful most of the time.

I just clicked the link to that website on jacqui. that was a real shock for me. i feel quite bd actualy. i wud be so despairing if I was her. she's so brave. it makes me appreciate that at least i still have a chance to look normal again. and she was so pretty...

i wonder what the world would be like if everyone could be made happier by the greater misery of others.

I wasn't saying we'd be happier. I think most of us feel sadness and sympathy even if we don't do anything to help. But you CAN feel happier if you go out and help people, see the real world, and put your concerns in perspective with those of others. Everyone has to admit that cosmetic concerns (even severe) rank low compared to world issues such as hunger, poverty, and genocide.

Guest No Pride

I just clicked the link to that website on jacqui. that was a real shock for me. i feel quite bd actualy. i wud be so despairing if I was her. she's so brave. it makes me appreciate that at least i still have a chance to look normal again. and she was so pretty...

Its courage to go through that, survive, and fight on. Id be friends with her.