Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris_284

Ramping up on BP

Hello. I was just checking out the finger.html link of the site which shows how much BP to use. 2-4 weeks you want to get up to a full finger of BP, for your face area.

I've started doing it once a day, for the first 3 days, and see that i dont have sensitive skin, so 'ill be ramping that up to morning and night now.

My question is... should i stick with that initial amount already being 4 days in, so can i ramp that uo to about half a finger? Is there anything bad about possibly using too much bp at the onslaught?

If you are still in your first week, I would not ramp up too quickly. Often times people will not note the severe dryness and redness until one or two weeks down the road. If you ramp up now on day 3, it may still be too early to go to the full amount. If your skin feels fine right now, you can consider ramping up by increments, but I wouldn't jump right up to the full amount just yet. Wait a week or two and if your skin is still doing alright, you can go ahead and move to the full amount then.

edit: if you are on day 4 and doing fine on 1/4 finger, then yes you can consider moving to 1/2 finger. Is that what you meant?

edit: if you are on day 4 and doing fine on 1/4 finger, then yes you can consider moving to 1/2 finger. Is that what you meant?

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. Just adding another 1/8 of a finger of bp every 3 days or something until im up to the full amount.

Also... since I don't appear to be sensitive to the BP... I should be able to go to morning AND night right(opposed to once a day so far)?

P.S. An out of the blue "Thank You" to you Brandy... as I always see you answering people's questions and helping people out. It means more to people than one can think. :)

Yes, you can move to twice a day application now if you feel ready for that. And gradually increase the amount over the next week or two so that you are eventually at the full amount.

thank you for the kind words!