Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirstin

Shiny face while on Accutane

I am in my second month of accutane, and my face is shiny! Its not oil, its just shiny! Does this mean my skin is getting thinner or what? Did this happen to anyone else?

HEY ME TOO, I THINK ITS FROM MY MOISTIRSERS....IS IT?

I'M ON MONTH 5

Could be a possibility, but this is from no moisturizer! Do you think it could be the ceptaphil soap?

I wonder if there are other face washes we can use. I am starting to think it may be the cetaphil bc when I woke up it wasn't shiny, then I washed my face, went out and when I came back, thats when it looked shiny.

My skin is getting thinner and I wonder if this is just the look of my skin when it thins out.

I agree, its really annoying!

It's actually because your skin is dry and very thin, and the corneocytes are small, thin and regularly shaped thanks to the Accutane.....the shine you are seeing isn't caused by an emollient (from your sebum or a moisturizer)....it because it's dry.........

I've seen that when I switched to retin-a after differin. My skin was shiny immediately after washing, even though it felt tight and dry......a oil blotting cloth picked up nothing....it stayed completely light blue and didn't have one dark spot on it. So the shine isn't from oil.......it was the shine of my skin......I peeled like crazy the next day........

Dry shiny skin like that usually peels ot flakes off......

ya, I doubt it just from a moisturizer, cause my face is still slighty shiny, and I always forget to use some moisturizer.

I find that when I put makeup on, it seems to coverr up the shinyness so I'm always wearing make-up when I go outdoors.

Thanks Labgirl for your scientific view of our problem! Its so weird that dry skin would be shiny!

I agree about the makeup thing. I'm not wearing any today, so maybe that's why I am noticing it.

I guess its going to stay like this :( . I really don't like to be so shiny! This is all worth it though. It could be a good thing because maybe my skin will flake and it will soften my scars.

I think I might pick up some oil of olay moisturizer, rather than use the neutrogena stuff. If its dry, it might need some moisture to look better, but I don't want to be shiny from the moisturizer.

sorry i dont think the shiyn face is fromt he accutane i think it from my moistriser......i really do...

ok i tried to go to work without any moistirser and my face still shiny but not as shiny but still shiny.....

Labgirl was right!

The dry skin theory is true (for me), and I have proof! Three days ago I was shiny and now I am flaking!