Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPosey30311

Should I start the Regimen??

Okay so, I'm pretty much completely clear now, except for a couple whiteheads i got the other night using Differin. Ive been using Benzamyacin 2x a day and it has completely cleared me up, but my dermatologist told me I could very well likely develop an immunity to the anti-biotic and my acne would come back as bad or worse, unless I use Differin or some type of Retinoid. The problem is, I am clear, and Differin makes me break out. I dont wanan break out again! I've also read reviews on here with some people saying it never cleared them up, just kept breaking them out worse.

So, you think the regimen would be good at preventing acne? I mean, that it'd be alot easier than clearing up acne?

SHOULD I STARRRT???

Okay so, I'm pretty much completely clear now, except for a couple whiteheads i got the other night using Differin. Ive been using Benzamyacin 2x a day and it has completely cleared me up, but my dermatologist told me I could very well likely develop an immunity to the anti-biotic and my acne would come back as bad or worse, unless I use Differin or some type of Retinoid. The problem is, I am clear, and Differin makes me break out. I dont wanan break out again! I've also read reviews on here with some people saying it never cleared them up, just kept breaking them out worse.

So, you think the regimen would be good at preventing acne? I mean, that it'd be alot easier than clearing up acne?

SHOULD I STARRRT???

yes

the good thing about benzoyl peroxide is that bacteria cannot become immune to it. So while your acne might become resistant to the erythromycin portion of the benzamycin, the benzoyl peroxide portion is still there fighting the acne.

But, this decision is yours. Alot of derms do recommend using a retinoid at night and a bp product during the day.

yeah, ive been using benzamycin for a year, you think that it is already immune to the erythromyacin but that the benzoyl peroxide is now working perfectly?

yeah, ive been using benzamycin for a year, you think that it is already immune to the erythromyacin but that the benzoyl peroxide is now working perfectly?

I don't know. That would be a question for your derm to answer.

I was just saying that acne bacteria cannot become immune to benzoyl peroxide.

And since Benzamycin has bp in it, you can still benefit from it even if your acne became resistant to the erythromycin.

You might ask your derm, since he/she has seen your skin at its worst and what it is now, and see if he/she thinks you could get by with using only bp twice a day. If your acne is mild to moderate and inflammatory, you might do just fine.