Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eisley

come on SERIOUSLY

okay here goes nothin... SO, i was on accutane 3 different times which i believe to be the main cause of my scarring since i never picked at ANYTHING on my face. anywho i dont know if these pictures clearly show the extent of it all... the right side of my face is pretty even because (for whatever reason) i never get pimples there. the left side of my face is a little worse. i have shallow scars all over the sides of my face which basically just make my skin look uneven, because they aren't too red. the scarring on my cheeks is a little worse because it's just 2 big patches of red, which have been there forever and really bother me. i don't know what kind of scarring i have or if it's that bad, and i especially dont know what to do about it. all i know is that it bothers me to the point where i ALWAYS wear make-up... my bf has never seen me without it. and i don't feel comfortable going out of the house because i just worry about how my skin looks in the lighting. pathetic i know :doubt:

ANYWAYS... any suggestions would be totally appreciated. thanks guys!

[attachmentid=5351][attachmentid=5352][attachmentid=5353][attachmentid=5354][attachmentid=5356]

post-44377-1154191283_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191316_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191365_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191392_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191546_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191283_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191316_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191365_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191392_thumb.jpg

post-44377-1154191546_thumb.jpg

have you tried retin-a? you could try v-beam and maybe mild fraxel. You have very nice skin though. Your scarring is just cute

haha well i'm glad someone thinks my scars are cute.

topicals really irritate my skin since it is SO sensitive. my skin is pretty red already and that just makes it worse. those pictures are from right when i woke up so they dont do my redness justice ;)

i had a few photofacials which didn't really do a thing... i dont know about fraxel tho. i don't think i could afford it.

but i'll look into it anyways. thanks so much!

any more suggestions?

okay here goes nothin... SO, i was on accutane 3 different times which i believe to be the main cause of my scarring since i never picked at ANYTHING on my face. anywho i dont know if these pictures clearly show the extent of it all... the right side of my face is pretty even because (for whatever reason) i never get pimples there. the left side of my face is a little worse. i have shallow scars all over the sides of my face which basically just make my skin look uneven, because they aren't too red. the scarring on my cheeks is a little worse because it's just 2 big patches of red, which have been there forever and really bother me. i don't know what kind of scarring i have or if it's that bad, and i especially dont know what to do about it. all i know is that it bothers me to the point where i ALWAYS wear make-up... my bf has never seen me without it. and i don't feel comfortable going out of the house because i just worry about how my skin looks in the lighting. pathetic i know :doubt:

[attachmentid=5351][attachmentid=5352][attachmentid=5353][attachmentid=5354][attachmentid=5356]

hi eisley,

welcome! i feel your pain about wearing make-up all the time...the good news is that it doesn't look like your scars are indented. if they are, it is very minimal. your skin looks smoother than mine.

i'll keep you posted on any info i find regarding shallow scarring.

good luck and cheer up!

are u sure these are scars because they look to me as they are red marks :think:

yes they are most definitely scars... they have been there for over 2 years. as i said the picture quality is low, so you cant see most of my visible scarring. my scars are pretty shallow, but i would love to have them fixed as they make me EXTREMELY self conscious.

hi eisley,

welcome! i feel your pain about wearing make-up all the time...the good news is that it doesn't look like your scars are indented. if they are, it is very minimal. your skin looks smoother than mine.

i'll keep you posted on any info i find regarding shallow scarring.

good luck and cheer up!

yeah most of my scars are pretty shallow. but i would LOVE to hear what you find. thanks for your help!!

i had moderate persisitant acne for 5 years, and now that i finally got it somewhat under control i am left with shallow scarring and redness... all i want is some helpful suggestions. just because my scarring might not be as bad as others, doesn't mean that it makes me feel any less self conscious. so please have a heart and help me out as opposed to questioning why i'm here. i've cried over my skin countless numbers of times, and i dont need people putting me down because i dont meet their requirements of how bad scarring should be in order to post here.

thanks to anyone willing to help. :shifty:

Your right side looks pretty good! You could try TCA cross treatment on the shallow ones on the left.

It seems to rebuild the collegen and plump up the scar. It only is to be applied to the scar and not the good tissue surrounding it. From what I have been hearing a lower percentage, like 25% or so benefits better than 100% that is generally used for deeper ice pick scars, and deep pores.

I am trying this, and after 1 treatment things look slightly better. You (supposedly need like 6 - 10) to get a real good result. Some have claimed to get perfect results, some others at least 70% better!

I guess it depends on the type of scarring........

It is quite inexpensive, but you need to be careful when applying.

You could just try one or 2 to start.

Supposedly treatments are to be done 1 month apart as to not ruin the new forming collegen.......

Look it up on the net, and see if is for you!

Good luck!

EI.. your skin doesn't look as bad to me. I'm using a fade cream called epi quin. Maybe u should try it. It helps but my break outs keep occuring and i'm a habitual picker and that leads to my scars or dark marks

Emorey,

Do not pick! It is hard habit to break, usually from frustration at the acne and stress from other sources too add up.

If I never picked, I would not have had to have all the work done I have had to get my skin, good enough to live with. Now I am obscessing about afew scars left cause they are on the apples of my cheeks.

Not bad, but after all I went though, I wish for as good as I can get, and pores do split.

So I need a kinda tx. for life, to repair, and so on.

Chew nails, anything else, but try to not pick.

If something does not go away, I usually poke it with a very small needle and then apply hydrogyn peroxide to it. Usually will clear it up with out a scar, but you never know..........but much better if picking if you have like had it forever......it will look bad for a day or 2, but please try not to pick!

Try to not look in the mirror constantly and find a hobby that keeps you from obscessing.

It is hard, but try.

Good luck and try some different products that you will maybe eventually clear from.

I am using Accuzine and so far so good. Everyone is different, and needs time to adjust and see if it works for you.

I hope to hear some progress if you find something that works, and wish to know if you can stop picking.

Picking gets you nowhere, but worse.