Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

when I start eating, I can't stop, until I feel sick from being so stuffed

I try not to eat high glycemic foods, but when I don't eat sweet foods, I feel that I never get enough, and I eat giant amounts of (non-sweet) food until I feel bloated and sick. Thank god I don't gain any weight.. but I have a feeling this overeating is what's actually causing my acne, and not the sweet foods!

stop overeating. if you want sweets, then have some. nothings bad if its in moderation.

that's what I'm thinking. A good sandwich never hurt anyone, even if it has bread in it and processed meat.

yes, exactly. don't worry about what you eat, just really how much of it. its good to have a balanced diet.

If I were you, I'd go to a naturopathic doctor and tell him the symptoms. What you are describing sounds very familiar to me but I just can't place it. I knew a man that HAD to have sweets -- they had to tie him down because he would jump face first into a pie. Of course, this is not you.

Perhaps, you have a vitamin deficiency? People who are lacking one tiny vitamin will eat and eat and eat and eat... and it is a painful process. If this is really causing a problem, I'd go to a naturalopathic doctor and ask him if he had run a test on you on what vitamins you might be lacking.

There are people who carry this to an extreme example and start chewing on leather belts, tree branches and grass -- their body is telling them try everything until they get enough of it.

could be something serious, i've heard of people that just kept eating and eating and they don't feel full then suddenly they just throw up, could be an eating disorder

Feeling hungry all the time despite eating enough can be a symptom of diabetes or other metabolic disorders.

first make sure your body is getting ALL it needs, take a really good multi vitamin, fruits veggies and good fats and complex(low glycemic) carbs.

if you just dont feel full after a meal make sure the meat contains a good amount of protien and fat , this will help make you feel full.

If after that you still need to pig out, eat bananas(theyre cheap), strawberrys, and other sweet fruit.

Table sugar(sucrose) can be addicting in itself, but i think your body probably just needs something you're not giving it.

I used to get this real bad too, where i could hardly control the urge. these days my diet is so complete this rarely if ever happens to me, but sometimes i get the slight urge to pig out. When that happens i eat fruit and pumpkin pie which i will make myself with fructose(fruit sugar) and put soy protein in it so it is filling and healthy,and i will eat the whole dang thing and be proud of myself because im getting my vegetables:) i also skimp on the fructose so that it is just sweet enough.

Have you tried eating smaller bites and eating really slowly? That can make you feel fuller faster.

Your body needs time to make and send hormones to your brain to tell you when you are full and should stop eating. I work with drugs that mimic some of those hormones (there are three I can think of, four if you count how insulin is involved in the whole thing) for people who don't make those hormones properly or are deficient in them... specifically diabetics and people with morbid obesity. Not saying you have diabetes, just that those hormones have to work in order for you to feel full, and you might be able to accomplish it by eating slowly in smaller bites.

Hmm, I figured it out I think.. I wasn't eating any fat at all, but today I ate a bunch of eggs, and the hunger went away! But my body can't handle fat too well. I'm farting like every 5 minutes now

ha !! i just read your thread on the no fat diet i tried that too for a sec i thought it helped too but we need fat man what you really need to watch out for is your omega 3 6 9 ratio

thats why most nuts(too many) will break you out(well me at least) because of the omega 6 fats.

this is a cordain teaching. omega 6 are high inflammatory

saturated animal fat doesnt really affect me

trans fat is very bad

omega 3 is very good

Hmm, I figured it out I think.. I wasn't eating any fat at all, but today I ate a bunch of eggs, and the hunger went away! But my body can't handle fat too well. I'm farting like every 5 minutes now

Your body tells your brain when you've had enough calories... if you were eating all low-cal foods like veggies and fruits it would have taken a lot to make you get enough calories for your brain to trigger the "Ok, I'm full, time to stop eating" response. But going straight from no fat/protein to a lot will mess you up (hence the flatulence)... I'd add some higher-cal stuff to your meals (like a small portion of meat or some salad dressing on your veggies, or a protein bar, if you still don't want to eat meat) that might help you a lot.

oh, I've been eating meat. I'd never give up meat

Good for you! I don't understand people who think humans are supposed to be herbivores...

Well, then I'd definitely suggest salad dressing on your veggies... a tablespoon of that stuff has about 75 calories, most from fat. Could definitely help.

maybe my body "knows" what my ideal weight is supposed to be. I used to weigh 125 (which is normal for my height) but now I'm about 116 as a result of all this dieting. Maybe once I reach 120 or so, my appetite will slow down. And that's 116 in shoes by the way.

maybe my body "knows" what my ideal weight is supposed to be. I used to weigh 125 (which is normal for my height) but now I'm about 116 as a result of all this dieting. Maybe once I reach 120 or so, my appetite will slow down. And that's 116 in shoes by the way.

That's also a possibility. I know I feel like crap when I'm too skinny or too heavy... I like to hover around 130-135, and anything more than 135 or less than 130 makes me feel ill.