Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uksnowboarder

How I got rid of my bacne..

Gah! Gah! I hate my back/chest so much, it seems whatever I put on it just turns into a giant red rash :( First it happened with BP (which was unbelieveably itchy) and now H&S has done the same thing... only this time it burns. Incredibly painful. Anyone ever shave their (sensitive) underarms, then stick deodrant on too quickly? That burning sensation. All day. All over my back and chest :cry:

I'll (try to) attach a pic to show what I mean, even though it's even worse in real life... the redness has spread to my neck, and my chin is starting to peel a bit too - even though I never used it on my neck/face. I blame myself for going too quickly, when I know I have stupidly sensitive skin.

I'm going to try this, but I think I'll rinse it off at the end of my shower since I have sensitive skin. I'm concerned about a couple people mentioning that H&S contains BP since I'm allergic to it. I guess I'll just have to read the label. When I was 14 or 15 the dermatologist perscribed a strong topical medication that contained BP. My skin got really itchy from it so I eventually stopped using it. Then when I was 17 or 18 I tried Proactive(w/ BP). I started out with small to medium pimples & ended up with large, red, painful cysts. So I haven't used any products that contain BP for about 6 years. Products with 2% SA usually help me to an extent, and have never made my skin worse.

I use H2O Acne Clarifying Cleanser(for face & body) w/ SA 1.95%. It made a difference when I first started using it, but my skin seems to build up an immunity to products after time. :doh:

I end up with red marks that can last for weeks after the pimple has healed(otherwise my skin wouldn't look that bad). I've found that those scars do completely fade away after time unlike craters & scars that are lighter than the surrounding skin. Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel w/ 2.0% SA helps & only has to be left on for 5-10 minutes. I've used it on my shoulders & back. I'm hoping products with zinc like H&S will make a bigger difference.

I'm going to try taking Centrum Performance vitamin supplement once daily, also. My sister was using it for energy, but gave it to me since she can't take it while she's pregnant. Here's some of the ingredients it has that I hear help with acne:

Vitamin E 60IU 200% DV

Vitamin B6 6 MG 300% DV

Zinc 11MG 73% DV

Copper 0.9MG 45% DV

Has anyone else taken this Supplement? I'm hoping that a comination of this and the H&S will make a difference.

I'm 38 years old and have suffered from back acne when I was in my early 20's and it went away without doing anything. Now I'm in my late 30's it has come back, it's off the chart!!!! I want to cry when I look in the mirror. It's everywhere!!!! I been going to the dermo for two months and I see no change at all. I just bought the H & S tonight and I am praying it works. If not I am going on accutane!!!!!! Wish me luck

Luckily H+S is what I use for my hair anyway so I started to put it on my back and chest this morning for the first time.

After I got out of the shower my chest was red where the problem is, so I am unsure if I have had some kind of reaction to this? However my back and shoulders are their normal colour.

Anyway, I put some Aloe Vera gel on to soothe it a little bit and the redness has gone down.

I'll let you know how I get on in the coming weeks.

Holy Cow!!! I started using H & S last night and the red is fading and the acne is is drying up. I've been taking Doxy for two months with a BP body wash and they done nothing at all. I can't believe I am seeing results in such a short period of time. Oh by the way my back is really bad, I see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Good luck!

When I read on this forum about H&S from other people I thought "this is a load of bull.. how can shampoo help me if harley street derms cant???". But I was really surprised at the results.

It takes patience. Keep at it and you will see results.

i just scrub it on my chest and wash it off and in five days HUGE improvemment

H&S had decent results on my back, but made my chest worse. I'm fine with my chest as it is now, I have mild acne but it's not very red and not very often very inflamed.

Head & Shoulders has a lot of crappy ingredients in it which isn't good for your skin. The reason why it works for some people is probably because of Zinc Pyrithione.

You should try something like ZNP bar instead which has 2% Zinc Pyrithione(H&S has 1%) and is made for use on the skin.

Good luck!

hey i have bacnee, and i wanted to try this.

but i bought head and shoulders intensive care, blue bottle. it have selenium sulfide in it. Anyways i just wanted to no if anyone have used this onee? if so did it work?

also i heard that selenium sulfide is better then the zinc stuff for your acne?

well if anyone knows anything about this let me know =)

thanks so muchhh! :surprised:

So do you just like take a shower then leave the H & S on, then wash it off the next morning?

H&S worked for me for about 3 years then for some reason my backne came back.. im tryen that phisoderm SA body wash now hopefully it clears it up before vegas next month!

:dance: I bought H&S Classic Clean 4 days ago? I saw amazing results in just one night! Today was my first day I've worn a shirt that shows off my chest in yeeears! Felt so good ^^ thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi everyone, just joined the forum and this is the article that made me join. I have sever bacne, big bumps, cysts and little spots from my shoulders all the way down to the middle of my back, especially on my shoulder blades. I also get an insane itching sensation on my back arms and chest, I was just wandering if anyone could tell me, if using H&S is the right thing to do. and if so, how exactly should I do it. Should I just keep it on for 5 mins or the whole night????

Thanks in advance

Im suffering with bacne, mine isnt too bad at the moment ive been acting on it quickly before it gets any worse.. i did try facial wash that is suppose to clean your pores and reduce spots it worked for a couple of days then stopped then i tried moisturizer which just made it more greasy, but then i started using facial wipes that just clean your skin and take your make up off yes strange? but it actually works cause its taking all the oils that are on your skin and freshing it up, after i do that i put an olay non-greasy moisturizer [its in a pink bottle, you can get this from boots or any body shop] on that makes your skin smooth and keeps your skin from drying out, and its been working excellent. My bacne is starting to fade and go now you do this every morning or night. Hopefully this will come in handy i hope.

i am so desperate to try anything too since my prom is coming up in like 3 days.

do you think head and shoulders 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner will work too??)

THANKS!

i am so desperate to try anything too since my prom is coming up in like 3 days.

do you think head and shoulders 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner will work too??)

THANKS!

try Zynerit, it helps me get rid of my few acne spots over night.I'm :wub: with it :)

THANKS!

try Zynerit, it helps me get rid of my few acne spots over night.I'm :wub: with it :)

well im not sure because it contains conditioner and conditonr aint so good for the back and it will make u break out. i will just go ahead and buy classic clean its safe because by buying the 2 in 1 im not really sure what results youll get. Goodluck!

Yay okay I'll try this!!! I have a big bottle of classic clean from costco :)

Someone said they used the citrus one for oily scalps, but idk if anything scented is a good idea..

Well guys I must say this has been working out for me as well! I've had pretty bad backne and the results after two weeks are amazing my back is smooth and no bumps. My regimen is H&S classic clean 5 minutes before the shower (hand applied). H&S again in the shower(hand applied again) warm to cold water, rinse, lightly dry after shower. I then apply a Sea Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree oil mix diluted in %50 percent water applied with a cotton ball. (at night only stuff is pretty strong) Next day Gold Bond Medicated powder all on my back really helps cool everything down all day. Also taking vitamin A, Flax seed oil, nacin, and zinc. So far so good! Still have pretty bad scars but what a difference. I'm so happy with the results so far. No over drying of the skin or extremely irriated spots. My back hasnt felt this good in months. I am not afraid of a pat on the back anymore. :)

Edited by Evasive80